[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
The physical presence calculator upload worked when I renamed the file to 3 letters.

Issue was that the default name when we print/save the file from the website is quite a long one. Very dumb and what a waste of time.

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone

i have just submitted my online citizenship application, Will i get an confirmation for this in my email

Thanks
You dont get confirmation emails, but you can log on to your account and it will show that the file has been successfully submitted.

champion92_pls

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
The physical presence calculator upload worked when I renamed the file to 3 letters.

Issue was that the default name when we print/save the file from the website is quite a long one. Very dumb and what a waste of time.

I know. Also I think someones posted something that the names of the files should not have spaces in them. ugh!!

Glad you managed it!

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Can someone please point me to the online application link on IRCC website? I can't seem to find it on the website and while the link posted in this thread looks legit, I am worried to enter my data on that link and I would rather access it after going to IRCC website
TIA

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
Pre-Medical Done for wife
I applied paper based on November 30 and file was received by NS on December 7, 2020. Did anyone get AOR yet or it takes time?

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Can someone please point me to the online application link on IRCC website? I can't seem to find it on the website and while the link posted in this thread looks legit, I am worried to enter my data on that link and I would rather access it after going to IRCC website
TIA
I had the same concern as you, i looked everywhere but the link is not in the IRCC website anywhere. So I called IRCC and they told me that the link was given by invitation only therefore it not yet available on the IRCC website. I asked the person to confirm the address https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca and after putting me on hold for a long time she confirmed that it is the correct one. If you are still skeptical, you can call IRCC (1-888-242-2100), select 4, then 1, then 0, to get to the citizenship contact rep, they have a good call-back service so you dont have to wait on hold forever.

Reactions: prt22

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Can anyone direct me to any detailed instructions about how to upload the photo in online applications? I have a hard copy for a passport photo (from Costco), should I scan that one? Even the IRCC rep could not help me with that over the phone, so I am not sure what to do? Also how do you include the photographer information, is a scan of the backside of the photo enough?
thanks!

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Can anyone direct me to any detailed instructions about how to upload the photo in online applications? I have a hard copy for a passport photo (from Costco), should I scan that one? Even the IRCC rep could not help me with that over the phone, so I am not sure what to do? Also how do you include the photographer information, is a scan of the backside of the photo enough?
thanks!
It says specifically it has to be a digital photo so you'll have to have that retaken

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
It says specifically it has to be a digital photo so you'll have to have that retaken
Thanks for the reply, but help me understand, if I scan the same photo and size it in the same exact way as the instructions, i.e.:
  • have a maximum file size of 4 MB
  • have a minimum image size of 420 x 540 pixels
  • have a file format of JPEG or JPEG 2000
what is the difference between that and the digital copy from the photographer? I mean from a technical point isnt it the same?

champion92_pls

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Thanks for the reply, but help me understand, if I scan the same photo and size it in the same exact way as the instructions, i.e.:
what is the difference between that and the digital copy from the photographer? I mean from a technical point isnt it the same?
No scan. It has to be digital. Means, taken from the camera and transferred directly to the computer.
Call your photographer and have them to send it to you by email for extra fee.

Reactions: ziadelbaghdadi

champion92_pls

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
I had the same concern as you, i looked everywhere but the link is not in the IRCC website anywhere. So I called IRCC and they told me that the link was given by invitation only therefore it not yet available on the IRCC website. I asked the person to confirm the address https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca and after putting me on hold for a long time she confirmed that it is the correct one. If you are still skeptical, you can call IRCC (1-888-242-2100), select 4, then 1, then 0, to get to the citizenship contact rep, they have a good call-back service so you dont have to wait on hold forever.

Thanks for calling and confirming. Weird they said it's by invitation only!

So, whoever applied without an invitation, they are good?

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Yes technically it is the same, but as they say specifically not to scan, I would not run the risk of your application being returned for something you can easily avoid. I know, it's annoying. I had a digital one retaken and then ended up not even using it as my online application kept failing and I ended up going the paper route anyway

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Yes technically it is the same, but as they say specifically not to scan, I would not run the risk of your application being returned for something you can easily avoid. I know, it's annoying. I had a digital one retaken and then ended up not even using it as my online application kept failing and I ended up going the paper route anyway
thanks, ill try to get the digital copies, I hope they still have them. Otherwise I will take another digital one.

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Thanks for calling and confirming. Weird they said it's by invitation only!

So, whoever applied without an invitation, they are good?
Thats what I asked her over the phone. I told her that I was able to log in and fill up the form, but I will be submitting my application in a couple of weeks. She said that if you are able to log in then there should not be any issues with applying online. I also asked about the benefit of doing the application online and she simply said that it is for convenience during COVID, and that it does not have any effect on the processing time.