+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* Spousal Sponsorship

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
Indian Applications are Processed both in Ottawa and New Delhi.
If PA is in India(Outland) then it is sent to Delhi for Visa Stamping.
If PA is in Canada(Inland) then it is different scenario.
I know about the process, but just wanted to know which category you are in.l?
If your VO is Ottawa then i assume the PA is in Canada and then you can do virtual landing. If PA is in India then file is processed in New Delhi and Passport is sent to Delhi for visa stamping. But looking at your timeline, it is so fast and your VO must be Ottawa and in that case you don't need visa stamping since PA is already in Canada. Please correct me if i am wrong.

chadnan93

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
I know about the process, but just wanted to know which category you are in.l?
If your VO is Ottawa then i assume the PA is in Canada and then you can do virtual landing. If PA is in India then file is processed in New Delhi and Passport is sent to Delhi for visa stamping. But looking at your timeline, it is so fast and your VO must be Ottawa and in that case you don't need visa stamping since PA is already in Canada. Please correct me if i am wrong.
You are wrong buddy. PA is not in Canada, she is in India.
Ottawa Processes both Outland and Inland Application.

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
You are wrong buddy. PA is not in Canada, she is in India.
Ottawa Processes both Outland and Inland Application.
Why your file was not transfered to New Delhi? I know Ottawa process is very quick after medical where New Delhi takes too long. I have seen people here waiting for almost a year after medical and for some their medical is even expired for New Delhi VO.

You must be lucky

chadnan93

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Why your file was not transferred to New Delhi? I know Ottawa process is very quick after medical where New Delhi takes too long. I have seen people here waiting for almost a year after medical and for some their medical is even expired for New Delhi VO.

You must be lucky
I Honestly don't know why it wasn't transferred but yeah I am lucky in that way.
Like i said if PA is from India regardless of Outland or Inland, it is either processed in Delhi or Ottawa.
There are many who got PPR already from December Batch along with me but all of them had VO-Ottawa and none from Delhi. I know few of them who have Delhi as VO but still under process after medical.

chadnan93

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
New delhi is taking forever for PPR
I did medical in first week of march
Still waiting for PPR
Delhi has always been like that.
It was the same case when I applied for my PR through express entry in 2019. I was lucky enough to get PPR in 4 months as my VO was Ottawa but New Delhi folks got it after 8 months.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Like i said if PA is from India regardless of Outland or Inland, it is either processed in Delhi or Ottawa.
Prior to covid, it was somewhat clear that overall, files were being completed more quickly in Canada (Mississauga then) for some countries compared to visa offices (Delhi being pretty obvious). Also it was not directly linked to whether applicant was inland or outland.

The consensus opinion was that it was more that 'easier' (simpler) files were more often being kept in Canada for processing. I.e. that it was not so much 'lucky' to have your file retained in Canada, but that your file was actually easier for them to process and hence went quicker.

It's not clear whether that was true or impression; to some degree the opinion looked to be plausible because (to the extent outsiders could tell, but from gcms and some info shared about files) the ones retained for processing in Canada were more simple.

This may have been wrong, but if this trend is starting to resurface but with Ottawa, more or less same conclusions: not all files sent out take longer, and not all ones retained in Canada are faster, and it most likely wasn't a random (luck) process that sent some to be processed faster but that the files were actually different.

Note, of course: it also makes no difference whether the applicant is in or outside Canada as to how the PPR is treated - any visa office can print the visa and that's driven by whether the applicant needs a visa to enter Canada.

chadnan93

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Prior to covid, it was somewhat clear that overall, files were being completed more quickly in Canada (Mississauga then) for some countries compared to visa offices (Delhi being pretty obvious). Also it was not directly linked to whether applicant was inland or outland.

The consensus opinion was that it was more that 'easier' (simpler) files were more often being kept in Canada for processing. I.e. that it was not so much 'lucky' to have your file retained in Canada, but that your file was actually easier for them to process and hence went quicker.

It's not clear whether that was true or impression; to some degree the opinion looked to be plausible because (to the extent outsiders could tell, but from gcms and some info shared about files) the ones retained for processing in Canada were more simple.

This may have been wrong, but if this trend is starting to resurface but with Ottawa, more or less same conclusions: not all files sent out take longer, and not all ones retained in Canada are faster, and it most likely wasn't a random (luck) process that sent some to be processed faster but that the files were actually different.

Note, of course: it also makes no difference whether the applicant is in or outside Canada as to how the PPR is treated - any visa office can print the visa and that's driven by whether the applicant needs a visa to enter Canada.
Yeah maybe my file was easier and that's why it was sent to Ottawa and not Delhi!

But as far as the trend goes even for Express entry in early 2019 I have seen Applications getting processed in Ottawa and Delhi. Mine was in Ottawa at that time too and was done in 4 Months compared to Delhi who took 7-8 Months.

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
Anybody has their backgroud and eligibility not started and still they got PPR for New Delhi VO?

For me, medical is passed over a month ago and Background and eligibility still not started.

karan8183

Oct 18, 2019
Its is so unfair. Mine file is in new delhi VO as well. They dont do anything. My medical passed around 3 months ago and nothing till now. Meanwhile, folks with ottawa VO getting PPR's. Its so wrong.

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
Its is so unfair. Mine file is in new delhi VO as well. They dont do anything. My medical passed around 3 months ago and nothing till now. Meanwhile, folks with ottawa VO getting PPR's. Its so wrong.
I know
I am june 2021 applicant
My file is in delhi still no update
People who applied after me got ppr even they reached canada
We are here just waiting

Jack22

May 31, 2022
My medical are passed since dec 3 and till now i am waiting for my ppr

India_001

Mar 4, 2022
This whole procedure is taking a toll on our mental health now. It is frustrating to watch files being moved to Ottawa and they are processing quicker although we all are applicant's from India and our still rots somewhere in new delhi, why discriminate then?
My question here could be silly but is there any way to contact someone for this or to raise an enquiry may be?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My question here could be silly but is there any way to contact someone for this or to raise an enquiry may be?
If your file is December '21, still well within normal timeframes (not even accounting for current backlogs).

Some files are faster than others.

npatel202

May 31, 2019
hi can we still apply online application or just we have to go though paper application.???Is there any one whose wife is in canada and they are not staying together ???so they have to process outland application?? Thank You.