+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* Spousal Sponsorship

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Hello all, on an average, does anyone know how long does it take after getting the pre-arrival letter? Our timeline so far:
Outland (Online)
Applied: Dec 31, 2021
AOR: March 31, 2022
Biometrics Request: April 7, 2022
Medical Request: April 8, 2022
SA: April 11, 2022
Biometrics and Medical Completed: April 13, 2022
Updated in the tracker and Gckey: April 27, 2022
Pre-arrival letter: April 30, 2022
Congratulations! What country did you apply from?

India_001

Mar 4, 2022
Is anyone aware of the general processing times for New delhi visa office? Been evident from spreadsheet they are terribly lagging in logs. It's just adding onto more anxiety as it seems nothing's been updating in our file at their end. Insights please?

I will

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Outland paper sponsorship

Jan 26, 2022 - Application sent via Canada
April 6, 2022 - AOR
april 13 ,2022 - medical request
April 14, 2022 - sponsor approval

April 20, 2022 - request RPRF( landing fee)
Why request landing fee ?

Amukaur

Apr 13, 2022
@PraveshGG

When to get your medical exam

Before you submit your application

You can’t get an upfront medical exam if you’re being sponsored as a spouse, partner or child. Wait for our instructions before going for your medical exam.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2021-outland-spousal-sponsorship.751461/
Not true we have applied for spousal pr in dec 2021 and did upfront medicals in delhi with in oct 2022.
March 14 2022 medical was passed with no AOR. I directly linked application online with passport nmbr and. PA DOB

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Not true we have applied for spousal pr in dec 2021 and did upfront medicals in delhi with in oct 2022.
March 14 2022 medical was passed with no AOR. I directly linked application online with passport nmbr and. PA DOB
It is possible to do the medical exam upfront.

BUT: IRCC tells you not to do it. It may end up wasting time, and costing extra money. It will NOT (as far as I can tell) save anyone time on a spousal sponsorship. (Okay, there might be occasional cases, and there may have been some esp during covid when some clinics were basically not able to keep up with medical exam requests). If the upfront medicals don't get linked or can't get found or aren't accepted, it's your problem.

It is QUITE common here to see questions like this - "I did upfront medical exam, I now got request for medical, it says 30 days only, how do I deal with it? I sent docs to IRCC they haven't and I don't know what to do, I'm freaking out."

So clearly - there IS actually a problem with doing upfront medicals.

And it's true - it's hard to know exactly what to do, or if you can get IRCC to link the upfront medical with the file, how long it might take, etc. And note: IRCC is under NO (zero!) obligation to take your upfront medical exam results. (The hint was that they tell you on the site to NOT do it).

Now speculating a bit: my impression is that virtually all the cases where people have decided to do upfront medical for spousal sponsorship apps are from India (or possibly also from neighbouring countries). I can only guess that this is a thing that a bunch of immigration consultants recommend for whatever reason (part of the utterly useless information and advice that they provide to convince clients their services are worth more than zero dollars).

Reactions: andycided

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
The other issue is that medical results are only good for one year. So if your application takes a very long time to get to the AOR stage, your medical results could very well expire before your application finishes, meaning you have to get a new exam.

Reactions: armoured

Amukaur

Apr 13, 2022

BUT: IRCC tells you not to do it. It may end up wasting time, and costing extra money. It will NOT (as far as I can tell) save anyone time on a spousal sponsorship. (Okay, there might be occasional cases, and there may have been some esp during covid when some clinics were basically not able to keep up with medical exam requests). If the upfront medicals don't get linked or can't get found or aren't accepted, it's your problem.

It is QUITE common here to see questions like this - "I did upfront medical exam, I now got request for medical, it says 30 days only, how do I deal with it? I sent docs to IRCC they haven't and I don't know what to do, I'm freaking out."

And it's true - it's hard to know exactly what to do, or if you can get IRCC to link the upfront medical with the file, how long it might take, etc. And note: IRCC is under NO (zero!) obligation to take your upfront medical exam results. (The hint was that they tell you on the site to NOT do it).

Now speculating a bit: my impression is that virtually all the cases where people have decided to do upfront medical for spousal sponsorship apps are from India (or possibly also from neighbouring countries). I can only guess that this is a thing that a bunch of immigration consultants recommend for whatever reason (part of the utterly useless information and advice that they provide to convince clients their services are worth more than zero dollars).
I totally understand that IRCC processes everything case by case basis. When i was applying for my PR while in CA i also did upfront medical before applying so I guessed that it would be the same for my husband. I applied the application myself.
anyways they have approved the medical and requested biometrics afterwards
We got pre arrival service letter and now just waiting for PPR i guess.

Reactions: Henry_S

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
I totally understand that IRCC processes everything case by case basis. When i was applying for my PR while in CA i also did upfront medical before applying so I guessed that it would be the same for my husband. I applied the application myself.
anyways they have approved the medical and requested biometrics afterwards
We got pre arrival service letter and now just waiting for PPR i guess.
Much of these are case by case. I've noticed people go out of their way to create fear and doubt in these forums. Congrats on the Pre-arrival letter. Hopefully you get your PPR soon!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I totally understand that IRCC processes everything case by case basis. When i was applying for my PR while in CA i also did upfront medical before applying so I guessed that it would be the same for my husband.
Most of these work out fine (as in your case), but doing upfront is pointless, and just creates extra issues for no reason.

And yes, upfront medicals are done for other types of apps. Those are different.

Reading the instructions for the right type of application and 'doing that' is a better recommendation.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Much of these are case by case. I've noticed people go out of their way to create fear and doubt in these forums. Congrats on the Pre-arrival letter. Hopefully you get your PPR soon!
What fear and doubt?

Simple thing: upfront medical doesn't seem to ever help, and in some cases either slows things down or scares those who get medical requests.

So what's the benefit? The instructions say 'don't', and that seems good advice, in that no real identified positives and some negatives.

Tbay

Apr 9, 2021
How did you guys know that the application is moved to which visa office? where can we see that? I got SA the other day but nothing about a specific visa office. Also, I'm not able to check the ecas now

Tbay

Apr 9, 2021

I'm also going through the same situation .my immigration consultant asked us to do an upfront medical and we got that 3 months ago. then we got a new medical request last week so, I did a webform and waiting for the response now, Also planning to go for an another medical examination as we only have 30 days to complete the request

Reactions: armoured

Arsalanullah1122

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
Is anyone else still waiting to receive their medical request? We got the biometrics letter in March and SA approval early April but no medical exam request yet.