+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Max00

Mar 4, 2021
Question for people who already applied online , could you help please
- photo requirement ( digital photo ) should be same size as paper photo which is 50 mm x 70 mm (2″ x 2 ¾″) ??
Shoppers drug mart told me that the digital photo would be in different size ..they can't make it same size as paper photo....
Any idea ?
Thanks

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
- photo requirement ( digital photo ) should be same size as paper photo which is 50 mm x 70 mm (2″ x 2 ¾″) ??
Shoppers drug mart told me that the digital photo would be in different size ..they can't make it same size as paper photo....
Any idea ?
Thanks
I used mobile app to get right digital size.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Any idea ?
Thanks
I got it from shoppers and the dimensions was correct, maybe try another location?

Hamiltoncitizen

Feb 24, 2021
hi. Can anyone help me with the photo requirement for online applications? i cannot understand what they really want.
I mean, can I scan a citizenship picture taken at Costco?

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
hi. Can anyone help me with the photo requirement for online applications? i cannot understand what they really want.
I mean, can I scan a citizenship picture taken at Costco?
A scanned photo is not accepted. If you are in Hamilton (based on your moniker), go to Jackson Square Downtown Hamilton. There is a photo store named La Galleria Canada. I took mine there and the photographer sent me the digital copy via email, stamped the hard copy, and gave me his business card.

I hope this helps

Hamiltoncitizen

Feb 24, 2021
A scanned photo is not accepted. If you are in Hamilton (based on your moniker), go to Jackson Square Downtown Hamilton. There is a photo store named La Galleria Canada. I took mine there and the photographer sent me the digital copy via email, stamped the hard copy, and gave me his business card.

I hope this helps
Thank You! Did they accept it?
So you uploaded the picture he sent by email?
What else did you upload?Thanks

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Thank You! Did they accept it?
So you uploaded the picture he sent by email?
What else did you upload?Thanks
Did they accept what? The digital photo? Well, I have not received my AOR or any correspondence from IRCC to either say whether it was accepted or not. But why shouldn't they accept the photo provided it meets their specification?

I uploaded the stamped/date the photo was taken alongside the photographer's information.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Andriod app 'Passport photo id maker studio' by Yarsa Labs. Also please keep in mind that I haven't received my AOR yet to confirm if my photo got approved or not.
Come to think about it @SNGHL_2013, if our photos weren't accepted, I am guessing IRCC would just initiate a request for a new photo that meets their specification. Or would they return the whole online application and ask the applicant to resubmit? Doesn't the latter sound funny?

I made this statement as I know of someone who submitted a paper application for a family of 4. At the time of application, her country of origin passport has expired and she submitted the application that way. IRCC did not return her application. They simply asked for a letter of explanation!

proactivejaf

Aug 17, 2015
Hey folks,
so Dec 02 online application
spoke to an agent yesterday
he didnt see my file in the system
i dont know what to do? should i wait? re apply? re apply online? paper application?
please give some suggestions
Thanks and have a great weekend all!