Application: Single ;)

IRCC processing office: NIAGARA
---------------------------------------------------------------------
App Filed: Dec 29
AOR: Jan 16
Test Completed: Feb 27
Oath ceremony invitation received: April 29
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Total # of days from submitting application -> receiving oath ceremony invite: 124 days Or 4 months, 2 days.

Alternative time units: 124 days can be converted to one of these units:

• 10,713,600 seconds
  • 178,560 minutes
  • 2976 hours
  • 124 days
  • 17 weeks and 5 days
  • 33.97% of a common year (365 days)
Good luck to everyone - Cheers!

Reactions: RainyCityResident

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Panicking doesn't help but is a normal human reaction which shouldn't be criticized. I am happy you got your oath date (I got mine last week); others haven't.

The whole immigration journey is a testament of patience so if folks (@Application18) are anxious, for the sole purpose of peace of mind, apply for the GCMS notes or bug the hell out of the immigration agents @ 1-888-242-2100 asking them to provide current information about your file. Do what makes YOU feel better until the process is over.
It really doesn't help bugging agents, I literally had someone today say "Because your application is within 14 months, the VO is doing their job". Like seriously, there are people who applied way after us get oaths while we are stuck in a limbo despite of everything being completed. I have even applied for GCMS and it has been over a month, with me left hanging with no clarity or answer whatsover on why the delay. At this point, I am extremely tired just checking my email constantly.

While I am happy for a lot of you getting oaths, I feel like my application has been left behind for no apparent reason. I know many of you are in the same situation as me and as I mentioned earlier, I don't know what is worse, whether being completed everything and wait for weeks/months to simply get an oath date while some who applied later just pass through or someone who has various steps pending. This only increases anxiety and frustration since you are literally on pause for a lot of things during this period.

Apologies for the long rant/post... This forum has been incredibly tolerable to a lot of our frustrations and I thank all of you for this. The only solution is to be patient at this point.. Let's hope we all get an answer soon.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Dec 14, 2023 - Application sent online

(BASED FROM TRACKER)
Jan 3, 2024 - Application filed (AOR)
Jan 17, 2024 - Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Jan 26, 2024 - Scheduled for citizenship test
Jan 29, 2024 - Activity status updated: Citizenship test
(Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.)
Feb 13, 2024 - Fingerprint request
Feb 20, 2024 - Fingerprints done
Mar 10, 2024 - Fingerprint results: Received
Apr 3, 2024 - Activity status updated: Background verification
(Background verification status has been updated to Completed.)
Apr 16, 2024 - Activity status updated: Prohibitions
(Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.)
Apr 16, 2024 - Activity status updated: Physical presence
(Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.)
Apr 16, 2024 - Activity status updated: Language skills
(Language skills status has been updated to Completed.)
Apr 16, 2024 - Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
(Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.)
May 1, 2024 - Scheduled for Citizenship oath
(Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on May 1, 2024.)

done with the ceremony today!

billsnjays416

Apr 12, 2024
Is anyone from Miss office getting any update recently?
seen a few of ppl who got BG completed in late March, and already had L+P completed earlier, get their Prohibitions
Thanks! It's a tough one as your background was completed after the latest note date. I'd assume it's in reference to a level one officer checking off your background and if you ordered new notes you'd probably see it signed off and then set to complete. Again, all assumptions, but it looks like your application has made great progress!
thanks, hoping for some movement before or around May 10.

billsnjays416

Apr 12, 2024
It really doesn't help bugging agents, I literally had someone today say "Because your application is within 14 months, the VO is doing their job". Like seriously, there are people who applied way after us get oaths while we are stuck in a limbo despite of everything being completed. I have even applied for GCMS and it has been over a month, with me left hanging with no clarity or answer whatsover on why the delay. At this point, I am extremely tired just checking my email constantly.

While I am happy for a lot of you getting oaths, I feel like my application has been left behind for no apparent reason. I know many of you are in the same situation as me and as I mentioned earlier, I don't know what is worse, whether being completed everything and wait for weeks/months to simply get an oath date while some who applied later just pass through or someone who has various steps pending. This only increases anxiety and frustration since you are literally on pause for a lot of things during this period.

Apologies for the long rant/post... This forum has been incredibly tolerable to a lot of our frustrations and I thank all of you for this. The only solution is to be patient at this point.. Let's hope we all get an answer soon.
the system is far from ideal, literally no transparency or fairness whatsoever. the pain and suffering people endure during this process is just brutal, and I would not be surprised is people fall into depression in this time. imagine waiting since 2021, 2022, or even before us Dec 2023 applicants and seeing Feb 2024 applicants already get their passport, esp. if you genuinely need one too for employment/travel/etc. can send you into the abyss honestly.

let's just hope we get movement this next two weeks.

Baanayaad

Mar 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28/07/14 (AINP), 12/02/16 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
13/07/16
Nomination.....
22/08/15
AOR Received.
21/04/16
Med's Done....
10-01-2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
28-06-2017

People cope in multiple ways. For me, doing something weekly (calling or bugging the agents,) to find out the status of my application helped me immensely. I don't know how to sit idle. For others, waiting patiently like an obedient lamb works for them.

Incidentally, the processing time is now 8 months. A few more months from now without an answer would cause me to get the MP involved. But that's just me. You do what makes you feel better.

Monark20

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Brampton, ON Canada
Category........
PNP
People cope in multiple ways. For me, doing something weekly (calling or bugging the agents,) to find out the status of my application helped me immensely. I don't know how to sit idle. For others, waiting patiently like an obedient lamb works for them.

Incidentally, the processing time is now 8 months. A few more months from now without an answer would cause me to get the MP involved. But that's just me. You do what makes you feel better.
That is so true. Do what makes you feel better!!!

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
the system is far from ideal, literally no transparency or fairness whatsoever. the pain and suffering people endure during this process is just brutal, and I would not be surprised is people fall into depression in this time. imagine waiting since 2021, 2022, or even before us Dec 2023 applicants and seeing Feb 2024 applicants already get their passport, esp. if you genuinely need one too for employment/travel/etc. can send you into the abyss honestly.

let's just hope we get movement this next two weeks.
Your point has even increased validation now that processing time has significantly reduced. I can't even imagine the state the '21, '22 applicants who are yet to see some movement.

Though the reduced processing time provides some hope, it also makes me question this process at the same time. My immigration journey here spans over a decade and though I see the finish line near now, it's just nerve wrecking to wait right at the final stages. I am really hoping we can see movement in the upcoming weeks.

Prcan21

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
mine is also tomorrow and still waiting for certificate download email
I sent an email this morning and got the answer below:

The email containing instructions on how to download your certificate will be sent to you post-ceremony and only once you have taken the Oath of Citizenship.

So we'll receive after ceremony, I hope.

Reactions: Loh875134

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
I sent an email this morning and got the answer below:

The email containing instructions on how to download your certificate will be sent to you post-ceremony and only once you have taken the Oath of Citizenship.

So we'll receive after ceremony, I hope.
oh ok, lets wait till Friday then and good luck :)