hachuflay

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
Wait you are not going anywhere before you get nomination. just wait for few more minutes
Last night I received an email from mycic saying there was an update, I checked and there was no message or approval. One of those false alarms I guess.

However, I noticed my score was increased by around 30 points (no idea why)

Anyway, still waiting ;)

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not sure if non-Canadians are meant to respond to this. However, it accepted my response when I tried and I'm not in Canada. I thought it is a good idea to express honest views. It may accept multiple responses. Use your discretion.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/consultations/nationaldiscussion.asp

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Digital/Best/Dhasha/Piyush/Raj ...All who commented.

Respect your perspectives, comments.. and the small essay from Best..He totally totally gave a different spin to OLA.Uber trigger. :'( :'(

Well, 8th Aug my DD is expiring. I got the mail reviewed and accepted. Any chance OINP will en cash on time or I will be asked to resubmit.

Lpbe

May 11, 2016
hachuflay said:
Last night I received an email from mycic saying there was an update, I checked and there was no message or approval. One of those false alarms I guess.

However, I noticed my score was increased by around 30 points (no idea why)

Anyway, still waiting ;)
Hachufly,

Similar thing happened to me but not in a positive way. In my case, on my birthday OINP took of 1 point of my general score. Try to remember if you're now with more work experience for example.
Anyway... More points is good.

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

I got my AOR on 05th July and submitted new DD also but just wanted to know at what stage will I get request for ECA?

Also my spouse got a new passport but express entry does not have a column to update new passport details, have they changed their system and removed the spouse passport details column?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bestofluck said:
In India education and money do not go hand to hand. There are paanwalas in U.P , Gujarat and Maharashtra who earn more than a DR. There is something like Dignity also. Everything is not earning. At least not to me. Leaving India does not mean leave your Dignity and do anything, because it is accepted there. You can leave a country not your culture and upbringing. Since childhood I listen to the story that in U.S even a sweeper comes in a car. I mean we have gone to that level that we are going to Canada just because we get a Car and nice house.(just to upload photos to show the Indians, my new car, my new house) Its all about habitat and not house, its all about living dignified and not lavish.

No wonder i am going to see so many outsiders as taxi drivers when I land in Canada.

If this was the case why the hell we took our education? it was so easy before 5 yrs to go to Canada. why waited to become an educated Driver. This very thought makes me believe that all those who will get PR will do anything for citizenship also. marry anyone and become citizen. leave India leave your own country and leave your Ethics. whats the diff between us and refugees than?

may be the guy has 10 cars and making 2 L a month. I am sure you dint feel like making him your friend or adding him to facebook or invite him for a cup of tea. okay what type of girl will prefer to marry him just because of those 10 cars and 2 L /month?

Sorry its not money.

But I still agree not all have the money to survive there in the beginning because of the currency rates and may compromise for time being until they get a job. but than making it a lifetime profession....

The peon of my office also owns three cars and has given it to Ola cabs and earn a fixed income, naturally earns more than me. But than he is not given a cabin, he still seats on the stool at the gate.

If it only for money let me say it is very easy to make money in India than in Canada.

Sorry I can leave India but cannot leave being an Indian. Never
It is sad to see the bubble that we live in. Taxi driving is looked down in the society. Why? Why is doing something a person likes (or for the most part, the person is forced to) stigmatized? "Survival of the fittest" is the "m@nthra " of nature. I'm not implying that you have to work odd jobs your entire life. No. When you get to Canada, it might be difficult for the most of us to find work. Life is tough - Canada is not a land of milk and honey for all immigrants - At least in the beginning. If odd jobs will feed you and help you succeed in your primary objective, then yes, one can, IMO, go for it.

Coming back to Dignity;You lose your dignity only when you start begging for money when you are fit for work. You don't "lose dignity" if you work and get paid;doesn't matter what work you do (by "any work", I'm implying legal work). "Being Indian" doesn't have to do anything with driving a cab. Indians do drive cabs. Please understand that driving a cab will not make you a lesser Indian or a lesser human being.

If your idea of dignity SHOULD include living in a well-furnished 3 bedroom apartment that costs a fortune, wearing an Italian suit and flaunting the company's name that he is working for- I suggest you to come out of that bubble. At the end of the day, everyone - You, me, the delivery guy, the peon at your office, the clerk at my office - everyone works for money. It all boils down to money. Money is important and you must be prepared to get out of your comfort zone to earn it if you, for instance, lose your job and you got a family to feed.

There was a salesman who used to work at my father's shop. Today, he runs a business; turnover in millions. Never underestimate anybody. Never think of any job as low. If a job is going to feed you when you are there, go for it. Our current Prime Minister was an ex-Chaiwala (Tea seller) :) .

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
I would invite him for tea.. nothing wrong in that.

In fact whenever I make tea by myself at our office kitchenette I make one for my secretary too, of course often I ask her to make it for me, but hey, if I am there already why not make one for her too?

Freds

Jan 16, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-08-2016
I do agree with Raj. The first job I had when I came to Canada in 2012 was cleaning up my neighbours' house then mowing their lawns. I then worked as a dishwasher in an Indian restaurant for 8 months, then worked in a cosmetic factory as a general labour for a year while I was in school. Once I graduated, I was lucky enough to find a job in a call centre in Toronto and which was a great opportunity for me to focus on my career I would say. By the grace of God and help of others I am Assistant General Manager in a small size hotel now and I believe every job has its own dignity.

I believe we all can do wonders in Canada.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Freds said:
I do agree with Raj. The first job I had when I came to Canada in 2012 was cleaning up my neighbours' house then mowing their lawns. I then worked as a dishwasher in an Indian restaurant for 8 months, then worked in a cosmetic factory as a general labour for a year while I was in school. Once I graduated, I was lucky enough to find a job in a call centre in Toronto and which was a great opportunity for me to focus on my career I would say. By the grace of God and help of others I am Assistant General Manager in a small size hotel now and I believe every job has its own dignity.

I believe we all can do wonders in Canada.
Thanks for sharing your story. This would help people realize how life is (at least initially) going to be, in Canada.

"I believe every job has its own dignity" - +1 to you!

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
It is sad to see the bubble that we live in. Taxi driving is looked down in the society. Why? Why is doing something a person likes (or for the most part, the person is forced to) stigmatized? "Survival of the fittest" is the "m@nthra " of nature. I'm not implying that you have to work odd jobs your entire life. No. When you get to Canada, it might be difficult for the most of us to find work. Life is tough - Canada is not a land of milk and honey for all immigrants - At least in the beginning. If odd jobs will feed you and help you succeed in your primary objective, then yes, one can, IMO, go for it.

Coming back to Dignity;You lose your dignity only when you start begging for money when you are fit for work. You don't "lose dignity" if you work and get paid;doesn't matter what work you do (by "any work", I'm implying legal work). "Being Indian" doesn't have to do anything with driving a cab. Indians do drive cabs. Please understand that driving a cab will not make you a lesser Indian or a lesser human being.

If your idea of dignity SHOULD include living in a well-furnished 3 bedroom apartment that costs a fortune, wearing an Italian suit and flaunting the company's name that he is working for- I suggest you to come out of that bubble. At the end of the day, everyone - You, me, the delivery guy, the peon at your office, the clerk at my office - everyone works for money. It all boils down to money. Money is important and you must be prepared to get out of your comfort zone to earn it if you, for instance, lose your job and you got a family to feed.

There was a salesman who used to work at my father's shop. Today, he runs a business; turnover in millions. Never underestimate anybody. Never think of any job as low. If a job is going to feed you when you are there, go for it. Our current Prime Minister was an ex-Chaiwala (Tea seller) :) .
They only thing I would say is, if you want to become taxi driver and you become that is okay, it must be planned not an outcome of 'Majburi'. There is no way one cannot get a single job in his own profession which he has designed it himself as a future. IF you have applied for Canada and you end up getting PR of Syria will you accept it, just because it will feed you.

IF minister was a chaiwala that is his father's Destiny ( he dint chose to become one) not his own. he decided to become something and he did it. IF he opted to become chaiwala and run fathers business it would not have been below dignity.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bestofluck said:
They only thing I would say is, if you want to become taxi driver and you become that is okay, it must be planned not an outcome of 'Majburi'. There is no way one cannot get a single job in his own profession which he has designed it himself as a future.
Okay, you will realize what I have said once you reach Canada. There was a post circulating in the forum where a wealthy Indian couple working in Dubai applied to immigrate to Canada. They were too proud to take up survival jobs, ended up burning all their savings and they ended up moving back to Dubai and cursing Canada. They were also "warning" people not to immigrate to Canada. Funny. Canada is not for people who think it is a loss of dignity/self-esteem doing odd jobs until finding a job in his/her field.

"IF you have applied for Canada and you end up getting PR of Syria will you accept it, just because it will feed you" - Irrelevant example. This in no way matches my comparison.

Person X immigrates to Canada. Person X has some savings. Person X doesn't get a job for 6 months; he is trying hard to get a job in his field. Person X's savings have burnt down. Person X has a family - a wife and a kid.

If you are this person kid, would you sit in your couch and say "Aw, I am not going to work until a job in my field. I don't care if my family starves" or you go out and grab the first job that you get (though it many not be in your field)?

If person X had worked and earned something, his savings might not have become completely depleted. He wouldn't be in such a situation in the first place only if he had come out of his bubble and re-visited his idea of dignity.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Okay, you will realize what I have said once you reach Canada. There was a post circulating in the forum where a wealthy Indian couple working in Dubai applied to immigrate to Canada. They were too proud to take up survival jobs, ended up burning all their savings and they ended up moving back to Dubai and cursing Canada. They were also "warning" people not to immigrate to Canada. Funny. Canada is not for people who think it is a loss of dignity/self-esteem doing odd jobs until finding a job in his/her field.
]so what if I come back. I wont be a loser. In fact I will be proud to go and see it myself if I can fit in there. I am going there with some purpose and if I dont get it I will be more than happy to come back , and if you think they all who left are losers, sorry to say you never know what is winning.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
@rajkamalmohanram, read my first post again. I said it clearly until you get a job of your choice its okay if people take odd jobs..some people are still on fathers destiny.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bestofluck said:
]so what if I come back. I wont be a loser. In fact I will be proud to go and see it myself if I can fit in there. I am going there with some purpose and if I dont get it I will be more than happy to come back , and if you think they all who left are losers, sorry to say you never know what is winning.
I never did say they were losers, did I? Please try not to be delusional. I said the couple did not succeed in Canada because they were not ready to give up their "dignity" and "self-esteem" (apparently they do not know what those words mean and you don't either) and were not ready to come out of their comfort zones. You are NOT a loser if you ride a cab. You are NOT a loser if you wash dishes. You are NOT a loser if you mow lawns. But you are a loser if you do not try to survive - running away because you do not get a job in your job within a few days of your landing - that is where you begin losing. Complaining that Canada did not offer you a job is meaningless - nothing was promised.

If you get a job the second day after you land, I will be more than happy for that person. He has done it. What I am telling is for people who do not land the job on the second day. Or on the second week. Or on the second month. People have to survive - the person can earn some income while sending out resumes. This also gives you "Canadian Experience" that every employer looks for.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
@rajkamalmoharam,

If I go for a movie, and the move is bad , i would get up and go. I wont see it just because I spend some money. Canada is same for me. IF I dont get what I want , I will get up and go.( implied that I will sincerely try for it) I must get what I want or else not everything but I have most of the things I want in India. I just want something which is not here in India and thats it.

thats me, i dont know who is what. all are different