+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Vancouver office here. After almost a month (28 Feb test update) one of the two applicants got a fingerprint request.
Same shit for me. Located in Montreal and test complete updated on Feb 10th. No update since then, and today got a FP request from the Vancouver office.

gopalk

Jun 18, 2021
So after resisting myself for 5 long days today I open the tracker just to be disappointed again!
Now I think I wont open it at all and rather just wait for oath email!:rolleyes:

FYI below is my timeline:
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1101
Application: Family (2 adults)
Application sent: Dec 05, 2023
Delivered: Dec 05, 2023
AOR: Dec 21, 2023
Test Invite: Jan 31, 2024 (Test to be taken between Feb 05, 2024 and mar 05, 2024)
Test given: Feb 08, 2024
Test completed in portal: Feb 09, 2024
LPP: Mar 04, 2024
BG: In Progress

Processing office: Mississauga, ON
Atleast your LPP is done, mine not completed

• Sad
Reactions: Monark20

gopalk

Jun 18, 2021
Been over 2 weeks since an update and still same old same old.. Yesterday, I called IRCC and they said my app is stuck at security due to a backlog. Frustrating to see stuck at literally one thing. Don't know the fuss about BG checks especially at Mississauga office.

(Timeline at signature)
They told me the same thing sec in progress everything else is pending

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
I don't think there's any cherry picking involved. An applicant from one of the 'Five Eyes' countries (USA, UK, Australia, NZ), for example, might be processed faster because of the data availability and shared security information of the allied nations. This is just a hypothetical theory but easily imaginable. As the IRCC have stated, each case is different. I try not to stew about the process on a daily or weekly basis and will treat a result within a year as a bonus.
I thought so too but apparently that is not always the case. It's definitely a case-to-case basis. However, it's just weird how I cleared both criminality and prohibitions and stuck on security. At this point, I am not even in a hurry to get my oath, just want background to be cleared lol.

On the bright side, a lot of November applicants are getting oath now. So provided everything goes well, hopefully us December applicants should get oath by April end.

Reactions: D-Dog

serkan06

Apr 20, 2020
Same shit for me. Located in Montreal and test complete updated on Feb 10th. No update since then, and today got a FP request from the Vancouver office.
Same here, I am also in Montreal and test complete update on feb 5. Just got an email from Vancouver office for FP.

RK2017

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Calgary
Job Offer........
Yes
Folks,
I see for few its jet speed timeline and for few IRCC speed timeline.

I observed that , The applicants(family or individual) who submitted their citizenship application based on the physical days considered by WorkPermit days + PR days factor are not jet speed timeline at all.

do you also see what i see?

kuldeepklu

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Been over 2 weeks since an update and still same old same old.. Yesterday, I called IRCC and they said my app is stuck at security due to a backlog. Frustrating to see stuck at literally one thing. Don't know the fuss about BG checks especially at Mississauga office.

(Timeline at signature)
Sorry if this question is already answered. What number did you call to check your status?

AM-MA

Sep 29, 2020
I got an update on the portal for the oath invitation. Awaiting email now. Any idea how when will I get email. Thanks.

office Calgary
AOR. Mid Dec.
test completed. 10 Feb
Finger print. 25 Feb complete
BG completed. 27 Feb complete
Interview. 14 Mar complete
LPP. Mar 16 complete
Oath. Mar 21. In progress

Reactions: RainyCityResident

tanujgyan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
My app is stuck at background check. Everything else passed on March 21
Citizenship test Jan 30
Lpp prohibitions physical presence March 19
I am also from Mississauga office

Reactions: Monark20

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
I personally track progress by AOR dates (because thats when IRCC says they start processing your app) not when you sent it off paper or online . and based of the spreadsheet tracker a good amount of the November Applicants who got oaths and/or getting oaths are those with december AORs. some lucky ones even already did their ceremony mid feb.