Group #: 1-QWBFMBS

Created Date: 2023/06/22
Updated Date: 2023/06/22
Restricted: N
Label: General
Text: Assigned to CM28550
Office: Scarborough Citizenship Operations
Any experts here..
what does Group 1-QWBFMBS mean? Is this something we get from the GCMS notes?

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hey everyone,

I got called in for in-person oath ceremony on August 24th at Toronto Metro Convention centre, will anybody from this forum be attending? Would love to meet! Unfortunately I’ll be attending it alone as my family lives outside Canada

Also, will we surely be handed our citizenship certificate at the ceremony itself?

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Hey everyone,

I got called in for in-person oath ceremony on August 24th at Toronto Metro Convention centre, will anybody from this forum be attending? Would love to meet! Unfortunately I’ll be attending it alone as my family lives outside Canada

Also, will we surely be handed our citizenship certificate at the ceremony itself?
yes you will receive the certificate at the ceremony!

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Hey everyone,

How exciting for you!!! Congratulations!!
question for you though, the number they called you from was it an 1-800 number or private number. Just wondering because I tend not to answer those because of all the scams these days.

Reactions: Xxsaraxx

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
How exciting for you!!! Congratulations!!
question for you though, the number they called you from was it an 1-800 number or private number. Just wondering because I tend not to answer those because of all the scams these days.
Thank you ! ❤ I didn’t get a call, my representative forwarded the email with the oath letter to me, my representative number and email was everywhere instead of mine as he took care of my file

Reactions: Di2882

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Thank you ! ❤ I didn’t get a call, my representative forwarded the email with the oath letter to me, my representative number and email was everywhere instead of mine as he took care of my file
That’s smart and probably best for your mental health to not have been the one to deal with this lol. Congratulations again!

Aug 16, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Type: Online Application
Physical Presence: 1097 days
Application: single
AoR: December 7, 2022
Background completed: Feb 3, 2023

no new update, anyone else on the same boat?

KY13

Apr 6, 2023
Update, Oath scheduled on tracker (no email yet)

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1200
Application: Single
Application sent: December 5, 2022
Delivered: December 6, 2022
AOR: December 28, 2022
Background completed: Feb 14, 2023
Citizenship scheduled: March 17
Citizenship test performed: April 3
Test completed: April 4
LPP completed: July 4 (tracker updated July 6)
Oath Status updated as IN PROGRESS on July 10th (tracker updated July 12)
Oath Scheduled on August 10, 2023. (Email will confirm if its online or in-person).
Final Update,
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1200
Application: Single
Application sent: December 5, 2022
Delivered: December 6, 2022
AOR: December 28, 2022
Background completed: Feb 14, 2023
Citizenship scheduled: March 17
Citizenship test performed: April 3
Test completed: April 4
LPP completed: July 4 (tracker updated July 6)
Oath Status updated as IN PROGRESS on July 10th (tracker updated July 12)
Oath Scheduled on August 10, 2023. (virtual).
Oath taken on August 10
e-Certificate received on August 11
Online tracker changed into application closed on August 11

Best of luck for everyone here :)

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
From the RC-8090 thread that @ukp90 posted above, I found the email id for oath ceremonies at Scarborough office, and emailed them saying I finished my test on Apr 4th, and since then there have been no updates, and asked if they can provide any update.

They emailed back saying please don't use the oath email to ask for application updates, and in any case, your application is with Mississauga office. Does this happen often - where you get the test invite from Scarborough and then your application gets transferred to Mississauga?

Also, does anyone know how to reach the Mississauga office by email?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
From the RC-8090 thread that @ukp90 posted above, I found the email id for oath ceremonies at Scarborough office, and emailed them saying I finished my test on Apr 4th, and since then there have been no updates, and asked if they can provide any update.

They emailed back saying please don't use the oath email to ask for application updates, and in any case, your application is with Mississauga office. Does this happen often - where you get the test invite from Scarborough and then your application gets transferred to Mississauga?

Also, does anyone know how to reach the Mississauga office by email?
Yes mine got transferred from NGF to Mississauga just before the test.
You can find the email for Mississauga VO in the appropriate thread for that office. No use though, nobody really replies with anything substantial. Just generic responses.