+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello All,
Generally how much time it take to get the oath invite after LPP is marked completed. I heard from a friend that his LPP was marked completed in June but hasnt received oath invite yet.
Thank you
From few weeks to months. Its totally dependant on your processing office.

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
I have been trying to call IRCC but keep getting that no agents are available. How do you get through to them? Is there another number or something I’m missing?

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
It's not normal. Looks like they did not receive ur FP. Call and verify.
So I spoke to them today and they confirmed FP was received and Criminality passed. Security in progress. I moved provinces few months back and they had not updated the address. I did that today so do you think this will possibly add more time to the processing?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So I spoke to them today and they confirmed FP was received and Criminality passed. Security in progress. I moved provinces few months back and they had not updated the address. I did that today so do you think this will possibly add more time to the processing?
Address change leads to change in the processing office too. Your file may get transferred to the new location you moved to. That could cause some delay. But Security in progress means its still delayed.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
No update. Still waiting on AOR. As suggested in this thread, plan to submit a webform once I get AOR.
Hello,
What is the update on your citizenship application? Do you think not including your visitors visas impacted the processing time for you? I'm in the same boat. But I sent them a letter of explanation listing all countries and including the dates.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Hi I realized I made the same mistake, however I am still waiting for AOR. Do you have an update regarding yours? I didn't add my Visitors' Visas for US and UK in that section. I added just my birth country
What is the update on your citizenship application? Do you think not including your visitors visas impacted the processing time for you? I'm in the same boat. But I sent them a letter of explanation listing all countries and including the dates.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Hi,
I recall only disclosing residency permits in this section, not visit visas. My whole passport copy is attached with visas and history of travel is there, is this okay ? My representative didn’t advise me otherwise either

I am also going to get my UK residence permit through spousal sponsorship soon, will I need to update IRCC when I get this?

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Just keep trying, try early in the day around 8am
I believe there is no point of calling them. I called them and they said all good and processing time is 17 months and my application just marked 1 year so nothing to worry about it since i still have 7 months.

Redbritman

Feb 19, 2023
I believe there is no point of calling them. I called them and they said all good and processing time is 17 months and my application just marked 1 year so nothing to worry about it since i still have 7 months.
I love it. I got the same thing, oh you’re still way short of the 17 months please be patient. I asked what about the recent applicants who get theirs in less than 2 months from start to finish and he didn’t know what to say. Then he says “every case is different” I glanced at another forum and there’s thousands of people getting it in literally 6 weeks from when they applied but I guess they’re just all super special cases and ours require so much more work ;-) The disparity is incredible. Wait 2 months or 2 years! Apparently there’s a twitter hashtag trying to get the IRCC minister to implement a fair queue system. I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one….

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
So today I had somebody from IRCC check my LinkedIn. I had called them last week for update since I’m stuck in background check. AOR Jan 2023 and test completed May 2023.

Is this a good sign somebody looking at my profile? Does it mean it’s maybe moving ahead?

pvasishta

Jun 4, 2019
Any paper applicants recently received oath invite? How much time it took to receive oath invite after LPP was updated to Completed.

nsrk

Star Member
May 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Med's Done....
14-08-2017
Any paper applicants recently received oath invite? How much time it took to receive oath invite after LPP was updated to Completed.
After LPP is completed, the time to get Oath invite depends on which office is handling your application. It can take anywhere from 2 days to 2 or 3 weeks.