+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

vg2013

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Posting timeline for first time. Currently LPP is completed since April 12 and oath not started.

Office Mississauga

Application Submitted: Dec 28, 2023
AOR: Jan 11, 2024
Test request in portal: Feb 7
Test invitation email: Feb 9
Test Taken: Feb 20
Test Completed in Portal: Feb 21
Fingerprints required update in portal: Feb 19
Fingerprints email received: Feb 23
Fingerprints taken: Feb 23
Prohibitions, physical and language completed: Mar 9
Fingerprints received updated tracker: Mar 18
Background completed: Apr 10
Ghost update (LPP): April 12 (on April 12 everything got re-loaded and showed as completed again)
welcome to the club !

Reactions: Benicia David

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
A question for all: Do people receive an email saying that their application has been approved prior to the oath ceremony / after LPP have completed?

dmx

Jan 8, 2024
A question for all: Do people receive an email saying that their application has been approved prior to the oath ceremony / after LPP have completed?
unfortunately no. If you applied online, a good sign to know your application has been approved is citizenship ceremony section changing to "in progress".
For paper-based application, you can check on ECAS.

Reactions: Lyon37

RK2017

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Calgary
Job Offer........
Yes
Question to all : the updates on tracker happens through out the day ? or it just happens in the morning Eastern time and there is no use to login and check through out the day ? check once in the morning and then you are done for the day !

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Question to all : the updates on tracker happens through out the day ? or it just happens in the morning Eastern time and there is no use to login and check through out the day ? check once in the morning and then you are done for the day !
usually once a day around 7am pacific tieme

Reactions: RK2017

Fastfurious

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
I received email for Inperson ceremony on 16th may.. I am required to bring my PR card. And I will take my certificate at end of ceremony. I think thats quicker. is that what I have to do.. thnaks
Did u get email today? Did you also get update on tracker

Monark20

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Brampton, ON Canada
Category........
PNP
And If your processing office is Mississauga, you can skip checking the portal altogether because there will be no update. LOL

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
And If your processing office is Mississauga, you can skip checking the portal altogether because there will be no update. LOL
I second this hahah.. at this point I have removed the tracker from my shortcuts too.. just gonna wait for the email.. Until then I'm gonna try to forget I applied for citizenship :p atleast that way this forum will be spared from my sob story. :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Monark20

DavidRebollo

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
GOT LPP completed today for me and for my wife. Everything completed for me except oath ceremony (not started) and for my wife background verification is still in progress as they asked for her fingerprints one week ago.

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
I received an email today about how I can download my citizenship certificate. There is a code to create my account on IRCC and its written that the certificate will be available 2-5 days after the oath.

Have others received it too?

Still no update on the oath - neither on the tracker, nor by email.

------
LPP cleared - 2 May 2024
Oath Ceremony - not started

Last edited:
Reactions: Monark20 and Twee

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
I received an email today about how I can download my citizenship certificate. There is a code to create my account on IRCC and its written that the certificate will be available 2-5 days after the oath.

Have others received it too?

Still no update on the oath - neither on the tracker, nor by email.

------
LPP cleared - 2 May 2024
Oath Ceremony - not started
that is the good sign of oath being in progress very soon. I have LPP cleared on May 2 too but nothing came just yet. I am always behind those who have the same event lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyon37

aiqbal96

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-04-2020
Med's Done....
18-02-2020
Everything complete on April 17. No oath yet. Anyone else?

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Did u get email today? Did you also get update on tracker
i got email yesterday.. what do you mean by ipdate on tracker?? I am just confused that everyone is talking about code and making new portal.. how to do that.. is that for virtual ceremony.. cause I am invited for in person ceremony

4zans

Dec 19, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
Nomination.....
31-08-2020
My last update was on April 2, when my background was completed. LPP is still in progress. Should I be worried?