+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Hi,

I see there is an update (updated : Aug 24) on the new citizenship application tracker website but I don't see any updates in the detailed section..
is this sort of ghost update?
I don't think there are usually updates without an effect. Most likely your BG has been completed. it will reflect the next day. If your BG has been completed before, it should be something else.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
New Info requested..

from
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
C/O Citizenship Unit
400-269 Main Street
Winnipeg MB R3C 1B2
CIC-Winnipeg-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca

1. Please provide colored photocopies of your passport(s) or travel documents which were valid during your relevant period. Please ensure all pages are photocopied: this includes the front and back cover, and each page within the passport or travel documents, even pages without stamps.
(If no travel documents available, no photocopies need to be provided).
2. Please scan these documents into PDF documents, and e-mail them back to the e-mail address provided above. Please ensure the file size remains under 5MB in size. If the file size is larger than 5MB, please split the document and send it in separate documents.
I've updated the spreadsheet.

Reactions: WF_Can

thetechgirl

Aug 14, 2018
Hi Guys

This is what I received "Please provide colored photocopies of your passport(s) or travel documents which were valid during your relevant period. Please ensure all pages are photocopied: this includes the front and back cover, and each page within the passport or travel documents, even pages without stamps. (If no travel documents available, no photocopies need to be provided)."

Can I know if I have to make copies of the entire passport (stamp pages) or just the stamp pages that are within (time of physical presence)?

thanks...
Hey! I got the same request for passport photocopies this morning. Just to be sure, we are meant to scan all the pages of the passport and email it to the processing office’s email address provided in the header of the document correct?

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
Hey! I got the same request for passport photocopies this morning. Just to be sure, we are meant to scan all the pages of the passport and email it to the processing office’s email address provided in the header of the document correct?
Hey when did u apply? And AOR? Which office?

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
I don't think there are usually updates without an effect. Most likely your BG has been completed. it will reflect the next day. If your BG has been completed before, it should be something else.
yes BC completed..wondering how long it is taking for online applicants to get test invite after BC is completed?

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Application date - December 19th 2020
Processing office - Winnipeg
Applied from Vancouver, BC
AOR - March 2020
Background verification - completed
citizenship ceremony - not started
everything else is in progress
thetechgirl said:
Great, thanks! I can confirm the online portal was updated to test completed yesterday. @LunaM did you get your test invite btw?

Another question - has anyone besides the first batch gotten their oath ceremony invitation? How long did it take after the test to receive oath invitation?
Hi, just to confirm, did your test status changed to completed, or is it still in progress? The two posts kinda confused me a bit. Please clarify. Thanks!!!

Reactions: thetechgirl

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
I’ve just received the test invitation email, attached to this email is also a request letter asking for the scanned pictures of all the passports held during my eligibility. The email came from Winnipeg, although I submitted my application from Calgary :)
thatguyoverthere said:
Good news! I have just been invited/scheduled to take the citizenship test between August 31 and September 21 - no passport pages asked nor interview, just straight to test invitation :)

Timeline
Submitted online - January 8, 2021
AOR - June 13, 2021
BG check completed - August 9, 2021
Test invitation - August 24, 2021
My city is Calgary.
Wow! Congratulations again. Did they send you another invite different from the previous invite without passport pages request?

Reactions: Emenaik007

veb

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga/ ND
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Aug 4, 2014
File Transfer...
Jul 28, 2014 / IP: Nov 12, 2014
Med's Done....
Apr 24, 2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Jan 12, 2015/ DM Jan 14
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 16, 2015
LANDED..........
April 22, 2015
Received email test invitation today, Same as THATGUYOVERTHERE, email came from Winnipeg asking scan pages of passport.
Can someone please update tracking sheet.

Last edited:

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Wow! Congratulations again. Did they send you another invite different from the previous invite without passport pages request?
Thank you very much. And the first “invite” was actually just an update in the tracker, I formally received the official email today asking me to take the test (with the link included) and a letter was also attached to it - asking for the passport pages.

Last edited:

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Thank you very much. And the first “invite” was actually just an update in the tracker, I formally received the official email today asking me to take the test (with the link included) and a letter was also attached to it - asking for the passport pages.
Makes sense!

I see IRCC has adopted a new approach of asking every applicant for scanned copies of their passport (for those who haven't sent theirs) at the time of the test invite. Hopefully, this helps to spend up processing!

Good luck to us all!!!

Reactions: thatguyoverthere

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hello all - I am submitting my online application next week, a couple of questions:

1. Where do you guys check the status after submitting the application? Seems like the online application portal is different than the CIC portal, or do we link after the AOR?

2. Would it be a good idea to submit all pages of the passport along with the application, since it is usually requested at the time of test invite?

Thanks!