Background Check: Started April 19 2023
Medical: Not started
Eligibility: Not started
Just letting you know the background started is a global glitch

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi
Does anyone know if my spouse can travel here on a visitor visa while his PR is under processing? Would it affect the application proccesing?

Note: He already has a valid visitor visa.
He can travel. You need to update his address if he plans to stay in Canada during the process.
If he gets approval while he is in Canada, then he will go through the virtual landing/portal/eCOPR instead of passport request from home country.

Reactions: NMSML

Exclusive9444

Apr 20, 2023
He can travel. You need to update his address if he plans to stay in Canada during the process.
If he gets approval while he is in Canada, then he will go through the virtual landing/portal/eCOPR instead of passport request from home country.
If I manage to get a visit visa for my wife, she is able to stay with me while her application is being processed? We just applied a month ago so no AOR yet, but I didn't know that staying on a visit visa was a possibility so maybe when we get our AOR I'll try and get her a visit visa to stay with me until it is approved.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If I manage to get a visit visa for my wife, she is able to stay with me while her application is being processed? We just applied a month ago so no AOR yet, but I didn't know that staying on a visit visa was a possibility so maybe when we get our AOR I'll try and get her a visit visa to stay with me until it is approved.
Yes. it's possible. But she will not be able to work until she gets her PR approved and COPR.
She will need to renew her visitor status before her current one expires (usually 6 months).
The chance of getting visitor visa would be 50/50 as some said here. I do not have experience with that.
Note that most provinces will not cover spouses before they get PR status. So get health insurnace from private company to cover emergency medical.

Exclusive9444

Apr 20, 2023
Yes. it's possible. But she will not be able to work until she gets her PR approved and COPR.
She will need to renew her visitor status before her current one expires (usually 6 months).
The chance of getting visitor visa would be 50/50 as some said here. I do not have experience with that.
Note that most provinces will not cover spouses before they get PR status. So get health insurnace from private company to cover emergency medical.
Thanks, she does not have current visitor status now, so I guess once we get our AOR we will try and apply for the visit visa. Don't mind buying insurance or her not being able to work, just want to start building our life together.

Poetryinvain

Aug 11, 2019
Additional Documents submitted: Feb 23 2023
Additional Documents acknowledged: Feb 24 2023

Also, was able to link PR application to GcKey Feb 24th 2023 - > Says Submitted as a status
Principal Applicant Country - England
Sponsor Status - Canadian Citizen
Application Filed: December 21, 2022 Online
AOR - February 7th 2023
Additional Document request (employment letter + additional paystubs): February 23rd 2023
Additional Documents submitted: Feb 23 2023
Additional Documents acknowledged: Feb 24 2023
Able to link PR application to GcKey Feb 24th 2023
Biometrics Instruction Letter - March 28th 2023
Sponsor Approval - March 29th 2023
Biometrics Appointment - April 18th 2023
Biometrics Complete online - April 19th 2023
Background Verification In Progress - April 21st 2023

Curious_observer

Nov 2, 2021
Hello everyone,

Need some help

I applied my outland spousal PR application on December 8th, still I didn’t receive the AOR and SA email, Is there anyone who is in my situation. It’s completely blacked out and i have no idea what to do now. With out a AOR

my information is as follows

applied : Dec 8th
AOR : Not received
SA : Not Received
I am a PR
PA is in india
some one, please guide me

Karan071091

Star Member
Dec 7, 2022
Hello everyone,

Need some help

I applied my outland spousal PR application on December 8th, still I didn’t receive the AOR and SA email, Is there anyone who is in my situation. It’s completely blacked out and i have no idea what to do now. With out a AOR

I am a PR
PA is in india
Don’t worry I received aor after 5 months

Reactions: Curious_observer

Kaneez

May 5, 2023
Hello everyone,

Need some help

I am a PR
PA is in india
Same here I applied on December 6th have not got AOR yet

Kaneez

May 5, 2023
Hello everyone,

Need some help

I am a PR
PA is in india
If you get any update please let me know

ZenMaster

Jan 17, 2023
Hello everyone,

Need some help

I am a PR
PA is in india
This is really disheartening to know that you haven't received any response. However, you must remember that not all applications follow the same timeline as others.

The IRCC on their website has made it clear that only about 80% of the applications will follow the normal course while there may be a deviation in the timeline from weeks to months on the other 20% which will be on a case-to-case basis.

There is no way to find out whose application will follow the set pattern and who will come under in the other 20% applications.

In my view if your application doesn't receive any answer after the six months of normal processing time that you see in this forum, you should expect that there is something in the application which requires some thorough evaluation.

Best thing to do is to Call or send a Webform to IRCC to know better situation of your application. I understand that you have no AOR, but they could crosscheck the application with the payment receipt no. also, in some cases. Try your luck that you get a nice agent during your call who could help you in your case.

Also, don't forget to keep on Praying as well.....:)

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Spousal Outland
Submitted online: December 12 ,2022
AOR from CIO: Jan 2023
SA: Feb 2023
Bio: Feb 2023
AOR from Visa Office: April 14 2023
Medical request from Visa Office: May 16 2023
Eligibility: not started

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Hello everyone,

Need some help

I am a PR
PA is in india
Did you receive any auto message from the system confirming your online application? It is usually sent within minutes of submission. This is to ensure your email address was recorded accurately.

Another reason could perhaps be that your file was unluckily assigned to a clerk who for some reasons did not initiate the checks and it is lost somewhere on their computer system. Have heard of a rare case where file was assigned to a dead officer.

You should screenshot your online submission and ask MP to help trace it. Good luck!