+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"decision has been made" now how long do I wait?

JustMarried81

Sep 3, 2012
Luxembourg
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6th 2013
AOR Received.
July 5th 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Accepted Jan 16 landing End of May! :)
I am using Paris Embassy. It was made last week on Tuesday when I checked my status online.

I am out of Luxembourg.

How long does it take to get a reply from them? Someone told me 11 days. But does it take up to 2 months? It took 7 months from start to finish but still waiting on a letter of some kind from the Embassy.

Thank you.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
JustMarried81 said:
I am using Paris Embassy. It was made last week on Tuesday when I checked my status online.

I am out of Luxembourg.

How long does it take to get a reply from them? Someone told me 11 days. But does it take up to 2 months? It took 7 months from start to finish but still waiting on a letter of some kind from the Embassy.

Thank you.
Hi there, did you have to have an interview? If not then decision made is usually positive (approved). Do they have an e-mail address for your file? If so, you should receive an e-mail (make sure you check your junk mail folders as well, just in case). I am not sure about the timelines, check the spreadsheet for your visa office and that should give you a better idea. I am sure someone from your thread will respond soon as well. Blessings.

JustMarried81

Sep 3, 2012
Luxembourg
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6th 2013
AOR Received.
July 5th 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
CdnandTrini said:
Hi there, did you have to have an interview? If not then decision made is usually positive (approved). Do they have an e-mail address for your file? If so, you should receive an e-mail (make sure you check your junk mail folders as well, just in case). I am not sure about the timelines, check the spreadsheet for your visa office and that should give you a better idea. I am sure someone from your thread will respond soon as well. Blessings.
Yeah I do have an email but I hired a lawyer/consular to do the paper work for me. They do have an email for him cause they emailed him before new years.

And nothing as of yet.

Thank you.

rice-racer

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
At this point, you could write a small email asking anything to the decision made, as you haven't received anything yet, and just want to confirm when anything was sent out.
You need to put in the email your client ID,file number, name, address, birth date etc.
In our case, we got decision made for my wife in the US I sponsored from Canada, and took about 12 days to receive anything in the mail.

JustMarried81

Sep 3, 2012
Luxembourg
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6th 2013
AOR Received.
July 5th 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
rice-racer said:
At this point, you could write a small email asking anything to the decision made, as you haven't received anything yet, and just want to confirm when anything was sent out.
You need to put in the email your client ID,file number, name, address, birth date etc.
In our case, we got decision made for my wife in the US I sponsored from Canada, and took about 12 days to receive anything in the mail.
I guess anything from that time frame will be around the 3rd or 4th of next week then!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
JustMarried81 said:
Yeah I do have an email but I hired a lawyer/consular to do the paper work for me. They do have an email for him cause they emailed him before new years.

And nothing as of yet.

Thank you.
You are most welcome ;). So if you authorized the lawyer to act on your behalf then he will likely receive the information directly and will need to notify you. Blessings.

quebec23

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
Doc's Request.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013
Passport Req..
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2014
LANDED..........
28-01-2014
I was still ''in process'' when they sent my passport with the visa on it and COPR.

Probably very soon, yours will arrive too.

JustMarried81

Sep 3, 2012
Luxembourg
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6th 2013
AOR Received.
July 5th 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
CdnandTrini said:
You are most welcome ;). So if you authorized the lawyer to act on your behalf then he will likely receive the information directly and will need to notify you. Blessings.
Thank you, this wait has gone 7 months and sure passed by kinda fast in a way. But now the last few days seem even longer.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
JustMarried81 said:
Thank you, this wait has gone 7 months and sure passed by kinda fast in a way. But now the last few days seem even longer.
;)......I know it's true that those of us who have gotten through often comment on the strange fact that when you know you have to wait a long time it is hard but it is almost as though you are prepared.......then once you know you are approved and just waiting for the passport/visa those few days/weeks/months at the end of the wait seem soooooooooooo.......looooooong...............Blessings

JustMarried81

Sep 3, 2012
Luxembourg
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6th 2013
AOR Received.
July 5th 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
CdnandTrini said:
;)......I know it's true that those of us who have gotten through often comment on the strange fact that when you know you have to wait a long time it is hard but it is almost as though you are prepared.......then once you know you are approved and just waiting for the passport/visa those few days/weeks/months at the end of the wait seem soooooooooooo.......looooooong...............Blessings
Thank you almost been 2 weeks since it's all done but waiting for that letter from the lawyer still.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
JustMarried81 said:
Thank you almost been 2 weeks since it's all done but waiting for that letter from the lawyer still.
You might have to wait a bit longer than usual because your medical expired. The VO will have to get an extension before being able to issue your COPR.

JustMarried81

Sep 3, 2012
Luxembourg
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6th 2013
AOR Received.
July 5th 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
canuck_in_uk said:
You might have to wait a bit longer than usual because your medical expired. The VO will have to get an extension before being able to issue your COPR.
How long would a bit longer be?

JustMarried81

Sep 3, 2012
Luxembourg
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6th 2013
AOR Received.
July 5th 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
canuck_in_uk said:
Sorry, not sure how long it takes.
Ahhh okay no worries. Do you think I should email them or my spouse? It's only been 2 weeks. Since Decision Made status.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
JustMarried81 said:
Ahhh okay no worries. Do you think I should email them or my spouse? It's only been 2 weeks. Since Decision Made status.
I would give it another week; if you haven't heard anything by then, you guys can email them and you can have your sponsor contact his/her MP to inquire as well.