+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision in 4 days?

rupindershergill

Sep 1, 2017
I applied for visit visa for my sibling from India and the application was refused after just 4 days. I applied on Feb 14 and got a rejection letter today (Sunday) around 3pm. I checked this morning and the eligibility review hadn’t even started.
Is it chinook software that they employed to get rid of applications? Should it be reapplied right away or apply for GCMS?
PS - He was already refused once due to family ties in and outside of Canada.

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
I applied for visit visa for my sibling from India and the application was refused after just 4 days. I applied on Feb 14 and got a rejection letter today (Sunday) around 3pm. I checked this morning and the eligibility review hadn’t even started.
Is it chinook software that they employed to get rid of applications? Should it be reapplied right away or apply for GCMS?
Apply for GCMS and try to use the old portal i.e. GC Key. Is your sibling working in the home country? if yes then the decision is invalid. If no then that could be a reason.

Reactions: rupindershergill

rupindershergill

Sep 1, 2017
Apply for GCMS and try to use the old portal i.e. GC Key. Is your sibling working in the home country? if yes then the decision is invalid. If no then that could be a reason.
He is working in his home country and a job letter with approved leave was attached with the application.

• Wow
Reactions: vkamath

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
It is highly likely this is flagged off due to previous refusals and application got forced by Chinook

Do not reapply yet. See if you want to invoke Rule 9 & go that route.

I Have had enough with IRCC with wrongful refusals. The New portal is a joke in some cases. My family was a victim of the mess. Good Luck

Reactions: rupindershergill

rupindershergill

Sep 1, 2017
Maybe. What were reasons for refusal? Length of visit? Funds? Profile? Family Ties? He has 2 rejections so don’t reapply until he has GCMS notes and can address each reason for refusal.
The letter I received is generic letter for refusal stating ties in Canada, no ties outside Canada, proposed length of stay ( it was for 2 weeks), and purpose of travel. I honestly feel this has been forced to reject by chinook as there was literally no review started on file as I checked an hour before I received email regarding message in portal.

rupindershergill

Sep 1, 2017
It is highly likely this is flagged off due to previous refusals and application got forced by Chinook

Do not reapply yet. See if you want to invoke Rule 9 & go that route.

I Have had enough with IRCC with wrongful refusals. The New portal is a joke in some cases. My family was a victim of the mess. Good Luck
Yes, I read that somewhere before that their application was refused just after one day of applying.

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
If the eligibility review did not begin and you still received a refusal, send them an email requesting reconsideration and include a screenshot from your Portal account.

sadlifecanada

Jan 17, 2023
If the eligibility review did not begin and you still received a refusal, send them an email requesting reconsideration and include a screenshot from your Portal account.
Do you know how to show them proof that the review did not begin?
The portal shows current status when it is refused, does not show past statuses, and its hard to catch a screenshot of review not started because we never know when or how fast the refusal came.
For my case, in the morning when I checked, review had not started, didn't take a screenshot at that time as it was the same status since application submission, and then noon got a refusal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are a few strong issues making your brother’s approval difficult. First of all 3 out of 4 children have immigrated both to UK and Canada so there is a good reason for concern that he may be looking to do the same. When did he travel to the UK? Only having 12k in savings is not a lot given the current cost of travel. He would be using a good portion of his savings for a short trip. The fact that he is 35 and single counts against him since he has no dependents in India. What was the reason for travel? What itinerary did you specify?

rupindershergill

Sep 1, 2017
There are a few strong issues making your brother’s approval difficult. First of all 3 out of 4 children have immigrated both to UK and Canada so there is a good reason for concern that he may be looking to do the same. When did he travel to the UK? Only having 12k in savings is not a lot given the current cost of travel. He would be using a good portion of his savings for a short trip. The fact that he is 35 and single counts against him since he has no dependents in India. What was the reason for travel? What itinerary did you specify?
It was going to be tourism and visiting me since my work is crazy busy (law firm) and I won’t get more than one week off for an international trip this year. I only mentioned he will be spending time with us and sightseeing for one week within BC. I understand it wasn’t the best and strongest reasons for visit, but what else can be there if you just want to visit your sibling. :(