+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

PMDJM

Jan 9, 2024
Maybe it was a temporary COVID measure but I didn't have to give biometrics for my PR as I'd previously given them before?
I gave fingerprints for Work permit in 2019, then nothing for PR and then got fingerprint request now for citizenship. Don't think you can really work out the reasons why they ask for them?

car2ca

Mar 11, 2024
I gave fingerprints for Work permit in 2019, then nothing for PR and then got fingerprint request now for citizenship. Don't think you can really work out the reasons why they ask for them?
I think at the end of the day, 90% of this process is arbitrary and random depending on the agent(s) processing your case. There isn't too much value in wondering why, just submit the biometrics and move on. I have a similar timeline.

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
Hi I have a question for submitting proof for english language what did you submitted if you didn't gave IELTS or any other test in past ?
I have done my masters degree in IT but from India and on the degree certificate it is not mentioned that the course was in english.

Mtltrpr

Jul 3, 2021
I'm wondering why BV is not passed based on the following timeline, office Mississauga (All completed except Background and Ceremony)
  • Mar 8, 2024
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 8, 2024
    Prohibition status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 8, 2024
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
  • Feb 20, 2024
    The citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Feb 7, 2024
    You've been scheduled to take the citizenship test online between February 12, 2024, and March 12, 2024. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Feb 7, 2024
    The citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Jan 11, 2024 :
    Application filed
  • Dec 22, 2023:
Online Application submitted​

Reactions: RP11

Monark20

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Brampton, ON Canada
Category........
PNP
I'm wondering why BV is not passed based on the following timeline, office Mississauga (All completed except Background and Ceremony)
  • Mar 8, 2024
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 8, 2024
    Prohibition status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 8, 2024
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
  • Feb 20, 2024
    The citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Feb 7, 2024
    You've been scheduled to take the citizenship test online between February 12, 2024, and March 12, 2024. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Feb 7, 2024
    The citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Jan 11, 2024 :
    Application filed
  • Dec 22, 2023:
Online Application submitted​
I am in the same boat and I know a couple of applicants (MIS office) in same situation with everything completed and just stuck on BGV.

Reactions: Mtltrpr

Panda_Express

Mar 13, 2024
Hi folks, anyone here got an email from ircc that requires a copy of each and every page of your passport? I received this email soon after completing my test on Feb 15, no update since that, I phoned ircc and the agent confirmed they’ve received my passport copy. Is that normal?

thanks for your time!

rammani

Feb 3, 2021
How can I check when RCMP mailed the results?

Thanks!
You can call RCMP and confirm but no way to confirm the delivery date as its done through regular mail by Canada Post. It will generally be delivered within one week and IRCC takes one week to review and update but sometimes longer

RP11

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Hi folks, anyone here got an email from ircc that requires a copy of each and every page of your passport? I received this email soon after completing my test on Feb 15, no update since that, I phoned ircc and the agent confirmed they’ve received my passport copy. Is that normal?

thanks for your time!
Yes, I have seen in this forum within different group and its normal.