• Submission: 6th December 2023
About Applicant:
  • Type: Single Applicant
  • Presence: 1096 Days
  • Citizen: India

Last edited:

Application18

Nov 19, 2018
My AOR is 29th Dec and I have completed my test.
Portal was last updated on 1st march with test completed.
Would someone know on an average when can i expect my oat ceremony? Or any other update?
Single applicant.

SAU443

Star Member
Mar 22, 2024
Hello All,

I have submitted my application(online) on Dec 21,2023 and received AOR on Jan 11,2024(Office Scarborough).
After AOR, on Jan 11, I was asked to submit missing document which is a police clearance certificate from Saudi Arabia during the past 5 years.

So, I submitted a covering letter thru webform explaining that a police clearance certificate is not required for non-citizens who does not have legal residence status and not residing in Saudi Arabia as per the IRCC website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html. After few days, I also received confirmation email from IRCC on 02 February, 2024, that the police certificate was received by the responsible office. But unfortunately the tracker was not updated with "Additional information received".

In the meantime, I received the citizenship test invite on Jan 24, 2024 and completed the test on Feb 02, 2024. Eventually, the tracker was last updated on Feb 07, 2024 with only citizenship test completed on Feb 05, 2024. Since then, there was no single update on the tracker and it showing that send us additional information "waiting for you". So again, I resend the document via webform and I received acknowledged receipt of the document from IRCC on March 14, 2024 and they are stating that "due to technical reasons, they may not be in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for the officer review".

There has been no update to my tracker since February 7, 2024. So, my question is, has anyone faced a similar circumstance in which the status has not been updated but the processing is in progress?

Also, if there is no police clearance document, would the process be delayed? However, the above-mentioned IRCC official website explicitly states that "if you do not have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, you are not required to provide a Saudi Arabian police certificate."

I'm just concerned that my application might got stuck. Any helpful advice in this case would be greatly appreciated.

Below are my timelines
Application submitted : Dec 21, 2023
AOR : Jan 11, 2024
Additional information required: Jan 11, 2024
Scheduled citizenship test: Feb 2, 2024
Citizenship completed : Feb 5, 2024

LLP = In-progress
BG = In-progress