+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* Spousal Sponsorship

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Oh no! I've thought about you guys a lot over these last few months, wondering if you'd heard anything. That's such a shame. Although it seems people who are applying now are getting their AOR in a week or two, so it may expedite it. But still. Absolute nightmare.
Total nightmare. We appreciate the thoughts though and will apply again. Just hope our app ends up in the lucky pool this time.

Reactions: Mrs_spiritus

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Sorry to hear that. I believe it's almost certain that this means they 'returned' it to you. (Although clearly may not have done the return part, or it got lost).

Please do contact your MP. The MP may or may not be able to help with respect to the one that was already filed, but the return process is absolutely an unaccountable dumpster fire and the MPs are the best chance of making it accountable.

[To be clear: there's a lot that they COULD do better with the returns process, but even by their own minimal standards - actually sending it back to applicants (returning) and the very basic step of explaining to minimal standards why it's being returned - they are not meeting them. Leaving aside that they can/shoudl be able to return by email AND with some basic notification through gckey or some other part of the platform.]
Yes, we got our letter today stating the app had been returned. Curious how that came within 1 business day of me phoning. The reason they gave was because they said we submitted it to the wrong office as Mississauga handles Inland and we clearly applied Outland based on the files we submitted. Well duh! Hence why we clicked the "applying from outside Canada" button on the online app. This was a complete and utter internal error that no one has to be accountable for. It is honestly soul-crushing to know my taxes pay these idiots salaries. The fact that it has taken 10 months for them to finally return the app tells me very clearly that it's easier for them to pretend we made the error than to admit they made it because they can't open that can of worms without a system collapse and overhaul. Anyway, re-apply we shall and hope for a better outcome. Thank you for your 2-cents throughout this madness.

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
Yes, we got our letter today stating the app had been returned. Curious how that came within 1 business day of me phoning. The reason they gave was because they said we submitted it to the wrong office as Mississauga handles Inland and we clearly applied Outland based on the files we submitted. Well duh! Hence why we clicked the "applying from outside Canada" button on the online app. This was a complete and utter internal error that no one has to be accountable for. It is honestly soul-crushing to know my taxes pay these idiots salaries. The fact that it has taken 10 months for them to finally return the app tells me very clearly that it's easier for them to pretend we made the error than to admit they made it because they can't open that can of worms without a system collapse and overhaul. Anyway, re-apply we shall and hope for a better outcome. Thank you for your 2-cents throughout this madness.
Do you remember which address you sent? If I remember correctly (Sydney, NS)used to be outland CPC perhaps they meant that. I agree with you there’s no accountability in IRCC, officers emotions dictates the outcome of the application. My spousal application is hitting 41 months with IRCC. What level of bureaucracy is that?

• Wow

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Do you remember which address you sent? If I remember correctly (Sydney, NS)used to be outland CPC perhaps they meant that. I agree with you there’s no accountability in IRCC, officers emotions dictates the outcome of the application. My spousal application is hitting 41 months with IRCC. What level of bureaucracy is that?
They applied online. So they didn't mail it anywhere. Definitely an internal error.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, we got our letter today stating the app had been returned. Curious how that came within 1 business day of me phoning. The reason they gave was because they said we submitted it to the wrong office as Mississauga handles Inland and we clearly applied Outland based on the files we submitted. Well duh! Hence why we clicked the "applying from outside Canada" button on the online app. This was a complete and utter internal error that no one has to be accountable for.
Did you get the letter today by email?

I didn't use the online, does the online submit to an 'office'? I mean, is that even possible, does their answer make sense?

If it doesn't, please do take it to your MP. Mistakes happen but 10 months and a nonsensical response is offensive.

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021

I didn't use the online, does the online submit to an 'office'? I mean, is that even possible, does their answer make sense?

If it doesn't, please do take it to your MP. Mistakes happen but 10 months and a nonsensical response is offensive.
If it does, it's behind the scenes on their end. It's not sent to an email address, it's all done on their own platform / portal. I agree, take it to your MP.

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017

Do MP have power other than inquiries latest status? My MP’s office told me that “They can not intervene the process”, Just wait.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do MP have power other than inquiries latest status? My MP’s office told me that “They can not intervene the process”, Just wait.
They cannot 'interfere in the process.'

But they can ask questions - and you already saw how 'askng questions' even on the phone sometimes results in movement. They can escalate to the Minister's office. They can write letters asking or complaining.

Ministers DO NOT like to have to answer pointed letters of well-founded complaints. They complain to their staff, who will bring things up. Line employees DO NOT like to have to expalin their screw-ups to the Minister's staff nor to deputy ministers.

Will it fix your case? Probably not. But getting questions asked sometimes makes files moved. If not, it may make staff deal with the underlying issue. Maybe both.

Mind: MP's can't over-use this, MPs who are a pain in the butt can get ignored (note why MP's and IRCC have sort-of agreed the 'inquiry' process to mean that they won't cause problems about routine cases/timeframes because useless for everyone). MP's staff (in the offices) vary in their own competency etc too, as well as ability to 'work the system.' Some MPs are just more important than others.

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
They cannot 'interfere in the process.'

But they can ask questions - and you already saw how 'askng questions' even on the phone sometimes results in movement. They can escalate to the Minister's office. They can write letters asking or complaining.

Ministers DO NOT like to have to answer pointed letters of well-founded complaints. They complain to their staff, who will bring things up. Line employees DO NOT like to have to expalin their screw-ups to the Minister's staff nor to deputy ministers.

Will it fix your case? Probably not. But getting questions asked sometimes makes files moved. If not, it may make staff deal with the underlying issue. Maybe both.

Mind: MP's can't over-use this, MPs who are a pain in the butt can get ignored (note why MP's and IRCC have sort-of agreed the 'inquiry' process to mean that they won't cause problems about routine cases/timeframes because useless for everyone). MP's staff (in the offices) vary in their own competency etc too, as well as ability to 'work the system.' Some MPs are just more important than others.
Well said. Again, I have a friend who works at the department and told me that MPs do have an impact on application processing. Maybe some have good reputations while others don't. But usually, he said once an MP complaint gets to the Minister, IRCC has what they call higher-level processing agents who can and do expedite applications within a 72-hr window. It all depends on how far the initial agent has left the file. If it's just a simple PPR email or CoRP matter, they will do it instantly. These 2nd-tier agents have more "power" than the ones processing our applications. In summary, some MPs' inquiries do get heard and acted upon quickly.
My advice is to go to your MP's office, bring everything and get dramatic if you have to... speak from your soul, for the rest of us...

Reactions: armoured

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
We applied online so the error made was internal.

Reactions: BRIL23

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM

The letter came via email. As I understand it from the people who answer the 1-888 #, online portal apps get downloaded onto a centralized server, and when an officer deigns to look at them, they forward it and the files to the Inland or Outland receiving office based on the answer to the first question asked on the online app which is "Are you applying from outside of Canada?", or "Are you applying from inside of Canada?". You check which one applies and go from there.

My MP is aware. I sent an email today because they too couldn't find our application. Apparently it has been deleted which is normal practice for returned apps? I guess? You're right, this whole situation is offensive and insulting. And quite frankly embarrassing. This department needs to get their poop in a group.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
If it does, it's behind the scenes on their end. It's not sent to an email address, it's all done on their own platform / portal. I agree, take it to your MP.
Already done. I doubt anything will come of it though. I mean it isn't like they can fast track our new app because IRCC will never admit to making a mistake. Sad part is we're not the only ones who this has happened to. Another person I met online waited 7 months for their app to be returned and another Dec applicant still hasn't heard yet. Seems this is a more common problem than it may appear.

Div_09

Sep 14, 2022
Hi everyone,

This is to update our timeline as we have finally received COPR!

Application received - December 2,2021
AOR 1, AOR 2 - June 14,2022
Medical received - June 14, 2022
Medical Biometrics updated - June 20,2022
Eligibility, background completed - Sept 10
Pre- Arrival - sept 10
Copr appeared - sept 12

Awaiting PPR

Principal applicant from India
VO - New Delhi

Readytogo1010

Star Member
Mar 24, 2022
Category........
FAM
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-2022
Doc's Request.
N/A
Hi everyone,

This is to update our timeline as we have finally received COPR!

Application received - December 2,2021
AOR 1, AOR 2 - June 14,2022
Medical received - June 14, 2022
Medical Biometrics updated - June 20,2022
Eligibility, background completed - Sept 10
Pre- Arrival - sept 10
Copr appeared - sept 12

Awaiting PPR

Principal applicant from India
VO - New Delhi
Congratulations big weight lifted of your shoulders! Hopefully PPR will come soon too

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Already done. I doubt anything will come of it though. I mean it isn't like they can fast track our new app because IRCC will never admit to making a mistake. Sad part is we're not the only ones who this has happened to. Another person I met online waited 7 months for their app to be returned and another Dec applicant still hasn't heard yet. Seems this is a more common problem than it may appear.
I'm a part of a couple groups on facebook for PR as well. Apparently this exact scenario has happened to several people in the last couple days! Applied online outland some time ago, heard nothing, and it was just now returned because of the inland error. So there's clearly an issue.