+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Toluokojie

May 4, 2016
This wait for citizenship is an itch unlike any other. I know it's only been five months since I applied but I've already played out every possible nightmare scenario in my head haha! I've googled and searched this forum for any potential fugg ups I could have made with my application...even managed to overthink whether I should have sent my picture in the original (digital) format instead of printing and scanning.

Did I report my travel dates to the US accurately (too late to order CBSA notes now, dummy!), should I have preemptively included all the pages of my two passport books (I know they're not required), should I have included my old (expired) IELTS results and not relied on my US/UK degrees, did I really need to list all the countries in Schengen Europe that I visited (will they check with every one of them?), should I worry about the periods where I held no job or quit...and the list goes on. Hahaha!

I've even worried that checking the status of my application constantly makes me look sus! But I hear that's not just me hahahaha!

Thanks for making the ride more bearable, all!
Welcome to my world, Dec 1 applicant and Feb 7 BG complete. I am sure u are in niagara office...dead office lol

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
My husband and I are scheduled for the same meeting (same time, Zoom ID, and the ceremony office). The only thing is, they gave us different seat numbers.

Just wanted to check if we need to connect with two separate devices or if it's cool for both of us to be on the same device.
Same device is fine
Each family member is always assigned a diff number
Just put for eg 122,123 as name on zoom when you login

Last edited:

Redbritman

Feb 19, 2023
I’m at a bit of a loss. I know everyone is in the same boat and a lot of people are waiting longer so before anyone jumps on me - I get it. But after applying on December 22nd, receiving my AOR Jan 3rd. FP request and test early Feb which were both completed end of Feb in the tracker. I’d convinced myself I was going to be one of the lucky ones because it was moving so fast. Since that it’s been silence and no update since the end of Feb. 3 months and no LPP. I’m seeing people’s cases flying along and I’m just so surprised by how random it all seems. I’m seeing people who applied in Feb and March getting oath dates already. There’s just absolutely no rhyme or reason to it and it’s so depressing checking the portal daily to see nothing.

Reactions: derkdsou and Monsta

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
I’m at a bit of a loss. I know everyone is in the same boat and a lot of people are waiting longer so before anyone jumps on me - I get it. But after applying on December 22nd, receiving my AOR Jan 3rd. FP request and test early Feb which were both completed end of Feb in the tracker. I’d convinced myself I was going to be one of the lucky ones because it was moving so fast. Since that it’s been silence and no update since the end of Feb. 3 months and no LPP. I’m seeing people’s cases flying along and I’m just so surprised by how random it all seems. I’m seeing people who applied in Feb and March getting oath dates already. There’s just absolutely no rhyme or reason to it and it’s so depressing checking the portal daily to see nothing.
That's frustrating! There is no algorithm on how IRCC works, it is somewhat random and based on pure luck. Hang in there your time will come

Reactions: derkdsou and Monsta

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
I agree. It is frustrating to say the least. Happy to see people getting ahead but it is a bittersweet feeling that we are still behind. I am yet to receive a test invite.

Reactions: Monsta

elagoli

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
Same device is fine
Each family member is always assigned a diff number
Just put for eg 122,123 as name on zoom when you login
Thanks for your reply. My seat number is 081. Should I enter the 0 as well? Sorry if my question seems trivial.

SaW123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Since COVID hasn’t been a thing for sooooo long I wonder if someone will be invited to an in-person ceremony or maybe they have gotten too comfortable with doing it online as it saves them time and resources lol

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Since COVID hasn’t been a thing for sooooo long I wonder if someone will be invited to an in-person ceremony or maybe they have gotten too comfortable with doing it online as it saves them time and resources lol
I am ok with online, it definitely saves a lot of time!!

Reactions: Ctv92

SaW123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
I like how they are coming up with self-oaths, e-citizenship certificates and online option to apply for passports. It doesn’t apply to me but going to be very convenient for people who get their decision/apply in the future

Ranash

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Which office? We have same pattern with SCR office, start fast until test completed then nothing