+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Outland Spousal Sponsorship

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hi,

I as a sponsor applied for my spouse (Family Outland) on Dec 21, 2023 and received AOR on Jan 25, 2024. But, nothing since then!

I called IRCC today, but the rep just said the total timeline is 12 months and gave no further information.

Can somebody please help me in clarifying these points below:

1. Can somebody who is in similar timeline give inputs on what can I expect?
  2. What is the next milestone? SA or Biometric/Medical request?
  3. Who receives the Biometric/Medical email request? the Sponsor or the PA?

Thank you!
  • Can somebody who is in similar timeline give inputs on what can I expect?
    • everyone has a different timeline so nobody can give a definite time on what to expect next. but should receive biometrics in a couple of weeks and so on
  • What is the next milestone? SA or Biometric/Medical request?
    • you could receive any of three that you mentioned. could receive everything the same day or different days for each
  • Who receives the Biometric/Medical email request? the Sponsor or the PA?
    • the PA receives the medical and biometrics but sponsor approval email goes to the sponsor.

Reactions: Sunny_Sharma

Lihei

Dec 27, 2023
Hi,

I as a sponsor applied for my spouse (Family Outland) on Dec 21, 2023 and received AOR on Jan 25, 2024. But, nothing since then!

I called IRCC today, but the rep just said the total timeline is 12 months and gave no further information.

Can somebody please help me in clarifying these points below:

1. Can somebody who is in similar timeline give inputs on what can I expect?
  2. What is the next milestone? SA or Biometric/Medical request?
  3. Who receives the Biometric/Medical email request? the Sponsor or the PA?

Thank you!
I submitted 22 December, 2023. The PA receives Biometrics, Sponsor receives SA and AoR.

Rimka13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hello guys,
I got the aor for my spouse this week, so i want to start the trv process.
In the aor there is only the sponsor uic.

How do we link both applications ( sponsorship and trv)?

pasha1124

Feb 14, 2024
Hello all, my husband has a three year gap in his education history. This gap doesn't count in the 10 year personal history that we have mentioned. But the problem is the gap is because he had to repeat his intermediate degree which was of three years. Should we mention this anywhere and do we calculate the extra 3 years in the total years of education? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello all, my husband has a three year gap in his education history. This gap doesn't count in the 10 year personal history that we have mentioned. But the problem is the gap is because he had to repeat his intermediate degree which was of three years. Should we mention this anywhere and do we calculate the extra 3 years in the total years of education? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you apply in December 2023? If so, you will need to update your application via web form to correct it if you list any "gap year". There should be no gap in personal history. He can be in school, working or unemployed.

Lihei

Dec 27, 2023
Just received medical exam request email.

Submitted 22nd December 2023

BIL- 7th February, 2024

AOR- 8 February, 2024

SA- 8 February, 2024

Medical- 14 February, 2024

Reactions: Abivraj

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
yes fill out all the gaps

Abivraj

Sep 29, 2019
Hi All,

Online Application Submitted on: December 3, 2023
Sponsor: PR
PA from India

Good Luck Everyone!!

AOR received on Jan12, 2024
Biometric Done: Feb 14, 2024
Medical Done: Feb 15,2024

Can anyone tell what is the next process?
Let's hope for the best!!!

Last edited:

mike1121

Feb 17, 2024
I am US citizen, wife is Canadian citizen. I submitted my Criminal Rehabilitation application in November 2023, and submitted our Spousal Sponsorship in December after we were married (we have lived together in the US since 2009). I know I will have to wait for the CR first, but here is timeline so far on Spousal Sponsorship:

Submitted December 20th, 2023

AOR- Jan 25th 2024

SA- February 16th 2024

Medical - 15th Feb

Good luck all!