+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December Application OINP

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The sudden spike in Procedural Fairness messages is a worrisome development for waiting Nov-Dec applicants .

I still feel, whatever it is, OINP needs to proactively resolve the cases either way rather than keeping applicants waiting for eternity and then sending them Procedural Fairness mails.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Digital D:

OINP is requesting to provide the info, explanation, docs to satisfy themselves before taking any decision on NoM.
These may be few cases in the decision phase. Hope I am understanding it right.

What other conclusions we can draw; Is OINP deliberately issuing the procedure fairness letters to delay?? If it's so
they can delay, deny without providing any explanation for their decision. No applicant can question them. Am I right?

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
I agree. Very worrying indeed. I am now very anxious about my own January application, and have just had yet another sleepless night at the hands of OINP.

Why were these issues not picked up at the completeness check stage? It is unforgivable that they could leave people dangling for so long and charge so much money for doing so. They should have been able to pick up on length of work experience from the dates on EE profile, so shouldn't be inviting people if they don't meet the criteria.

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anybody clear my doubt?

What is the role of 6 months bank statement to show proof of funds? Are the certificates, issued on Bank letterheads showing amount fixed, equivalent to bank statements?

Thank you so much in advance!!

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MZASAM said:
Digital D:

OINP is requesting to provide the info, explanation, docs to satisfy themselves before taking any decision on NoM.
These may be few cases in the decision phase. Hope I am understanding it right.

What other conclusions we can draw; Is OINP deliberately issuing the procedure fairness letters to delay?? If it's so
they can delay, deny without providing any explanation for their decision. No applicant can question them. Am I right?
Well, there is a difference between Additional Request Vs Procedural Fairness Request. The latter is virtually a "decision" from the processing officer and whatever docs. are sent henceforth - are for kind of appeal .

OINP has all right to take decisions either way but IMHO it's not fair to make applicants wait for 1.5+ years and then issue procedure fairness letters.

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fly2Can said:

What is the role of 6 months bank statement to show proof of funds? Are the certificates, issued on Bank letterheads showing amount fixed, equivalent to bank statements?

Banks in many countries don't issue certificate that gives average balance for past 6 months. Such bank certificates will only certify your current balance and your account opening date. In such cases, 6 months bank statements are needed as they give a complete historical picture to OINP/IRCC.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fly2Can said:

A statement on the bank letter head, signed, stamped stating the Acct Holder name, total amount in Rs, total equivalent amount in CAN $
parked for the past six months.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DigitalDestiny said:
Well, there is a difference between Additional Request Vs Procedural Fairness Request. The latter is virtually a "decision" and whatever docs. are sent are for "appeal" .

OINP has all right to take decisions either way but IMHO it's not fair to make applicants wait for 1.5+ years and then issue procedure fairness letters.
DD: Yeah, you are right. Let's hope OINP remain fair and take a positive decision for the applicants whom they issued procedure fairness letters.

How excruciating!! receiving such a letter after waiting so long. God knows OINP working and our fate.

gayathry84

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Hi All

Is there a whatsapp group for post AOR people or post nomination people ? I would like to join such a group

Thanks Gayathri

Bintehassan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
DigitalDestiny said:
Well, there is a difference between Additional Request Vs Procedural Fairness Request. The latter is virtually a "decision" and whatever docs. are sent are for "appeal" .

I sent them an email regarding the errors they made in Procedural Fairness Letter, it consisted of 3 mistakes and I send back all the proofs asking them to correct records. They replied to my email clarifying and acknowledging only one error and not saying a word on the other two. This leaves me in a huge confusion as to what they require from me if anything. I am talking to a lawyer and god help me if they reject me I have documented proof of their error and costing me money, time and energy.

I not only lost my faith, I am also prepared for a rejection and an appeal. And just to clarify, procedural fairness is NOT an appeal. Appeal doesn't trigger until a decision is given to a client in writing which must state rules of appeal.

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bintehassan said:
I sent them an email regarding the errors they made in Procedural Fairness Letter, it consisted of 3 mistakes and I send back all the proofs asking them to correct records. They replied to my email clarifying and acknowledging only one error and not saying a word on the other two. This leaves me in a huge confusion as to what they require from me if anything.
@Bintehassan As per IRCC, if all the eligibility criteria are met then they are "required" to issue the visas. Officers do not appear to have discretionary powers of there own per se. So I guess if you have evidence that OINP has made 3 mistakes then they will to take corrective measures.

-----------

"Any application submitted in the prescribed manner must be assessed against the Canadian program criteria and, if the person meets the criteria, they must be issued a visa. Assessment against the criteria may or may not require a personal interview. The officer must apply the principle of procedural fairness in all cases."

Source - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/refugees/resettlement/eligibility/paper.asp
-----------

aka5h

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Finally got nominated over the weekend today!!! Mail arrived that my profile had been updated. Timeline below -

NOC - 2172
App date - 9th Dec 2015
Category - FSW (Inland)
AOR - 18th May
WES request - 28th September 2016
WES provided - 4th October 2016
Additional docs request - 5th October 2016
Additional docs provided - 1st November 2016
Decision phase mail - 2nd November 2016
"Not available for nomination mail" - 3rd November 2016
Reply to "Not available for nomination mail" - 3rd November 2016 (OINP was using my old expired profile form nomination, requested them to use my new Express Entry profile)
Nomination - 5th November 2016

Oct 22, 2016
aka5h said:
Hi Guys,

Finally got nominated over the weekend today!!! Mail arrived that my profile had been updated. Timeline below -

NOC - 2172
App date - 9th Dec 2015
Category - FSW (Inland)
AOR - 18th May
WES request - 28th September 2016
WES provided - 4th October 2016
Additional docs request - 5th October 2016
Additional docs provided - 1st November 2016
Decision phase mail - 2nd November 2016
"Not available for nomination mail" - 3rd November 2016
Reply to "Not available for nomination mail" - 3rd November 2016 (OINP was using my old expired profile form nomination, requested them to use my new Express Entry profile)
Nomination - 5th November 2016

Congrats!!!! Who was your officer?

aka5h

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know the full name, but the initials are MW.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
aka5h said:
I don't know the full name, but the initials are MW.
congrats .. one more question if I may: which team? oinp1, oinp 2...etc?