+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 Visitor Visa Applicants

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My parents have a TRV application and I am their representative (I'm a PR). I'm gonna support them financially , so they didn't show proof of funds. I submitted my bank statements for the last 4 months, but I didn't attach my paystubs or any other document that shows I'm working. However, bank statements show that I am getting paid because you can see the deposits there.

Now, I'm not sure if the app is strong enough. Should I add paystubs to their application or leave it as it is? Will it raise doubts in the visa officer's mind if I send them now? And if I send them now, what excuse should I use for not sending them earlier? Their app is one month old.
If your are supporting them the apply for a supervisa if you meet LICO with your NOA and bank statements. They need to show their own funds. Not showing any proof of funds is a red flag that they cannot support themselves. Your funds do not have to be considered. Their profile is measured on their own funds, travel history, their ties to home country and reason to visit.

Egi_H

Dec 25, 2017
If your are supporting them the apply for a supervisa if you meet LICO with your NOA and bank statements. They need to show their own funds. Not showing any proof of funds is a red flag that they cannot support themselves. Your funds do not have to be considered. Their profile is measured on their own funds, travel history, their ties to home country and reason to visit.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I forgot to mention that they are coming for only 1 month. I know about the supervisa, but that is not an option at the moment. I just wanted them to come to Canada to visit places and have fun. My younger sibling lives with them, so they have ties to home. And my father has been to Canada once as a tourist in the past. So, I don't know what I should do now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the prompt reply. I forgot to mention that they are coming for only 1 month. I know about the supervisa, but that is not an option at the moment. I just wanted them to come to Canada to visit places and have fun. My younger sibling lives with them, so they have ties to home. And my father has been to Canada once as a tourist in the past. So, I don't know what I should do now.
Okay. So they have children under 22 so that it is a tie. If your after has been to Canada within the last 10 years then that is a good thing. If he abided by immigration laws then that is important. Funds are one pice and not showing any of their bank statements/funds for a one month visit may be an issue. 1 month is a long time, and they need to show funds for airfare, insurance, incidentals, spending etc. You can invite them.

Egi_H

Dec 25, 2017
Okay. So they have children under 22 so that it is a tie. If your after has been to Canada within the last 10 years then that is a good thing. If he abided by immigration laws then that is important. Funds are one pice and not showing any of their bank statements/funds for a one month visit may be an issue. 1 month is a long time, and they need to show funds for airfare, insurance, incidentals, spending etc. You can invite them.
Ok, so is it a good idea then to send a webform now with my paystubs? Will it raise doubts with the visa officer? I already included the invitation letter in the application sent in December.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok, so is it a good idea then to send a webform now with my paystubs? Will it raise doubts with the visa officer? I already included the invitation letter in the application sent in December.
What do your paystubs do if all they have provided is your bank statements? Submit their bank statements, investments, pensions, paystubs.

Egi_H

Dec 25, 2017
What do your paystubs do if all they have provided is your bank statements? Submit their bank statements, investments, pensions, paystubs.
My father has submitted his employment letter that contains salary too, but my mother is not working.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My father has submitted his employment letter that contains salary too, but my mother is not working.
As long as your parents submitted their bank statements showing they can pay for their visit then that it is what is most important. All you can do is wait for a response. Good luck.

Egi_H

Dec 25, 2017
As long as your parents submitted their bank statements showing they can pay for their visit then that it is what is most important. All you can do is wait for a response. Good luck.
Thanks. I think you misunderstood soemthing: They didn't submit their bank statements, I submitted mine. They selected 0 funds when filling out the form and this message prompted:

If you are not paying for your own trip:
  • Provide a letter signed by the person paying and a photocopy of their passport, or other official identification with photo and a bank certificate proving that they have sufficient funds.
  • Describe how this person is related to you.
  • These documents must be dated within three months of the date on which the application is submitted.

KKE

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Thanks. I think you misunderstood soemthing: They didn't submit their bank statements, I submitted mine. They selected 0 funds when filling out the form and this message prompted:

If you are not paying for your own trip:
  • Provide a letter signed by the person paying and a photocopy of their passport, or other official identification with photo and a bank certificate proving that they have sufficient funds.
  • Describe how this person is related to you.
  • These documents must be dated within three months of the date on which the application is submitted.
I think some of this depends on your risk appetite. Overall it is advised for the applicant to provide their own proof of funds

However, I applied for my mother as her sponsor using only my bank statements/pay stubs as proof of funds, I also included a letter stating I was sponsoring the trip. Her visa was approved.

Egi_H

Dec 25, 2017
I think some of this depends on your risk appetite. Overall it is advised for the applicant to provide their own proof of funds

However, I applied for my mother as her sponsor using only my bank statements/pay stubs as proof of funds, I also included a letter stating I was sponsoring the trip. Her visa was approved.
Yeah, I understand. I did the same, provided my bank statements, wrote a letter of invitation where I stated that I would take care of all expenses, inlcuding the trip and accommodation. My question in my original post was, if I should send a webform to attach my paystubs too? I didn't attach them in the first place when submitting the app. What's your opinion?

Deepakdeep85

Jun 12, 2022
Guys, I cant see the submitted application anymore on the portal. It was visible until yesterday. Anyone else facing the same issue ?

KKE

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Yeah, I understand. I did the same, provided my bank statements, wrote a letter of invitation where I stated that I would take care of all expenses, inlcuding the trip and accommodation. My question in my original post was, if I should send a webform to attach my paystubs too? I didn't attach them in the first place when submitting the app. What's your opinion?
Honestly, I don’t think it would hurt to send a webform to include it.

Reactions: Egi_H

Egi_H

Dec 25, 2017
Honestly, I don’t think it would hurt to send a webform to include it.
But how will it look to the visa officer if I send it now, after one month of submitting the application? Could it raise any flags or doubts to him/her?

ramgarhia

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2014
Nomination.....
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2015 (3rd line 12-05-2015) (DM 26-05-2015)
Passport Req..
Soon 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon 2015
LANDED..........
Definitely 2015
Why i dont see application applied in Nov 2022 in the new portal?