+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* Spousal Sponsorship

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
If you submitted in December and have not heard anything, I would strongly suspect it has been returned as incomplete and you have somehow missed the communication (which unfortunately does happen). If not, likley something else is wrong (of which I can name only potential social assistance checks or the sponsor not being in Canada, but there probably are other causes).

What have you done to try and confirm that it is still in process?
Our application is still in process according to IRCC. I've called numerous times, have submitted countless Webforms, have contacted my MP, and applied for ATIP.

I received a letter in May providing me with a temp file # and thanking us for our Inland app when we had applied Outland online. I contacted IRCC to correct their error and nothing has happened since. My MP confirmed that an email had been sent to Mississauga regarding their error. Responses to the Webforms are all canned and state that there is a pandemic happening and progress is slowed and to be patient but zero action. When I call IRCC, they aren't able to tell me anything but while they can see the application in the system, they tell me the files haven't yet been uploaded into the system. In response to my ATIP request, they decided to grant themselves an additional 60 days to look into my request and I expect them to do the same again with the second deadline looming for them to respond by August 27. The whole thing is ridiculous.

I've never been on social assistance and we check our spam weekly so are confident we didn't miss a correspondence regrading a returned app.

I'm at my wits end and no one seems to have any answers. It's all pass the buck and no accountability. IRCC is a dumpster fire.

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Anyone from here, who has their visa office - Sydney? I am trying to find out how long do they take to process the PPR?

Portgas D. Ace

Star Member
Aug 5, 2022
Anyone from here, who has their visa office - Sydney? I am trying to find out how long do they take to process the PPR?
Hi our VO also Sydney, we submitted our application in December 6 (outland spouse sponsorship).
We received the pre-arrival services letter June 1, 2022, after that we received a lot of ghost updates until August 10,2022 but we are still waiting for PPR and COPR.
We hope we received some good news soon.

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Hi our VO also Sydney, we submitted our application in December 6 (outland spouse sponsorship).
We received the pre-arrival services letter June 1, 2022, after that we received a lot of ghost updates until August 10,2022 but we are still waiting for PPR and COPR.
We hope we received some good news soon.
Oh my god thats a very long wait!!! :(

• Sad
Reactions: Portgas D. Ace

Portgas D. Ace

Star Member
Aug 5, 2022
Oh my god thats a very long wait!!! :(
We feel stressed about it but we got nothing to do but waiting for the decision, that's why I wanna know if anyone else have applied in December 2021 outside spouse sponsorship and received PPR / COPR.
Can you please share with us your timeline? Thank you

• Sad
Reactions: mili_0923

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
We feel stressed about it but we got nothing to do but waiting for the decision, that's why I wanna know if anyone else have applied in December 2021 outside spouse sponsorship and received PPR / COPR.
Oh dear I cannot imagine how stress can you be at this very moment. I have applied in March 2022 and I am waiting for my pre-arrival and PPR. Have you called IRCC to get more updates? Or maybe asked the GMC notes?

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
We applied November, 2021. Waiting for ppr/corp since April, 2022. Our VO is Singapore.
Bunch of ghost updates but no actual updates yet.
Current wait time for outland applications seem to be very high.
Best of luck! Hope we both get good news soon.

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Silly question, now that i am waiting for PPR. Can I travel to india visit my husband for 10-15 days? Would that cause delay in my file?

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Silly question, now that i am waiting for PPR. Can I travel to india visit my husband for 10-15 days? Would that cause delay in my file?
That doesn’t have anything to do with the application. There are no such restrictions.
I've went back home to visit my wife for almost 2 months. No issues.

Reactions: mili_0923

Arsalanullah1122

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
Hey Everyone, I hope everyone is well. I applied for my wife's PR back in December 2021. The last I heard from IRCC was when they asked for her medical exam. I have recently signed up for the Canada PR tracker portal and was wondering what it means by eligibility being completed? Is it the same as the eligibility review for an FSW applicant? Is there only going to be background check now and then she will get her PPR? Anyone has any idea? Thanks!

Lira

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hey Everyone, I hope everyone is well. I applied for my wife's PR back in December 2021. The last I heard from IRCC was when they asked for her medical exam. I have recently signed up for the Canada PR tracker portal and was wondering what it means by eligibility being completed? Is it the same as the eligibility review for an FSW applicant? Is there only going to be background check now and then she will get her PPR? Anyone has any idea? Thanks!
Differently from FSW if you signed up to the PR Tracker, the sponsor(should create)will have a separate account and the principal applicant (should create)a separate account for the same application.
The sponsor's account on tracker will show progress until you receive Spousal Approval=means that you meet the requirements for sponsoring (Sponsors Eligibility).
Than on your wife's account you will receive and follow all the other steps (this is the second part of the application similar to FSW where the Principal Aplicant is the sponsored person=spouse), like Eligibility, Medicals, Biometrics, Background etc.

Arsalanullah1122

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
Differently from FSW if you signed up to the PR Tracker, the sponsor(should create)will have a separate account and the principal applicant (should create)a separate account for the same application.
The sponsor's account on tracker will show progress until you receive Spousal Approval=means that you meet the requirements for sponsoring (Sponsors Eligibility).
Than on your wife's account you will receive and follow all the other steps (this is the second part of the application similar to FSW where the Principal Aplicant is the sponsored person=spouse), like Eligibility, Medicals, Biometrics, Background etc.
Thanks for the detailed response Lira. I will get my wife to create an account and track the progress from there.