+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* Spousal Sponsorship

waitingformyspouse

Star Member
Mar 30, 2022
Hello everyone,
I’m wondering if there’s someone in the same boat as me? We got the pre-arrival letter on April 30th and since then there have been sooo many ghost updates in the PR tracker. Everything else in the tracker shows ‘Completed’. Any idea when the PPR can be sent? There’s no COPR number updated in the account as well.

I will

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Jan 2022 applicant
Aor,medical,bio,file transfer all done. Jun 8 ircc send additional document request and we submit same day ...
how long does it take to check adr???

Ravipatel_93

Jan 10, 2020
Hello everyone,
I’m wondering if there’s someone in the same boat as me? We got the pre-arrival letter on April 30th and since then there have been sooo many ghost updates in the PR tracker. Everything else in the tracker shows ‘Completed’. Any idea when the PPR can be sent? There’s no COPR number updated in the account as well.
I have same situation. so many updates in PR Tracker. last updated on 1st July

johntro

Mar 18, 2022
Hello guys,

Im from Colombia and I live in Toronto, we started our app on Nov 2021 and so far we had multiple updates, we also see every other day the ghost updates. I went to Colombia in May and my wife got pregnant, has anyone been through something similar while sponsoring?

1. We received [Wife]'s application for permanent residence on Nov 19, 2021.
  2. We started processing [Wife]'s application on Feb 23, 2021.
  3. We sent [Wife] correspondence on . If [Wife] has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have [Wife] do so as soon as possible. Please wait until [Wife] receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Mar 15, 2022 We sent you a message about your application
  5. Apr 24, 2022 Complete your immigration medical exam
  6. Apr 25, 2022 Medical exam activity status updated
  7. May 16, 2022 We received the police certificate(s) you sent us.
  8. Jul 1, 2022 We received the marriage certificate/licence you sent us
  9. Jul 1, 2022 Eligibility activity status updated
  10. Jul 4, 2022 Medical exam activity status updated - Medical exam status has been updated to Completed
  11. Jul 4, 2022 We sent you a message about your application

The last message was asking for a notarized copy of our marriage certificate which we will send this week. Anyone has any idea as to how long will our process take? what is strange to me is that they confirmed they have our marriage certificate but now they are asking for it. Hope this helps.

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
>>>>>>>>>> December 2021, Paper Outland application>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Jul 05,2022

Ready for Visa, Passport Submission. COPR provided.
##############
  • Apr 23, 2022

Medical exam activity status updated

Medical exam

Medical exam status has been updated to Completed

##############

• Apr 19, 2022

Invitation to pre-arrival services

We sent you a message about free pre-arrival services that you can now use. These services are available to you before you arrive and are meant to help prepare for and adjust to life in Canada.

##############

• Apr 19, 2022

Background verification activity status updated

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed

#############

• Apr 19, 2022

Eligibility activity status updated

Eligibility

Eligibility status has been updated to Completed

#############

• Apr 8, 2022

Medical exam

Medical exam status has been updated to In progress

#############

• Apr 7, 2022

Complete your immigration medical exam

We sent you a request to complete a medical exam. Read the message for more details.
    #############

• Apr 5, 2022

Complete your biometrics

We sent you a message with instructions on how to submit your fingerprints and photo. Please complete this by the date shown in your message.

#############

• Dec 21, 2021

Application received

We received your application and we’re checking to make sure you’ve submitted all the required forms and documents on the document checklist. If your application is incomplete, we’ll return it to you without processing it. If your application has all the requested forms and documents, you’ll get a message confirming we’ve accepted your application for processing.

Last edited:

Lira

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021

• Jun 05,2022

##############
  • Apr 23, 2022

Medical exam

##############

• Apr 19, 2022

We sent you a message about free pre-arrival services that you can now use. These services are available to you before you arrive and are meant to help prepare for and adjust to life in Canada.

##############

• Apr 19, 2022

Background verification

#############

• Apr 19, 2022

Eligibility

#############

• Apr 8, 2022

Medical exam

#############

• Apr 7, 2022

We sent you a request to complete a medical exam. Read the message for more details.
    #############

• Apr 5, 2022

Complete your biometrics

We sent you a message with instructions on how to submit your fingerprints and photo. Please complete this by the date shown in your message.

#############

• Dec 21, 2021

Application received

We received your application and we’re checking to make sure you’ve submitted all the required forms and documents on the document checklist. If your application is incomplete, we’ll return it to you without processing it. If your application has all the requested forms and documents, you’ll get a message confirming we’ve accepted your application for processing.
Congratulations!

Reactions: tan_sur69

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021

• Jul 05,2022

##############
  • Apr 23, 2022

Medical exam

##############

• Apr 19, 2022

##############

• Apr 19, 2022

Background verification

#############

• Apr 19, 2022

Eligibility

#############

• Apr 8, 2022

Medical exam

#############

• Apr 7, 2022

#############

• Apr 5, 2022

Complete your biometrics

#############

• Dec 21, 2021

Application received

What is your VO? Ottawa?

karan8183

Oct 18, 2019

• Jul 05,2022

##############
  • Apr 23, 2022

Medical exam

##############

• Apr 19, 2022

##############

• Apr 19, 2022

Background verification

#############

• Apr 19, 2022

Eligibility

#############

• Apr 8, 2022

Medical exam

#############

• Apr 7, 2022

#############

• Apr 5, 2022

Complete your biometrics

#############

• Dec 21, 2021

Application received

Which VO?

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Which VO?
CPC-Ottawa

They were so many ghost updates happening on my case, that I thought they were transferring my file to India to one of the Visa Application Centres.
Only after, receiving the Ready for visa letter, did I find that the case office is CPC-Ottawa.

I think they transfer the file to their home country when they find discrepancies or doubtful of marriage... I GUESS.
OR
It could be they are sending the files/cases in the Canada office itself.. wherein certain offices may have less backlog...

If your documentation is strong, the cases are get cleared in 6-7 months... The catch is very STRONG DOCUMENTATION.
I researched and spent months trying to find what all documents will provide Genuity to marriage and submitted almost 5 KGS of evidence (paper application). LOL

In the entire process, they did not get back to me asking for additional proof or documentation.

I was expecting my spouse in India will be called for an interview.. since she never worked in the last 15 years, and comes from PUNJAB (cases where fraud marriages were reported).
PLEASE NO OFFENSE TO PUNJAB, I LOVE PUNJAB.
No tax returns, love marriage (INTER CASTE MARRIAGE), less than a year of marriage. No children, No Bank balance for the principal applicant, and No Travel history.

I am saying all these because.. if your marriage is genuine. no matter how many flags you have, you will still be able to clear it. IN FIRST ATTEMPT and IN SIX MONTHS TIME.
BE POSITIVE.

Some pointers that helped me...

ALL the best...

Last edited:

Lira

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
CPC-Ottawa

They were so many updates happening on my case, I thought they were transferring my file to India to one of Visa Application centre.
Only after, receiving the Ready for visa letter, i found that the case office is CPC-Ottawa..

I think they transfer the file to their home country when they want to interview the resource... I GUESS.
OR
It could be they are settling some cases in Canada itself.. where certain offices have less backlog...
Would you be able to share your latest updates? And one more question, does ppr reflect in gc account or tracker? Thanks and all the best

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Would you be able to share your latest updates? And one more question, does ppr reflect in gc account or tracker? Thanks and all the best
They are no latest updates.. whatever is mentioned in the timelines above, is as it is.
I could see that COPR section is filed with TXXXXX number... So online tracker will have that details.

Reactions: Lira