+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Veuillez notez que ce n’est pas forcément le même bureau que celui qui prend en charge la traitement de votre demande. Pour moi, c’est le bureau de Vancouver qui traite ma demande et pourtant c’était le bureau de Manitoba qui m’a envoyé l’avis de convocation.

It isn’t necessarily the same office as the one that is addressing your request. In my case, it‘s the Vancouver office that is handling my request (I know this because they asked me to submit fingerprints and supporting documents that I omitted to). However, I got the test email from MBSK, like you.
Comment savez vous quel est le bureau qui traite votre demande? Est-ce que vous avez présenté une demande pour les notes SMGC?

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
@mapple007 welcome back. Good to see you after such a long time. Hope life is treating you well. We usually have similar timelines:). I applied on 28 th November, AOR 18TH Dec, test request on 5th Jan, test completed 23 Jan
We meet again, my friend! A new, hopefully shorter and less chaotic, journey towards our approvals this time :)

Here's my timeline so far:
Submitted the application: 18 Dec 2023
Application filed: 8 Jan 2024
GU: 26 Jan 2024
Test invitation on portal: 3 Feb 2024
Test period: 8 Feb 2024 - 9 Mar 2024
Test email received: 6 Feb 2024

Good luck to everyone with the test!

Reactions: Prabh9257 and upon

potatolover

Feb 6, 2024
HI,

I applied in Dec and received the notice to appear for my online test today. The thing is, my country does not allow dual citizenship so I'm still unsure/worried about taking the citizenship. I'm just wondering when is the "point of no return" where I get a citizenship and have to give up my other citizenship? How long will it take to get to that point from after taking the test? It should be safe to take (and hopefully pass) the test right? My guess is the citizenship is finalized only when I go to the ceremony and take the oath..

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
HI,

I applied in Dec and received the notice to appear for my online test today. The thing is, my country does not allow dual citizenship so I'm still unsure/worried about taking the citizenship. I'm just wondering when is the "point of no return" where I get a citizenship and have to give up my other citizenship? How long will it take to get to that point from after taking the test? It should be safe to take (and hopefully pass) the test right? My guess is the citizenship is finalized only when I go to the ceremony and take the oath..
As soon as you take the Oath and return them the signed document, you are done/become Citizen.
Don't your country allow to reapply for that country's citizen and redundant Canadian Citizenship if required in future. Which country it is if I may ask?

potatolover

Feb 6, 2024
As soon as you take the Oath and return them the signed document, you are done/become Citizen.
Don't your country allow to reapply for that country's citizen and redundant Canadian Citizenship if required in future. Which country it is if I may ask?
Thanks! I'm a citizen of India. I actually never checked those rules, that's a good point! I assumed renouncing citizenship would be an irreversible decision.

Last edited:

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Thanks! I'm a citizen of India. I actually never checked those rules, that's a good point! I assumed renouncing citizenship would be an irreversible decision.
You can renounce Citizenship anytime
This is the requirement to regain India Citizenship. You will have to wait for at least 6 years 2-3 months at the minimum.

As per the provisions of section 5(1) (g) of the Citizenship Act, 1955, a person who is registered as an OCI for 5 years and is residing in India for 1 year out of the above 5 years, is eligible to apply for Indian Citizenship.

Reactions: potatolover

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Same here, single applicant December 22nd, Aor same day as yours. Ghost update on the 25th and radio silence since. People who applied December 28th have received Test invites but nothing yet on my end. I'm reminded of how crazy it is understanding ircc.
Depends on your location. I guess not everyone is from the same location right!

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
HI,

By the way can you please share your timelines? It seems pretty fast!

potatolover

Feb 6, 2024
By the way can you please share your timelines? It seems pretty fast!
Timeline is only a few steps so far:

Dec 3, 2023: Submitted application online
Dec 20, 2023: Received acknowledgement letter
Feb 6, 2024: Received email to take online test

I just signed up for the status tracker and all the items say "In Progress" though, so I don't know how far it actually is from completion? I think their website estimated around 2 years though I don't know how long it takes people here.

monster truck

Jan 16, 2024
BG status updated to complete Feb 6, no test invite yet. On the tracker it says two update , but I can only see BG status to completed. What is the 2nd update

Reactions: upon

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Application Submitted: 22nd Dec 2023
Application filed: 9th Jan 2024
GU 1: 25 Jan 2024
Test invitation on portal: 7th Feb 2024 (Agent said it had been sent since the 5th)
Test period: 12 Feb 2024 - 10 Mar 2024
Test email received: waiting...