+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

elkapelka

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
What about Feb apps that are having a radio silence.. no test invite, no backgrounds etc.. only AORs and nothing after.. it's been already a month for some..
I applied December 27, 2023, AOR on Jan 12 and did not hear back until Feb 1 (FP request), so I guess it's normal.

terrykang7848

Feb 24, 2020
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1131
Application: Single
Application sent: Dec 29, 2023
AOR: Jan 15, 2024
Scheduled for citizenship test: Feb 19 - Mar 19
Test taken: Feb 19, 2024
Test completed: Feb 29, 2024
Language skill, background verification, physical presence, prohibitions: in progress
Citizenship ceremony: not started.

Mar 15th: Received an email requiring additional documents for language proof and submitted the additional doc on the same day.
Mar 18th: Received an email saying
"Your file has been reviewed and will proceed to the next step of citizenship which will be your virtual ceremony. Please ensure to monitor your inbox, including the spam/junk folder, regularly for an invitation to attend the ceremony. Details will be included in the ceremony invitation."
Updates on the tracker:
Prohibition and Physical presence completed on Mar 15.
Still no oath date scheduled, but received an email today saying:
"
Please find the instructions to download your electronic Canadian Citizenship Certificate (e-Certificate) in the attached document.

Sincerely,
Citizenship Program"

kyoussef

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
AOR Jan 16
Test completed Feb 13
FP requested Feb 21 on tracker but email received on Feb 23
FP given Feb 24
RCMP confirmed FP was mailed out on Mar 7
Tracker updated today that FP was received on Mar 14.

RCMP confirmed FP was mailed out on March 11, but the tracker has not been updated yet.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
SINGLE Applicant
Online application dec 31
AOR JAN 15
Background verification done Feb 5
Test invite Feb 12
Test window Feb 19 to march 19
Test taken Feb 20
Test update Feb 27
LLP DONE March 11
Oath march 15
Oath ceremony date April 4
Wow! When did you become a PR? Your timeline is super fast! That's awesome! Woooo Hooooo

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Hi guys! I received my PR in 2019, and have decided to go for my Citizenship.
1) I haven't been out of Canada since receiving my PR, so I don't think I need a Police Certificate if I understand it correctly.
2) For PR, there was a LOT of paperwork with reference letters and such...do you guys add extra letters, etc. with this Citizenship app? or is that overkill? I don't want to burden the agents with more paperwork if it's not needed.
Thank you for your time.

monster truck

Jan 16, 2024
Hi guys! I received my PR in 2019, and have decided to go for my Citizenship.
1) I haven't been out of Canada since receiving my PR, so I don't think I need a Police Certificate if I understand it correctly.
2) For PR, there was a LOT of paperwork with reference letters and such...do you guys add extra letters, etc. with this Citizenship app? or is that overkill? I don't want to burden the agents with more paperwork if it's not needed.
Thank you for your time.
Nahh it's very simple . PR file was very complicated. Don't need to add any extra paperwork.

Reactions: cindyestteacher

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
no update on my tracker. :mad: :mad: :mad:
For your sake, and that of others who may not know.

Your tracker will usually update (not ghost updates) with new items two days after they have been added. So, any updates you see today would have been from Sunday - jokes on you if you thought IRCC staff worked on that day.

Thus, Wednesday to Sunday is when you'd usually see updates on the tracker. Wednesday for Monday's items, and Sunday for Friday's. Updates also only happen early mornings, people have said by 7am local time. If no updates at 7am, do not expect anything until the next day (provided it isn't a Monday/Tuesday).

Save yourself the trouble and obsess over other more productive things like watering your seeds.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
For your sake, and that of others who may not know.

Your tracker will usually update (not ghost updates) with new items two days after they have been added. So, any updates you see today would have been from Sunday - jokes on you if you thought IRCC staff worked on that day.

Thus, Wednesday to Sunday is when you'd usually see updates on the tracker. Wednesday for Monday's items, and Sunday for Friday's. Updates also only happen early mornings, people have said by 7am local time. If no updates at 7am, do not expect anything until the next day (provided it isn't a Monday/Tuesday).

Save yourself the trouble and obsess over other more productive things like watering your seeds.
Can i water your seeds then?