+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Ali G

Nov 12, 2020
This is awesome news for everyone!! Congrats to everyone who got test invites and fingers crossed everyone who is waiting gets an invite soon :)

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
Its been 2 weeks since there is no AOR for online applications. Last AOR was received on Feb 10. Maybe they have picked some early online applications under this pilot program and remaining online applicants are left waiting. Meanwhile paper based Dec. applicants are keep getting AORs alomst everyday. Just my thoughts and I hope I am wrong.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Its been 2 weeks since there is no AOR for online applications. Last AOR was received on Feb 10. Maybe they have picked some early online applications under this pilot program and remaining online applicants are left waiting. Meanwhile paper based Dec. applicants are keep getting AORs alomst everyday. Just my thoughts and I hope I am wrong.
@SNGHL_2013, relax! I can understand your position, but just relax! You seem to be pouring some negative thoughts on online applications. Applying online isn't golden and neither is paper application. When an online application hasn't received AOR (and even if it has and hasn't been fully updated), the IRCC call center agents wouldn't see it from their end. It doesn't mean your application is lost (come on!). About pilot program, the speculation is without limits. Over the years, having applied for PR and other immigration documents with IRCC, you should have known how they work........most of the time, it is far from chronological. It heavily varies from visa office to even visa officer, from IRCC set priority to other government demands from IRCC which might make them change their priority, etc. Maybe some positivity from you can make files of the online applicants move forward! Just try it, it works!

Reactions: thatguyoverthere

Nikola10

Feb 18, 2021
@SNGHL_2013, relax! I can understand your position, but just relax! You seem to be pouring some negative thoughts on online applications. Applying online isn't golden and neither is paper application. When an online application hasn't received AOR (and even if it has and hasn't been fully updated), the IRCC call center agents wouldn't see it from their end. It doesn't mean your application is lost (come on!). About pilot program, the speculation is without limits. Over the years, having applied for PR and other immigration documents with IRCC, you should have known how they work........most of the time, it is far from chronological. It heavily varies from visa office to even visa officer, from IRCC set priority to other government demands from IRCC which might make them change their priority, etc. Maybe some positivity from you can make files of the online applicants move forward! Just try it, it works!
@SNGHL_2013[/USER] Yes, Relax man stop comparing, most of us in the same situation, I don't think online is faster or the paper is, it's just different ways of submitting file and online is a bit easier

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
Noted. I will try to be relaxed and you plz try not to overreact.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
I found a video on YouTube about them doing a pilot for online applications and accepting 5000 of them.

Nice one @Aspiring Canadian! I enjoyed watching the interview and seeing the vision of the immigration minister.

About the pilot online application, it makes sense that IRCC is accepting only 5000 applicants at the moment. This is expected in every new online deployment as it allows for testing (as the minister rightly mentioned) to evaluate performance. So, from what I garnered from his description of the pilot program, 5000 applicants will be involved. As he wasn't explicit, I can infer that their pilot program will follow the conventional process. Once an applicant can submit his/her application online, the applicant is automatically considered within the pilot program. I made this assertion as it does makes sense (testing sense) that a new program is launched and if still under testing based on a set parameter (5000 applicants), not all users who could use it wouldn't be used for the test. As you know, the program started in Dec 2020 and IRCC have already limited applicants, for example, only single applicants who aren't using a representative can apply. By the time they get up to 5000 applicants and they haven't finished testing in order to open it up to the wider populace, they most likely will stop accepting applications via the online platform.

#myopinions

Realtor

Jan 15, 2021
Some people are frustrated and complaining to immigration minister that why you guys are getting test invites , just saw that on Facebook group

yxl_yyz

Feb 12, 2021
Some people are frustrated and complaining to immigration minister that why you guys are getting test invites , just saw that on Facebook group
I am sorry to hear that. I understand why people are frustrated especially those who have waited for a long time to hear from IRCC. However, I feel like I will be more reluctant to share my application status from now on if online applicants are going to be thrown under the bus by some individuals... I guess we were lucky that the online application came out when we became eligible to apply, but no one knew how it was going to turn out; some people applied online and have not yet heard from IRCC for their AOR's. We all took a chance at it...

Reactions: simfhs

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
I am sorry to hear that. I understand why people are frustrated especially those who have waited for a long time to hear from IRCC. However, I feel like I will be more reluctant to share my application status from now on if online applicants are going to be thrown under the bus by some individuals... I guess we were lucky that the online application came out when we became eligible to apply, but no one knew how it was going to turn out; some people applied online and have not yet heard from IRCC for their AOR's. We all took a chance at it...
Though Some folks didn't mentioned the city in tracker looks like this testing is happening mostly in Vancouver and Toronto and other major cities as tracker data talks about this

Its good to share the timelines and city atleast will benefit the other applicants to track as this is new for everyone

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
Hey guys got AOR email 2 days ago, can I please be updated on the sheet (I didn't do exppress, regular app)
I'm guessing becaise I did it online and was one of the first one to do it that is going faster.
Very happy, didn't expect this.

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
can someone send me the sheet and update me?
Applied online Dec 3 2020
AOR Feb 24 2021

Reactions: Ramii

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Sp
This is really happening guys, Got invited today too!

Applied online Dec 3 2020
AOR Feb 3 2021
Online Test invitation Feb 24 2021
Test activation period Mar 1 2021 - Mar 22 2021
Very nice news! :)

Congratulations to all the online applicants who got the Citizenship test invite!

Does receiving the citizenship test invite mean that all the prior steps are successfully completed - like background checks etc.?

Reactions: myat