+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

somniferum

Nov 26, 2022
Out of curiosity, have you happen to notice the state of your background check in GCKey? Was it ever in "Not applicable" state?
And you are saying about Eligibility started in GCKey - are you sure it's not the new PR tracker you are referring to? It is mostly reported that GCKey eligibility indicates as started right after AOR.
yes sorry, you are correct. I was totally mistaken when I said GCKey I meant PR Tracker. Will edit that

Reactions: ERCAN

somniferum

Nov 26, 2022
Good, thank you. Have you happen to notice if background check in GCKey was ever in "Not applicable" state?
I did not notice that state for background check on GCKey. Currently GCKey says background check not yet started and it’s always said that when I’ve logged in

Reactions: ERCAN

marakh

Mar 13, 2023
I haven't had a ghost update since April 19 where the Eligibility went from Not started to in progress. April 19 is around the time we received the CSQ from the Quebec government.
At what point is the best time to reach out for updates ?

Kaneez

May 5, 2023
Hello,

received update on my spousal outside PR

I called IRCC 2 weeks back. There was a nice lady. Who emailed syndey visa office about my case with payment reference number
After 2 days we got Biometric, Medicals requests. Followed by SA and AOR. Really stressed out about the application finally something is moving forward. Thanks everyone for guiding me with this

fingers crossed hope rest of application process goes well with out heck-ups
Did you apply online or paper ?

mariikaa

Jun 10, 2023
Our visa office is Singapore.
This is ours (Province of Quebec so we had extra step of requiring CSQ):
Applied on Dec 6th 2022
AOR 1 received Feb 4th 2023
Biometrics Request: Feb 10th 2023
Sponsor approval: Feb 13th 2023
CSQ request: Feb 13th 2023
CSQ received: March 30th 2023
AOR 2: April 13th (file transferred to Singapore VO)
Background check in progress: April 19th 2023
Eligibility in progress: June 6th 2023
No medical request yet.

Does anyone know if the Singapore VO is really slow?

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Our file got transferred to Singapore Office (June 7th).

Principal Applicant Country - Bangladesh
Sponsor Status - Canadian PR
Application Filed: December 10, 2022, Online
AOR - February 9th, 2023
Additional Document request (employment letter + additional paystubs): April 5th, 2023
Additional Documents submitted: April 21st, 2023
New Additional Documents asked: May 29th, 2023
Biometrics - Completed
Sponsor Approval - Completed
Medical - Completed
Background Check - In Progress

Question: After the file transfer takes place, what steps are usually there? And once everything is finalized, do they provide COPR or PPR? It would be great if anyone can share the steps post file transfer, thank you in advance!

somniferum

Nov 26, 2022
June 10 update- Eligibility and background all now marked as Complete on tracker. June 13- COPR displayed on tracker. Also GCKey has an update at the top saying
Latest update:
Final decision - June 10, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ebuka91 and comarxx