+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 Visitor Visa Applicants

zzzningyi

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Hi!
I am not sure if anyone has ever experienced this kind of situation, but any kind of advice would be appreciated! I helped my parents apply for temporary visitor visas last December. This morning I received three letters only on my dad's account: validity of your biometric information letter (basically saying his finger print is good for 10 years), original passport request letter (I was so excited about getting this letter), however, then an information letter stating that they sent the original passport request letter by mistake and the application is still in progress. There is no update on my mom's account. I am very worried about what these three letters mean, especially when they sent out the OPR but then said it's sent by mistake. :( Anyone has ever encountered this kind of situation?

KREYLER

Star Member
Jan 8, 2023
Hi!
I am not sure if anyone has ever experienced this kind of situation, but any kind of advice would be appreciated! I helped my parents apply for temporary visitor visas last December. This morning I received three letters only on my dad's account: validity of your biometric information letter (basically saying his finger print is good for 10 years), original passport request letter (I was so excited about getting this letter), however, then an information letter stating that they sent the original passport request letter by mistake and the application is still in progress. There is no update on my mom's account. I am very worried about what these three letters mean, especially when they sent out the OPR but then said it's sent by mistake. :( Anyone has ever encountered this kind of situation?
I dont know if this can help you but ircc has introduced a status tracker on trv's ,hope you could track your dads and moms application ,another option order GCMS or raise a webform

Reactions: zzzningyi

zzzningyi

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
I dont know if this can help you but ircc has introduced a status tracker on trv's ,hope you could track your dads and moms application ,another option order GCMS or raise a webform
Thank you! And yes I have been keeping eyes online. It's just very strange and made me concerned when I saw the three letters. A bit unusual for them to make this kind of "mistake"......

KREYLER

Star Member
Jan 8, 2023
Thank you! And yes I have been keeping eyes online. It's just very strange and made me concerned when I saw the three letters. A bit unusual for them to make this kind of "mistake"......
My review of eligibility started like 2 weeks ago and no ppr, draining my energy

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
This is nothing. honestly. Our whole family has been waiting to have a get together with our parents. We applied back in April 2022 for a simple visitors visa! Its going to be one year very soon, its under secondary clearance, even though both parents have had US and Canadian visas, extensive travel history and always returning back to home country after visits within the visa limits. Its so strange and upsetting. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Last edited:

Vee4444

Feb 23, 2023
The process has left everyone frustrated. We have no other option than to wait. Has your review of eligibility started?