+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

AM-MA

Sep 29, 2020
Today I got email on how to download e-certificate but my oath is still not started. Is this normal procedure.

office Calgary
AOR. Mid Dec.
test completed. 10 Feb
Finger print. 25 Feb complete
BG completed. 27 Feb complete
Interview. 14 Mar complete
LPP. Mar 16 complete
Oath. Not started.

Application18

Nov 19, 2018
For your sake, and that of others who may not know.

Your tracker will usually update (not ghost updates) with new items two days after they have been added. So, any updates you see today would have been from Sunday - jokes on you if you thought IRCC staff worked on that day.

Thus, Wednesday to Sunday is when you'd usually see updates on the tracker. Wednesday for Monday's items, and Sunday for Friday's. Updates also only happen early mornings, people have said by 7am local time. If no updates at 7am, do not expect anything until the next day (provided it isn't a Monday/Tuesday).

Save yourself the trouble and obsess over other more productive things like watering your seeds.
My last update was citizenship test completed on 1st March and my profile was last updated on 5th March. My AOR is 29th Dec (Single Applicant).

Monark20

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Brampton, ON Canada
Category........
PNP
So after resisting myself for 5 long days today I open the tracker just to be disappointed again!
Now I think I wont open it at all and rather just wait for oath email!:rolleyes:

FYI below is my timeline:
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1101
Application: Family (2 adults)
Application sent: Dec 05, 2023
Delivered: Dec 05, 2023
AOR: Dec 21, 2023
Test Invite: Jan 31, 2024 (Test to be taken between Feb 05, 2024 and mar 05, 2024)
Test given: Feb 08, 2024
Test completed in portal: Feb 09, 2024
LPP: Mar 04, 2024
BG: In Progress

Processing office: Mississauga, ON

terrykang7848

Feb 24, 2020
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1131
Application: Single
Application sent: Dec 29, 2023
AOR: Jan 15, 2024
Scheduled for citizenship test: Feb 19 - Mar 19
Test taken: Feb 19, 2024
Test completed: Feb 29, 2024
Language skill, background verification, physical presence, prohibitions: in progress
Citizenship ceremony: not started.

Mar 15th: Received an email requiring additional documents for language proof and submitted the additional doc on the same day.
Mar 18th: Received an email saying
"Your file has been reviewed and will proceed to the next step of citizenship which will be your virtual ceremony. Please ensure to monitor your inbox, including the spam/junk folder, regularly for an invitation to attend the ceremony. Details will be included in the ceremony invitation."

Update:
Background verification: Feb 05
Language skills: Mar 18
Prohibitions: Mar 15
Physical presence: Mar 15
Oath ceremony scheduled: April 9

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Been over 2 weeks since an update and still same old same old.. Yesterday, I called IRCC and they said my app is stuck at security due to a backlog. Frustrating to see stuck at literally one thing. Don't know the fuss about BG checks especially at Mississauga office.

(Timeline at signature)

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Been over 2 weeks since an update and still same old same old.. Yesterday, I called IRCC and they said my app is stuck at security due to a backlog. Frustrating to see stuck at literally one thing. Don't know the fuss about BG checks especially at Mississauga office.

(Timeline at signature)
Vancouver/Calgary (doesn't matter either way) office here and apparently a lot of us December applicants are stuck there as well. My criminality (one half of the BG check process) is 'complete', just now waiting for security, which can take a long, long time to come in, all through no fault of my own.

Fortunately for some, their visa office can process other aspects of their applications while the BG is in progress, the Vancouver/Calgary office seemingly have never thought of doing the same so we are here stuck with later February and March applicants, some of whom have gotten AOR and test dates, some even test completed dates.

Interestingly that backlog hasn't affected later December, January and February applications and maybe won't affect March's. Whoever created IRCC's business process must be having a laugh.

Reactions: glqu2013

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Vancouver/Calgary (doesn't matter either way) office here and apparently a lot of us December applicants are stuck there as well. My criminality (one half of the BG check process) is 'complete', just now waiting for security, which can take a long, long time to come in, all through no fault of my own.

Fortunately for some, their visa office can process other aspects of their applications while the BG is in progress, the Vancouver/Calgary office seemingly have never thought of doing the same so we are here stuck with later February and March applicants, some of whom have gotten AOR and test dates, some even test completed dates.

Interestingly that backlog hasn't affected later December, January and February applications and maybe won't affect March's. Whoever created IRCC's business process must be having a laugh.
Same here, my criminality was completed as they received my fingerprints on March 7. It's funny how most applicants get their background completed in no time while we have to wait for 'security' to clear for ages. I really don't understand the concept behind how they cherrypick their applicants for a lengthy security check.

And you're right, atleast my VO seem to process other aspects like LPP while BG is in process. Hoping we all get an update soon!

glqu2013

Feb 21, 2024

took citizenship test on Jan.29, after that nothing happened. I submitted my son’s citizenship application yesterday and got his AOR today. It took me one and half months to get AOR after submitting my application. Maybe we should resubmit our application?

Reactions: gopalk

D-Dog

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
Same here, my criminality was completed as they received my fingerprints on March 7. It's funny how most applicants get their background completed in no time while we have to wait for 'security' to clear for ages. I really don't understand the concept behind how they cherrypick their applicants for a lengthy security check.

And you're right, atleast my VO seem to process other aspects like LPP while BG is in process. Hoping we all get an update soon!
I don't think there's any cherry picking involved. An applicant from one of the 'Five Eyes' countries (USA, UK, Australia, NZ), for example, might be processed faster because of the data availability and shared security information of the allied nations. This is just a hypothetical theory but easily imaginable. As the IRCC have stated, each case is different. I try not to stew about the process on a daily or weekly basis and will treat a result within a year as a bonus.

luckyuser

Feb 6, 2024

submitted my app in 26th Dec from vancouver, last update citizenship test (feb 15th) no Background to LPP (no FP request)

astacom

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
Wow yours came fast after test completion, for Calgary office.. but that looks normal procedure from what i see from others in this forum or could be different in each cases.

hopefully ours will come soon as well:
AOR: Jan 03, 2024
Test complete: Jan 31, 2024
BG: in progress
LPP: in progress

Today I got email on how to download e-certificate but my oath is still not started. Is this normal procedure.

office Calgary
AOR. Mid Dec.
test completed. 10 Feb
Finger print. 25 Feb complete
BG completed. 27 Feb complete
Interview. 14 Mar complete
LPP. Mar 16 complete
Oath. Not started.