+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Curious_observer

Nov 2, 2021
Hello,

received update on my spousal outside PR

I called IRCC 2 weeks back. There was a nice lady. Who emailed syndey visa office about my case with payment reference number
After 2 days we got Biometric, Medicals requests. Followed by SA and AOR. Really stressed out about the application finally something is moving forward. Thanks everyone for guiding me with this

fingers crossed hope rest of application process goes well with out heck-ups

Ebuka91

Star Member
Nov 30, 2022
Canada/UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022
AOR Received.
23-02-2023
Finally got the medical request today! Yesterday when checking Gckey, it stated medical in progress, although I was confused as we hadn’t gotten the request. It was there today

Ebuka91

Star Member
Nov 30, 2022
Canada/UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022
AOR Received.
23-02-2023
Here’s our timeline:
Pa: Nigerian citizen residing in dubai
Application sent October, sent back and resubmitted Dec 23rd
AOR: feb 23rd
Biometrics:March 22
SA:March 23
Biometrics completed:March 27
Medical request: may 24

Reactions: Temidayo_

Poetryinvain

Aug 11, 2019
Principal Applicant Country - England
Sponsor Status - Canadian Citizen
Application Filed: December 21, 2022 Online
AOR - February 7th 2023
Additional Document request (employment letter + additional paystubs): February 23rd 2023
Additional Documents submitted: Feb 23 2023
Additional Documents acknowledged: Feb 24 2023
Able to link PR application to GcKey Feb 24th 2023
Biometrics Instruction Letter - March 28th 2023
Sponsor Approval - March 29th 2023
Biometrics Appointment - April 18th 2023
Biometrics Complete online - April 19th 2023
Background Verification In Progress - April 21st 2023
Medical Exam Requested - May 24th 2023
Background Check changed to NA - May 26th 2023

Reactions: Charbk

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Seeking some guidelines!

Principal Applicant Country - Bangladesh
Sponsor Status - Canadian PR
Application Filed: December 10, 2022, Online
AOR - February 9th, 2023
Additional Document request (employment letter + additional paystubs): April 5th, 2023
Additional Documents submitted: April 21st, 2023
New Additional Documents asked: May 29th, 2023
Biometrics - Valid from previous study permit application until 2031
Sponsor Approval - N/A (can't tell as I applied through a Lawyer)

I applied through a Canadian Lawyer from Toronto, so I don't have detailed info on the application. However, IRCC asked for my Cell phone usage info from January 2022 until May 2023. Along with utility bills, credit card bills, and rental monthly bill payments since January 2022. I provided them with the pay stubs, employment letters, and T4s.

So is it a good sign or a bad one? My wife previously applied for a study permit because we didn't want her to have a break from her studies and rather wanted her to continue her education in Canada, she was accepted in a few universities in Ontario, but her visa was rejected saying since she has a permanent connection in Canada (referring to me, her husband as I am a PR), she should apply for a spousal sponsorship, so we applied for the spousal sponsorship.

Her previous medical and biometric, during her study permit application, is valid until 2031, so will they ask for new ones, or might use the valid ones?

Also, it's been close to 6 months now, so based on their requested documents and timelines, is there any chance my wife will get her approval before November 2023? Any advice, or suggestions would be great and very helpful. Thank you!

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Seeking some guidelines!

Principal Applicant Country - Bangladesh
Sponsor Status - Canadian PR
Application Filed: December 10, 2022, Online
AOR - February 9th, 2023
Additional Document request (employment letter + additional paystubs): April 5th, 2023
Additional Documents submitted: April 21st, 2023
New Additional Documents asked: May 29th, 2023
Biometrics - Valid from previous study permit application until 2031
Sponsor Approval - N/A (can't tell as I applied through a Lawyer)

I applied through a Canadian Lawyer from Toronto, so I don't have detailed info on the application. However, IRCC asked for my Cell phone usage info from January 2022 until May 2023. Along with utility bills, credit card bills, and rental monthly bill payments since January 2022. I provided them with the pay stubs, employment letters, and T4s.

So is it a good sign or a bad one? My wife previously applied for a study permit because we didn't want her to have a break from her studies and rather wanted her to continue her education in Canada, she was accepted in a few universities in Ontario, but her visa was rejected saying since she has a permanent connection in Canada (referring to me, her husband as I am a PR), she should apply for a spousal sponsorship, so we applied for the spousal sponsorship.

Her previous medical and biometric, during her study permit application, is valid until 2031, so will they ask for new ones, or might use the valid ones?

Also, it's been close to 6 months now, so based on their requested documents and timelines, is there any chance my wife will get her approval before November 2023? Any advice, or suggestions would be great and very helpful. Thank you!
Try and Apply for a TRV. Since May 26 the minister of ircc made a statement that now people who have pr sponsorship in process have a higher rate of being approved now. He said as high as 92% and also once they come on trv they can apply for OWP. Please google ircc Sean Fraser TRV or listen to this

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Try and Apply for a TRV. Since May 26 the minister of ircc made a statement that now people who have pr sponsorship in process have a higher rate of being approved now. He said as high as 92% and also once they come on trv they can apply for OWP. Please google ircc Sean Fraser TRV or listen to this
Thank you for the response. I am not sure about the TRV as my wife's previous study permit and TRV was rejected giving us the reason that since I am a PR my wife needs to come through the spousal sponsorship, not sure if reapplying would change anything.

somniferum

Nov 26, 2022
Online Outland - Manila VO
Application Filed: December 13, 2022
AOR - February 9, 2023
SA - February 17, 2023
Medical Request - February 23, 2023
Medical Passed - March 16, 2023
Eligibility started - May 25, 2023
Eligibility complete - May 30, 2023
Pre-arrival invitation - May 30, 2023

background on PR Tracker has been in progress since about April 18. Happy with the progress, was not expecting updates after medical for many months

Last edited:
Reactions: ERCAN

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Online Outland - Manila VO
Application Filed: December 13, 2022
AOR - February 9, 2023
SA - February 17, 2023
Medical Request - February 23, 2023
Medical Passed - March 16, 2023
Eligibility started GCKey - May 25, 2023
Eligibility complete GCkey - May 30, 2023
Pre-arrival invitation - May 30, 2023

background on GCKey has been in progress since about April 18. Happy with the progress, was not expecting updates after medical for many months
Out of curiosity, have you happen to notice the state of your background check in GCKey? Was it ever in "Not applicable" state?
And you are saying about Eligibility started in GCKey - are you sure it's not the new PR tracker you are referring to? It is mostly reported that GCKey eligibility indicates as started right after AOR.

Last edited:

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Thank you for the response. I am not sure about the TRV as my wife's previous study permit and TRV was rejected giving us the reason that since I am a PR my wife needs to come through the spousal sponsorship, not sure if reapplying would change anything.
Now things have changed and their goal is to get the other spouse here on TRV while the PR application is going on. And they can even apply for OWP too which is a plus. What do you have to lose? Apply and see, you should get a reply within 30 days for trv as per the new standards if you have a pr application pending