+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Thanks for your reply. I meant when we sent our application we did send passport pics with our file. Do we need to send pictures again .
Passport application is a totally separate process with its own rules. Nothing to do with the citizenship application

fièrementcanadien

Jan 31, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
sorry for the delayed response. a bit busy with life getting things in place for life after citizenship. I was asked for fingerprints but that was because the last time I had submitted them was when I applied for a PR 4 years ago.

By the way, did you asked for figure print after submission of police clearance supporting documents.

fièrementcanadien

Jan 31, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Une nouvelle mise à jour est apparue le 5 avril. L’étape « vérification des antécédents » est maintenant marquée comme terminée.
Compétences linguistiques, présence effective, et interdictions restent en cours. Cada cosa a su debido tiempo.

Background is marked as complete. Language, physical presence, and prohibitions (LPP) remain in progress. Things continue to proceed at just the right pace. :)

For fellow farmers, the seeds I put in in my little garden at the end of the frost are doing really well. I can already see tiny little leaves peeking out from the soil.

Other side note about seeds: sequoias are my favorite trees in the world. We have the green sequoias here in BC but if you travel south to the north of California, you can also see the red ones in the interior. If you haven't seen a sequoia seed before in your life, I highly recommend taking a gander at one. They're one of the smallest coniferous seeds. A humble seed 4-5 cm in length contains all the knowledge, patience, and steadfast vision to grow into a veritable giants of more than 70 feet that lives for 3000 years. Lessons abound for those that are willing to learn.

Une nouvelle mise à jour est apparue aujourd’hui sur l’outil de suivi. L’étape de l’examen est maintenant marquée comme terminée (depuis 20 février). Il ne leur a fallu que deux jours ouvrés. o_O

Modifer: je viens de remarquer qu’ils ont reçu mes empreintes digitales le 19 février, soit un mois après qu’elles étaient prises.

Exam is now marked as complete since 20 feb so 2 days after I took the exam.

Edit: They also received my fingerprints on 19 February.

Reactions: kloppity

bondadeepak

Dec 19, 2013
FINALLY!!! Some movement
After dead silence since Jan 31st.
Processing OFFICE: SCARBOROUGH
Application:
Online (Citizenship)
Application Date: Dec-12, 2023
Physical Presence Days : 1358
AOR Date: Jan-03, 2024
In Process (tracker): Jan-09, 2024
Test Prompt: Jan-23, 2024
Test Schedule: Jan-26 to Feb-24, 2024
Test Taken: Jan 29, 2024
Test Completed on Tracker: Jan 31, 2024
GU :March 30, 2024
Background Check : April 6, 2024
LPP Completed: In progress
Decision Made: In progress
Oath Ceremony: NOT STARTED

Star3530

Star Member
Mar 6, 2023
Type: Online application
Application: Single
Application sent: December 25, 2023
Delivered: December 25, 2023
AOR: 15 January, 2023
Test invite - 04 Feb 2024
Test complete - 15 Feb 2024
Fingerprint request - 24 Feb 2024
Fingerprints complete - 15 March 2024
Background complete - 05 April 2024
Physical Presence complete - 05 April 2024
Language & Prohibitions - 05 April 2024
Citizenship ceremony - NOT STARTED

How long will take for Oath ceremony ? Any idea ?

Baanayaad

Mar 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28/07/14 (AINP), 12/02/16 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
13/07/16
Nomination.....
22/08/15
AOR Received.
21/04/16
Med's Done....
10-01-2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Hello Folks,
Thank you reading my comment. I have 2 questions for the forume, please advise me:

1) People from india: Did you see any disadvantage of Canadian Citizenship? With OCI cards, we cannot buy a agricultural land...which makes me worried sometime. I came from village, and I am deeply connected to my village. I am worried if things change in future like last year October (India-Canada Bad relations), then it might be difficult to go back home. In future, I am also thinking to move back home permanently, though not sure about it.
I am also trying to get in public service in Canada.

2) I am in the process of changing my legally (adding my family name). If everything remains good, then I will get name change certificate by end of May. Should I submit citizenship application now, and then later on raise webform and send name change documents. Or should I wait for name change certificate and then I submit my application.
I am thinking to submit now, because,

then probabbly by end of October I will

get Canadian passport and then I will get OCI in 2 months. I am planning to travel in Feburary 2025 to India.

Thank you
My opinion; if you are deeply connected to your country and may move back, remain a PR and keep your Indian status.

Reactions: keys8014