+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

potatolover

Feb 6, 2024
Feb 18, 2024: Passed the online test with 19/20 :D Although I was talking to myself a bit during the test.. i hope they don't think i was talking to someone else lol.

Every other item is still pending for me though. No fingerprint requests, background check, physical presence, language, prohibitions are all in progress. Hope its not stuck somewhere..
UPDATE

Dec 03, 2023: Submitted application online
Dec 20, 2023: Received acknowledgement letter
Feb 06, 2024: Received email to take online test
Feb 18, 2024: Passed the online test
Feb 19, 2024: Online test passed updated on tracker
Feb 26, 2024: Background verification passed
Mar 02, 2024: Prohibition, Language, Physical Presence passed
Mar 05, 2024: Scheduled for Oath ceremony!!

WOW it's done!! I wasn't on these forums before but what I read online seemed to indicate a 1 year+ waiting time for citizenship so I'm very pleasantly surprised to see it happen this quick!! :) The power of low expectations..

Last edited:

aiqbal96

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-04-2020
Med's Done....
18-02-2020
UPDATE

WOW it's done!! I wasn't on these forums before but what I read online seemed to indicate a 1 year+ waiting time for citizenship so I'm very pleasantly surprised to see it happen this quick!! :)
Congrats!! Hope its quick for the rest of us too. I just hope I don't get my oath around April 5-10 since I will be driving from Ottawa to Edmonton that week.

Reactions: potatolover

dashka

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Mongolia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hongkong
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
UPDATE

WOW it's done!! I wasn't on these forums before but what I read online seemed to indicate a 1 year+ waiting time for citizenship so I'm very pleasantly surprised to see it happen this quick!! :)
congrats ! my hopefully I will get path scheduled with in the next few days. Our timeline is very similar only couple days difference

CNDPRSN

Mar 7, 2024
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your information and positive updates.
I've noticed that some of the January 2024 applications have progressed to Oath status. Is there a phone number we can call to inquire about our application status? It seems that most of the December applications were processed relatively quickly up to test status, but there hasn't been any movement since then. I'm curious about the criteria followed for processing, as it doesn't appear to be based on the order of application arrival.
Thank you for any guidance you can provide on this matter and good luck everyone.

Reactions: Paul48

fièrementcanadien

Jan 31, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
I'm curious about the criteria followed for processing, as it doesn't appear to be based on the order of application arrival.
if you’re expecting someone here to give you an official list of criteria used to prioritize applications, you’ve come to the wrong place. I also have a really great bridge to sell if you’re interested.

Is there a phone number we can call to inquire about our application status?
As long as you’re within the official time frame of their taking a decision, there’s not much your calling them will accomplish either. Asking for GCMS notes sometimes prods an application forward but it’s a crapshoot even then. And whether there’s any useful information that may help you in the event you’re stuck is also debatable.

I've noticed that some of the January 2024 applications have progressed to Oath status
While you’re cherry-picking data, it’s worth pointing out there are people from as far back as Jan 2023 who are still waiting. Look at the threads on this forum.

We’re just in March. It’s too early to be angsty. Just be patient. You don’t put a seed in the ground and pull it up every other minute, do ya?

serkan06

Apr 20, 2020
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: December 18th, 2023
Delivered: December 18th, 2023
AOR:05 Jan
Test invitation: 22 jan
Test taking: 02 feb
Test completed: 05 feb
Ghost update: 01 march
Ghost update: 07 march
The rest is in progress

Reactions: mapple007

CNDPRSN

Mar 7, 2024
While you’re cherry-picking data, it’s worth pointing out there are people from as far back as Jan 2023 who are still waiting. Look at the threads on this forum.

We’re just in March. It’s too early to be angsty. Just be patient. You don’t put a seed in the ground and pull it up every other minute, do ya?
thank you, i like the seed example :).

Reactions: fièrementcanadien

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
whatttt? where did you get that info ?

my AOR is Jan 31st and I'm in the Jan what's app group. no one received Oath yet. BTW so many Jan Applicants included me have-not even received test invitation yet.
they seen 1 or 2 person got oath schedules from the jan 2024 forum and they are convinced ircc skipped december 2023 applicants while the rest of january havent even gotten test invite or test complete updates or even LPP OR BACKGROUND done.. every month has few people who got through in like 3- 4 months and before the previous months applicants.. some are still waiting from 2021, 2022 and early 2023. i am just hoping most of us get through in less than a year, max 6 months maybe honestly. on a positive note ircc updated the from 15 to 14 month to complete citizenship apps xD loool.

Last edited:

Baanayaad

Star Member
Mar 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28/07/14 (AINP), 12/02/16 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
13/07/16
Nomination.....
22/08/15
AOR Received.
21/04/16
Med's Done....
10-01-2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
IRCC are horrible with sequence or maintaining processing order integrity. I delayed applying for my Citizenship by serval months because of a similar issue when applying for my WP where applicants 3 months later were getting approved and ours (November) applications were just 'stuck' or missing in queue somewhere. Do not be surprised is December applications move away slower than January or February (especially with the change in how Background checks were getting completed).

Cannot wait to be done with that agency.
I echo your last sentence completely.

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Am curious about the operational aspects of fingerprint report tracking. I sent my FP on 7 or 8 Feb, RCMP mailed those out on Feb 20. Someone else on the forum also got confirmation that their report was mailed out to IRCC on Feb 20. They got the FP received update in tracker on Mar 03 or something and there's nothing for me. I would assume that IRCC would manage the mail and log what reports have been received together!
Just Frustrated with them as have heard of few horror stories of IRCC losing docs and then I might need to start again

D-Dog

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024

I think this is good advice. The tracking spreadsheets only cover a small data set and every case is different. I've strapped myself in for a long process. Anything less than a year will feel like a big bonus. I guess it's a case of how people set their own expectations. I don't base mine on the fastest cases on the tracker, but rather the medium to longer term.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those of you (including me) that haven't received Oath Invitation. Should we start panicking?

MexicanInNB

Feb 18, 2021
Hi all,

I have been reading your posts daily for the last few months without adding much to the group. However, after seeing that our applications seem to be stuck in the same part of the process, I thought I should share my timeline with you guys to help show that most of December applicants are now only waiting for something to change/move.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1150
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: December 7, 2023
Submitted: December 7, 2023
AOR: December 22, 2023

Test Invite: January 24, 2024
Test Taken: January 29, 2024
Test Completed on Tracker: January 31, 2024
Finger Prints Requested: February 1, 2024
Finger Prints Submitted: February 1, 2024
Finger Prints Received by IRCC: February 19, 2024
Finger Prints Updated on Tracker: February 22, 2024

Background Check: Pending
Language Skills: Pending
Physical Presence: Pending
Prohibitions: Pending

I called IRCC this week and they did not have anything new to share. Thought about sharing this to continue to add to the forum and for more people to feel comfortable sharing, as I am sure there are many others reading and not posting.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: fièrementcanadien