+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December Application OINP

kulyoma

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's assume the discussion in the November OINP thread is true (just an assumption). Then they have already taken all of their 2016 quota and let's assume it was like in 2015, 2500 applicants. So from the beginning of November to mid February, roughly during three months, they received probably 3000 applications.
For 3000 applications they have 20 employees in the unit, assuming the data on their website is correct (http://www.infogo.gov.on.ca/infogo/office.do?actionType=telephonedirectory&infoType=telephone&unitId=4310&locale=en)
This means, that on average, 1 employee is looking at 150 applications, manually. Moreover, the decision is not made by just one officer, and the crosschecking procedures are likely to be in place. So it probably takes at least the involvement of three officers per one application, meaning 1 officer is looking at 450 applications. If 90 days is the term they promise to complete the review of an application, then on average, 1 officer is looking at 5 applications per day, and if you omit Saturdays and Sundays (assuming they don't work on those days), it brings you to 7 applications per day per one officer. I don't think it is realistic to manage such a volume ::). I think Dec applicants will finish getting their AORs by end-June and nominations by end-August.

On a positive note, I believe, we are extremely lucky :D, that we managed to catch those few months, when the OINP was still inviting applicants with CRS 400+ to participate in the program. I am convinced that even if they open the program again this year, the score will be increased, as there are too many applicants in the EE pool with score of 400+ but not enough for the ITA. Plus OINP would probably think of a way to automate the process...

Wish you all good luck and patience for coming months :)

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
kulyoma said:
Let's assume the discussion in the November OINP thread is true (just an assumption). Then they have already taken all of their 2016 quota and let's assume it was like in 2015, 2500 applicants. So from the beginning of November to mid February, roughly during three months, they received probably 3000 applications.
For 3000 applications they have 20 employees in the unit, assuming the data on their website is correct (http://www.infogo.gov.on.ca/infogo/office.do?actionType=telephonedirectory&infoType=telephone&unitId=4310&locale=en)
This means, that on average, 1 employee is looking at 150 applications, manually. Moreover, the decision is not made by just one officer, and the crosschecking procedures are likely to be in place. So it probably takes at least the involvement of three officers per one application, meaning 1 officer is looking at 450 applications. If 90 days is the term they promise to complete the review of an application, then on average, 1 officer is looking at 5 applications per day, and if you omit Saturdays and Sundays (assuming they don't work on those days), it brings you to 7 applications per day per one officer. I don't think it is realistic to manage such a volume ::). I think Dec applicants will finish getting their AORs by end-June and nominations by end-August.

On a positive note, I believe, we are extremely lucky :D, that we managed to catch those few months, when the OINP was still inviting applicants with CRS 400+ to participate in the program. I am convinced that even if they open the program again this year, the score will be increased, as there are too many applicants in the EE pool with score of 400+ but not enough for the ITA. Plus OINP would probably think of a way to automate the process...

My point is if they give AOR by June all DD will expire. Because my DD is dated 14th Dec and it expire on 14th june. IF they deposit the DD and than take their time its okay. or else it will be like returning the applications.

And the speed which they are giving 1 AOR per week it may end up the end of the year.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
kulyoma said:

There is no logic to your statement above. Even if 2 officers look into applications whether they are complete or not and send AOR it cannot take more than 15 days to send AOR. After all what they do is just take out DD and see if the package is complete.

This is all their strategy and planned not to send AOR soon. They know the reason better but it cannot happen just because of the lack of staff. lack of staff can be temp. problem not a permanent one.

Dont take pains is assuming such things :p head and tails dont match.

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
My point is if they give AOR by June all DD will expire. Because my DD is dated 14th Dec and it expire on 14th june. IF they deposit the DD and than take their time its okay. or else it will be like returning the applications.

And the speed which they are giving 1 AOR per week it may end up the end of the year.
Your DD was already encashed ?. Yes Bank confirmed you, correct ?

Anyways, my bank confirmed that my DD is not encashed. My application reached them 30-Dec and DD will expire on 30-May :( . So I am in a more tight corner.

I have already sent them an email explaining the situation and requesting them to at least encash my DD before it expires. Will post back once I receive their response.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
DigitalDestiny said:
Your DD was already encashed ?. Yes Bank confirmed you, correct ?

My bank confirmed that my DD is not encashed. My application reached them 30-Dec and DD will expire on 30-May :( .

I have already sent them an email explaining the situation and requesting them to at least encash my DD before it expires. Will post back once I receive their response.

your application reached on 30th, but DD must be taken out earlier say 1 week before so it will expire on 24th May rather. Its good idea to mail them, I will also do the same. thanks.

which mail ID did u send the mail?

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we have any CEC applicant in the group who is currently in Ontario ?

If that person can just visit OINP office in Toronto and ask them first hand what's going on, that would help entire group. On telephone or email they will just give standard template replies. :-[

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
DigitalDestiny said:
Do we have any CEC applicant in the group who is currently in Ontario ?

If that person can just visit OINP office in Toronto and ask them first hand what's going on, that would help entire group. On telephone or email they will just give standard template replies. :-[
good idea. we do have some.

mangat2016

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ndvo not
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
2 feb
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
dd encashed

i am outland applicant.but i made a dd from a bank in ontario.the person from whose account i made a dd told me that it is encashed in march.but i am not sure because i don't know the canadian banking system whether they inform their customers about encashed dd or not.but that person is sure about it

7asweh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
kulyoma said:

Hi kulyoma, how do you that nomination will only take two months after AOR, some people got the AOR early December and still didn't receive the nomination

Ahmad Shqair

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, we have to do something to know what is going on !!!
the processing time is very slow ... ??? ??? ???

Shut-up-and-dance

Apr 29, 2016
Hey guys. I sent my application in December, which was delivered on the next day December 3rd. Till now, there is no response from their side. I have already contacted the office, but they said that my it's not my turn yet and they will notify me whether the package is incomplete or complete. Apart of that, I had to change my express entry profile twice, update them with a new address (also twice), update them with a new WES report and English score. I am afraid the officers might be annoyed with such activity from my side. I guess, we have to be patient guys and just wait.

Good luck to all!