+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Paul48

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Is anyone getting any updates (background and lpp?)
Application sent Dec 5 and didn’t get any updates beside the test completed.

dashka

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Mongolia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hongkong
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
My application is Dec 3 and I got all mine completed except the oat yesterday

dashka

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Mongolia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hongkong
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Sent on December 07 (AOR Dec 28), and only the test has been completed.
That's awesome!
Did everything complete at the same time (yesterday) or you had the background completed before?
Also, what's your office?
Background completed on the 2nd of March
The rest all on the 5th

Reactions: Paul48 and sh_afra

Monark20

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Brampton, ON Canada
Category........
PNP
I am in the same boat. Only test completed on Feb 08. No updates post that.
Meanwhile Jan applicants have already started receiving oath!!

• Wow
Reactions: RP11

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
IRCC are horrible with sequence or maintaining processing order integrity. I delayed applying for my Citizenship by serval months because of a similar issue when applying for my WP where applicants 3 months later were getting approved and ours (November) applications were just 'stuck' or missing in queue somewhere. Do not be surprised is December applications move away slower than January or February (especially with the change in how Background checks were getting completed).

Cannot wait to be done with that agency.

• Sad
Reactions: Monark20

being_patient

Jul 14, 2020
IRCC are horrible with sequence or maintaining processing order integrity. I delayed applying for my Citizenship by serval months because of a similar issue when applying for my WP where applicants 3 months later were getting approved and ours (November) applications were just 'stuck' or missing in queue somewhere. Do not be surprised is December applications move away slower than January or February (especially with the change in how Background checks were getting completed).

Cannot wait to be done with that agency.
Yeah, I saw that too. A possible scenario is that the Jan and Feb files have gone to a different processing centre who obviously weren't that busy. What is the point to "responsibly" applying on time, just to see applications sent later getting processed earlier. Not only is this not fair, what is the point to all the application related metrics that they provide. Instead they should tell us the workload in each office and give us the option to send our application to the one where there is less workload (clearly they are not doing a good job of distributing the workload, might as well let us take the onus).
Is there a way to make them more accountable? Some place where we can notify them about this discrepancy?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Is there a way to make them more accountable? Some place where we can notify them about this discrepancy?
Pretty ironic your name given the circumstance. I don't think there's a way to make them more accountable than representatives bringing it up in stakeholder roundtable discussions with the minister. Unless there's a big policy change I believe this is one of those where it becomes the 'norm' like in most government parastatals worldwide.

Most Applications should be processed in the order they were received with the differences being in how quickly certain requests are honored by applicants (or how much scrutiny an app requires). All the moving offices or caseloads favoring people who applied much later only highlights the broken system in place.