+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Outland Spousal Sponsorship

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hello everyone,
New thread for all members who submitted their outland spousal sponsorship in December 2023, let's connect here.

Submitted: 2nd December 2023
Sponsor: Citizen
PA: India

Good luck everyone!

Dec 3, 2023
I am in the process to completing an outland application for my wife.
I am going to India in January. She'll be coming with me to Canada as she got her visitor's visa.
So I am afraid if we get the request for biometrics and medicals, does she have to give them in India or can she do it here in Canada?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
Hi,

Online Application (Outland) submitted on December 4, 2023
Sponsor: Canadian Citizen

sammyishere

Dec 5, 2023
I applied for a spouse sponsorship overseas on December 01, 2023; after submitting my application to the online PR portal, I downloaded it and realized I made two stupid mistakes on two forms.
The first one is that I forgot to enter my father's place of birth in imm5406 and left it blank; the second one is in imm5669; I forgot to type "None " in military service. I do have a UCI number from my previous application. Should I send the Webform and explain all these mistakes before they open my application? In the imm5533 form, I mentioned I did not serve military service, and in imm5669, I entered my father's place of birth correctly; the officer will look at those and issue AOR or return my application as incomplete.
I appreciate your help on this matter.

Reactions: sidhuripudaman

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
I am in the process to completing an outland application for my wife.
I am going to India in January. She'll be coming with me to Canada as she got her visitor's visa.
So I am afraid if we get the request for biometrics and medicals, does she have to give them in India or can she do it here in Canada?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
You can give the biometric and medical anywhere in or outside Canada, just don't forget to update your address online through webforms anywhere you go

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
I applied for a spouse sponsorship overseas on December 01, 2023; after submitting my application to the online PR portal, I downloaded it and realized I made two stupid mistakes on two forms.
The first one is that I forgot to enter my father's place of birth in imm5406 and left it blank; the second one is in imm5669; I forgot to type "None " in military service. I do have a UCI number from my previous application. Should I send the Webform and explain all these mistakes before they open my application? In the imm5533 form, I mentioned I did not serve military service, and in imm5669, I entered my father's place of birth correctly; the officer will look at those and issue AOR or return my application as incomplete.
I appreciate your help on this matter.
The officer more likely return your application, I would suggest wait for them to return the application, when they return the application they also send the letter, once you get the letter read it carefully and correct the mistakes and then resubmit!

Abivraj

Sep 29, 2019
Hi All,

Online Application Submitted on: December 3, 2023
Sponsor: PR
PA from India

Good Luck Everyone!!

AmalJ

Dec 8, 2023
I am resubmitting too! Forgot a signature :( but I’ve double and tripled checked before we submit this weekend.

Edmegbc

Star Member
Oct 11, 2023
Would you please tell us what were
the reasons for returning your application? Thank you
We listed my husbands 22 year old daughter on 5406
They returned everything and wanted a 0008 5406 PC and all status id for her even tho she is too old to be a dependent, and not disabled or financially dependent.

Reactions: sammyishere