+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Outland Spousal Sponsorship

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hello everyone,

Received the sponsor approval letter today . The file is now transferred to NDVO. long waiting times ahead now.

Marifali

Aug 22, 2022
Good morning everyone
I have a question please if someone with knowledge can answer:
I just submitted a sponsorship for my wife in Iraq.
On march 7th
Questions is :
In which steps I can apply for a visa for her?
alos what’s the chances for her to approve the visa?
thanks

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Good morning everyone
I have a question please if someone with knowledge can answer:
I just submitted a sponsorship for my wife in Iraq.
On march 7th
Questions is :
In which steps I can apply for a visa for her?
alos what’s the chances for her to approve the visa?
thanks
There is no set of steps in which you should apply for TRV. based on my experience, I applied for TRV after receiving AOR and was approved within 15 days. The chances all depends on the proofs you submit in your application like home ties and funds. nobody can quote you on the approval chances, completely depends on the Visa officer.

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
HELP Please

IF adding my spouse to PR application and he has 3 children from his ex marriage who are in full custody of the ex wife, will I list the children as my dependents on IM008 generic form, or rather list them on the additional family information form? The kids will not be travelling with my spouse to Canada beacuse they are in full custody of tge ex wife. Any ideas where to fill them in the application form?

Smile92

Feb 22, 2024
Still nothing apart from AOR for us since receiving on Jan 16th.

We are a straightforward application, living togther outland in UK

Seems that everyone is moving quickly apart from us!

We are now moving back to Canada in 3 weeks, husband will enter as visitor and he will apply for OWP. Will update with that status alongside our PR application now.

ChinaLeon

Mar 6, 2024
There is no set of steps in which you should apply for TRV. based on my experience, I applied for TRV after receiving AOR and was approved within 15 days. The chances all depends on the proofs you submit in your application like home ties and funds. nobody can quote you on the approval chances, completely depends on the Visa officer.
I see in your case, the sponsor is Canadian citizen, and under outland class. Is the sponsor outside of Canada living with the applicant, when applying for TRV? then there is no need for CIC to approve the TRV based on the ground for quicker reunion?

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
I see in your case, the sponsor is Canadian citizen, and under outland class. Is the sponsor outside of Canada living with the applicant, when applying for TRV? then there is no need for CIC to approve the TRV based on the ground for quicker reunion?
At the time when the application was submitted, I(sponsor) was already in Canada.

ksaha

Mar 20, 2024
Hello Everyone,

Just came across this forum a few days ago while trying to understand whats's happening to our application. We had quite a long period of silence before getting some updates over the last couple days. So just posting here the info:

Sponsor - Permanent Resident
Application submission - 08/DEC/2023
AOR received - 12/JAN/2024
Biometric request received - 19/MAR/2024 (VO - Warsaw)
Sponsor eligibility completed - 20/MAR/2024

Already scheduled the biometric and I guess waiting for the medical request now. I have a few questions though:

1. Does anyone else have Warsaw VO here?
2. It seems from other posts that the Biometric and Medical requests are received rather close to each other, has someone here experienced otherwise?
3. Do we already have or have we considered using an excel sheet to capture all the data, would be helpful have a look at all the data compiled together at one place.

Mazcar

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hello Everyone,

Just came across this forum a few days ago while trying to understand whats's happening to our application. We had quite a long period of silence before getting some updates over the last couple days. So just posting here the info:

Sponsor - Permanent Resident
Application submission - 08/DEC/2023
AOR received - 12/JAN/2024
Biometric request received - 19/MAR/2024 (VO - Warsaw)
Sponsor eligibility completed - 20/MAR/2024

Already scheduled the biometric and I guess waiting for the medical request now. I have a few questions though:

1. Does anyone else have Warsaw VO here?
2. It seems from other posts that the Biometric and Medical requests are received rather close to each other, has someone here experienced otherwise?
3. Do we already have or have we considered using an excel sheet to capture all the data, would be helpful have a look at all the data compiled together at one place.
2. Biometrics and medical can either come very close together or very far apart (some cases medical comes after background check gets completed)
3. Here you go https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=1499991486
1. Check the google sheet

Reactions: ksaha