+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
I’ve been trying to take the test since my window started (a couple days ago), but I keep getting error message on the sign-in page saying I haven’t been invited to take the test based on their records. I emailed the Winnipeg office and the technical department team and they said to give it time.

What’s the point of scheduling the test window/date(s) if I can’t take it starting from that date? IRCC can be very frustrating at times smh.

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
I’ve been trying to take the test since my window started (a couple days ago), but I keep getting error message on the sign-in page saying I haven’t been invited to take the test based on their records. I emailed the Winnipeg office and the technical department team and they said to give it time.

What’s the point of scheduling the test window/date(s) if I can’t take it starting from that date? IRCC can be very frustrating at times smh.
What's your window for the test ?

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Finally, two weeks after I completed my test, Hamilton (or Niagara office helping them out) updated my test to completed.

Latest update:
Test completed: Sept 2, 2021.
Language, Physical presence, and Prohibition: In progress.
Citizenship ceremony: Not started.

The waiting continues!!!!

Last edited:

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
Finally, two weeks after I completed my test, Hamilton (or Niagara office helping them out) updated my test to completed.

Latest update:
Test completed: Sept 2, 2021.
Language, Physical presence, and Prohibition: In progress.
Citizenship ceremony: Not started.

The waiting continues!!!!
are they still conducting interviews after test for everyone? Any idea how it is progressing for others after test?

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
are they still conducting interviews after test for everyone? Any idea how it is progressing for others after test?
From what I have read here, the interview seems not to be mandatory. It depends on the officer and the specific applicant. But nowadays, the request for scanned passport copies seem to be a new development (everyone seems to be getting the request) and maybe they will start conducting interviews for every applicant.

We just wait and comply with their request(s).

Reactions: svk1520

Shore1

May 23, 2021
Those of you who submitted the online application, did you resize your photo to 420x540? The digital photo I got is 1200 x 1680.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Those of you who submitted the online application, did you resize your photo to 420x540? The digital photo I got is 1200 x 1680.
The photographer should have sized it to the specified size. I think you shouldn't do the editing yourself but rather let the photographer send you the pix that meets IRCC specifications. Recall, if you modify a pix, they will do.

#justwhatIthink

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
Hi Namratha,
You have to wait for 2 days for the mail to hit your inbox and after sending your finger prints you can see an update in the tracker stating that they received your fingerprint results and will review them soon.
Hey Pran one more question, once u did the fingerprint how long did it take to update in tracker?

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Finally was able to sign in and take the test, I passed it!!

I actually was more excited getting the AOR (because I had to wait for so long) than I was passing the test. The invitation and passing the test didn’t really excite me much haha.

Hopefully they don’t make us wait another forever for citizenship ceremony :cool: