+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Fingerprint submitted on 8-Feb; Called RCMP today regarding status and was told that they will be mailed out on Feb 20. So its taking around 2 weeks at RCMP and then who knows how much time at IRCC end.
Spouse Citizenship test marked as completed on Tracker today. Awaiting my update on tracker.

Reactions: Visualize

RP11

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Fingerprint submitted on 8-Feb; Called RCMP today regarding status and was told that they will be mailed out on Feb 20. So its taking around 2 weeks at RCMP and then who knows how much time at IRCC end.
Spouse Citizenship test marked as completed on Tracker today. Awaiting my update on tracker.
Can you share what info. you need to provide in order to get the status of the FP request from RCMP.

RP11

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Just the DCN number
I got a receipt from RCMP, it specifies receipt #, station, date etc.. doesn't have anything related to DCN specifically.. Not sure is the Receipt # is same as DCN. Can you pls confirm

Last edited:

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
I got a receipt from RCMP, it specifies receipt #, station, date etc.. doesn't have anything related to DCN specifically.. Not sure is the Receipt # is same as DCN. Can you pls confirm
its the long barcode number at the top of the document. Else, contact your fingerprint agency and ask for your DCN number

RP11

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
its the long barcode number at the top of the document. Else, contact your fingerprint agency and ask for your DCN number
Thanks, Mark !! I gave the fingerprint at RCMP directly, let me call them up and check on the status. I assume they will be able to pull up the record using using DOB & First/Last Name

Reactions: mark56

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1196
Application: Family
Application sent: December 26, 2023
Delivered: December 26, 2023
AOR: January 15, 2024
Tracker Login : January 17, 2024
Test Invite - 7 Feb
Test taken - 13 Feb
Test Completed Marked - 16 Feb

PMDJM

Jan 9, 2024
Tracker got updated to test completed today....

Just did my test 18/20 - happy that's over.

Timeline so far:

Type: Online application
Processing Office: Niagara
Physical Presence Days: 1126
Application: Family of 5
Application sent: December 22nd, 2023
Delivered: December 22nd, 2023
AOR: January 9th, 2024
Test Invite email: February 5th, 2024
Test Taken: February 8th, 2024

RK2017

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Calgary
Job Offer........
Yes
are you a family of 2 or 4 ? are you from calgary ? which office is handling your application.? did you gave fingerprints at RCMP or the RCMP agency?.

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
are you a family of 2 or 4 ? are you from calgary ? which office is handling your application.? did you gave fingerprints at RCMP or the RCMP agency?.
2 Adults in my application. I think its Vancouver office - the Fingerprints were supposed to be sent to IRCC Vancouver office.
Fingerprinting done by an agency. I don't know if giving directly to RCMP is an option in Vancouver

Reactions: RK2017

RK2017

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Calgary
Job Offer........
Yes
2 Adults in my application. I think its Vancouver office - the Fingerprints were supposed to be sent to IRCC Vancouver office.
Fingerprinting done by an agency. I don't know if giving directly to RCMP is an option in Vancouver
fingerprint is always from vancouver for all applicants. check your test invitation email the emailid will tell you which office is processing.

SamR09

Feb 16, 2024
Secondary Office: Sydney
Primary Office: Scarborough
Application Submitted: Dec 04
Application Filed: Dec 21
AOR: Dec 21
Citizen Test Schedule: Jan 12 (For Jan 19 to Feb 17)
Citizen Test Done: Jan 28
Citizen Test updated Jan 29
Finger Print Request:Feb 14
Finger Print Sent: Feb 15
Finger Print Received:
LPP: In Progress
BG: In Progress
Oath: Not Started.

Hey Guys , how long, do you guys think the IRCC will receive Finger prints from RCMP?
And how long after the finger received will the back ground and LPP change?
Thanks

Last edited:

Ali_97

Aug 5, 2023
applicants have the option of submitting finger prints to RCMP detachment / office in Vancouver / Richmond etc. or through accredited finger print agency.

I had to submit finger prints twice as the one sent by RCMP to Vancouver office didn't reach them via post & then to avoid further delays, I gave fingerprints via agency & it was received in IRCC office, finally