+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I agree with manmoi31. I used to be in a outland spousal sponsorship forum and it was full of angst but understandably since people were waiting to be reunited with their partner.

This forum has a lot of angst too which is odd cause all people have to do is wait it out and go with the flow. I understand that some people desperately need a Canadian passport cause of certain job offers or people like me who wants it asap because they travel a lot and wants a visa-free travel.

Goodluck to people who are still waiting but what is your urgency. Assuming all of you have a PR yall have the same rights as a citizen minus ability to vote and apply for gov. jobs. Please don’t come for me I’m just trying to spread positivity LOL
I agree as well. In my lifetime, I have gone through a number of immigration processes (with various countries), and the most stressful by far was when I was waiting for my immigrant visa to be processed so I could join my husband living in the States. In the end it only took 11 months (fast for COVID standards) but it was still a painful wait. I think those who were separated from our spouses while undergoing immigration processing faced a different kind of hell, which gave us a perspective to see that the wait for citizenship is a lot more bearable.

Yes, I wish it were faster. I wish everyone got processed in 6 months. But if you don't, count your blessings. You still are able to live and work in Canada and be with your spouse and kids. You are still better off that those 2020 and 2021 applicants who are still waiting to get their citizenship. And again, if you are facing genuine hardship due to not having Canadian citizenship (something not solvable in any other way), there is the urgent processing path one can avail of.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
My Paper application was received on Dec 29th 2022, and I completed my Test on May 17th 2023, just wondering what next and how much this gona take ?

Last edited:

Toluokojie

May 4, 2016
If you need Canadian citizenship for job related purposes, you can claim you fear losing your Canadian job due to not having it and qualify for urgent processing. I have helped several candidates successfully apply for UP this way.

For people with genuine reasons for urgent processing of Canadian citizenship, IRCC provides a pathway for expedite.
can you help me please?

manjocan

Feb 22, 2023
Application is moving fast. A new update on mine:

Physical Presence Days: 1150
Application Sent: 10 Dec 2022
Application Received: 15 Dec 2023
AOR : 1 Feb 2023
In Progress: 18 Feb 2023
Ghost Update: 1 Apr 2023
Background Verification Complete: 3 Apr 2023
Citizenship Test In Progress: 20 Apr 2023
Scheduled for Citizenship Test: 27 Apr 2023
Test Interview Date: 8 May 2023
Test Complete :10 May 2023
LPP Complete: 16 May 2023

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Great news! What location did you apply from and do you know what office is processing your application?
Application is moving fast. A new update on mine:

Physical Presence Days: 1150
Application Sent: 10 Dec 2022
Application Received: 15 Dec 2023
AOR : 1 Feb 2023
In Progress: 18 Feb 2023
Ghost Update: 1 Apr 2023
Background Verification Complete: 3 Apr 2023
Citizenship Test In Progress: 20 Apr 2023
Scheduled for Citizenship Test: 27 Apr 2023
Test Interview Date: 8 May 2023
Test Complete :10 May 2023
LPP Complete: 16 May 2023

Monsta

Feb 19, 2023
If you need Canadian citizenship for job related purposes, you can claim you fear losing your Canadian job due to not having it and qualify for urgent processing. I have helped several candidates successfully apply for UP this way.

For people with genuine reasons for urgent processing of Canadian citizenship, IRCC provides a pathway for expedite.
I didn’t know such process existed thanks I will look it up. Every single day has been hell for me because I have to pay back lots of stuff and if I lose this job because of lengthy citizenship application I will be destroyed

manjocan

Feb 22, 2023
Great news! What location did you apply from and do you know what office is processing your application?
I am based out of Saskatoon. Paper application 1 adult + 2 minors
Have not left the country since I arrived in Canada and became Permanent Resident 4 years ago. So I assume my background check and other creds would have been easy to pass.

Don't know where is the processing office.
The test invite was from: DN MBSK CIT Scheduling / Planification CIT MBSK RN (IRCC) <IRCC.DNPNTCITScheduling-PlanificationCITPTNRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

Reactions: derkdsou

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
is it possible to see detailed status of PAPER application ? I can just see in progress ...on Online services.

Reactions: Monsta

elizale

Nov 28, 2014
Hi all, I remember there’s a website name GM something that we can request to see the status of our application.
Can someone let me know the name of the website?
Thank you.

Ashi1990

Jan 13, 2023
Any update on Ottawa applications? i am stuck at Background check and nothing further whereas people after me are taking oaths :(