December Application OINP

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maged_mmh said:
thinking of it: what's the big deal about AoR? it yields nothing. Given the trend, best nomination won't happen until July at best, adding to this 6/7 months of CIC processing, we should expect Feb 2017 to hear anything. this is really not what I for one was expecting before investing time and money with this Canada deal, all due to false information and promises by both OINP and CIC.

rant is over - sorry, not sorry.

I regularly see a lot of complaint in this thread about the processing time limit of 90 days. Everybody please take into consideration that OINP declared here (http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html) that they do not process applications during the months of January and December and that time accumulated during this period is not included in the processing time calculation for applications. If these months are after the time they received your application, please adjust your expectations for that.

souriju

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Hi Wildemam,
Can you please clarify where exactly it is communicated about not processing Dec and Jan months? This is first time I am hearing for Jan month, every time I rang ONIP answer was Dec month we were not working so delay but I think probably they are going to say Jan and Feb also... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

souriju

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
souriju said:
Hi Wildemam,
Can you please clarify where exactly it is communicated about not processing Dec and Jan months? This is first time I am hearing for Jan month, every time I rang ONIP answer was Dec month we were not working so delay but I think probably they are going to say Jan and Feb also... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OK got it, it was from March 12th 2014 i.e. two years back update

roshantrv83

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
jaamit said:
Can you please give more details on 1 Year course for becoming professional engineers. Fees. I have not heard of this.
If you dont have a bachelors degree from CEAB accredited program, your file will go to our Academic Requirements Committee (ARC) for assessment and they will determine what technical exams are required to get pass marks for professional engineer. The minimum time period is 1 year depending upon the exams.

akmoolah

Nov 28, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any Idea why they have stopped giving AORs ?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
akmoolah said:
Any Idea why they have stopped giving AORs ?
They have not stopped giving AOR's, don't panic as they promised to process all the applications received. There may be people who are not in the forum who are receiving AOR.

jaamit

Star Member
Feb 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roshantrv83 said:
If you dont have a bachelors degree from CEAB accredited program, your file will go to our Academic Requirements Committee (ARC) for assessment and they will determine what technical exams are required to get pass marks for professional engineer. The minimum time period is 1 year depending upon the exams.
I have WES report that states I have Master's degree equivalent. Is CEAB applicable to all immigrants?

roshantrv83

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
jaamit said:
I have WES report that states I have Master's degree equivalent. Is CEAB applicable to all immigrants?
Nop, Its not mandatory, You can only work under a professional engineer. But your previous work experience doesnt help until you clear the exams. Many industry prefer the former, while appear for interview. Check the job requirements. :)

LowOnCRSScore

Apr 5, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I really want it to happen in 2017
Hi,
My CRS Score is at a pathetic 367.. Do i stand any chance of an Ontario Provincial Nomination at all?
:(

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
LowOnCRSScore said:
Hi,
My CRS Score is at a pathetic 367.. Do i stand any chance of an Ontario Provincial Nomination at all?
:(
To get a PT Notification of Interest (invite to apply for nomination) from Ontario, you need to have a minimum score of 400. It seems Ontario has not been sending out PT NOIs since mid Feb, I feel that that they may start to send out PTs in May. Meanwhile, you can look at ways to improve your CRS score. IELTS score plays a major role in improving your CRS score. I am not sure what your IELTS score is, but if you target CLB 9 (LRWS 8777), it will take your score beyond 400.

Use this calculator/tool and check how variation in IELTS score affects the CRS http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp.

If you are married, you can also get ECA and IELTS done for your spouse (though these are optional for co-applicant). You can claim up to a maximum of 10 points for ECA and 20 points for IELTS for spouse.

rainbow00

Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wildemam said:
I regularly see a lot of complaint in this thread about the processing time limit of 90 days. Everybody please take into consideration that OINP declared here (http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html) that they do not process applications during the months of January and December and that time accumulated during this period is not included in the processing time calculation for applications. If these months are after the time they received your application, please adjust your expectations for that.
This might be true because in one of the reply mail to my AOR enquiry they mentioned "During the month of December, processing was paused until the first week of January". They are overloaded with applications. So relax guys, sooner or later we all will get through it. It's just a matter of time and patience. Goodluck everybody