+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* Spousal Sponsorship

andycided

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
How long does "Eligibility" review take???
My "Eligibility" in PR Tracker has changed to In Progress last April 25, 2022

I.O

May 5, 2022
Ok guys I am new to this thread. Curiosity in me has led me to this group.
I have applied for PR spousal outland application:
Shipped paper documents on Dec 10th to SYDNEY, NS
-dec 15th documents were recieved.
AOR-jan 11th 2022
Medical was done in advance so medical was approved march 14th 2022.
-28th march 2022-biometrics requested
4th April 2022- biometrics submitted and completed
8th April 2022 according to PR tracker: eligibility status completed , background check completed.
9th april 2022- pre arrival letter recieved.

Haven’t heard anything yet from them. I dont know what we are waiting for now and for how long!
Did you apply online? so it is better to do medical ahead of application submission?

Becoming

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
App. Filed.......
02-12-2021
AOR Received.
03-03-2-22
Much of these are case by case. I've noticed people go out of their way to create fear and doubt in these forums. Congrats on the Pre-arrival letter. Hopefully you get your PPR soon!
I couldn’t agree more. I hate these self proclaimed consultants of this forum who spread fear and doubt. And funny thing is that you can't stop them. They will poke their nose whenever they get a chance.

Reactions: Kyoto

hmohta

May 8, 2022
I have a question if this forum can answer....I have a PR and I am starting the process of spousal sponsorship now. We had applied under EE earlier but my wife was expecting so she was marked non-accompanying in COPR sent in Dec'19 to me by IRCC.

1) For family class sponsorship, can I expect it to be a faster processing now as IRCC already knows about my spouse from previous application? (She has a UCI which we will mention in the Letter of Explanation)
2) Our consultant mentioned that in this scenario, you do not have to prove your relationship as it is genuine and I also have a dependent child? Does this make our case stronger and may lead to faster processing?

I know IRCC processes applications randomly and in no order but still hopeful to bring my family to Toronto as soon as possible. Any pointers will be helpful

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
YOu can really just post the exact same text in one thread to start and wait for a bit to see if anyone responds.

1) For family class sponsorship, can I expect it to be a faster processing now as IRCC already knows about my spouse from previous application? (She has a UCI which we will mention in the Letter of Explanation)
It may be somewhat faster but not a guarantee (and no way to do direct comparison).

2) Our consultant mentioned that in this scenario, you do not have to prove your relationship as it is genuine and I also have a dependent child? Does this make our case stronger and may lead to faster processing?
I strongly suggest you look at the application forms and package yourself. First, because you need to know what is actually required. Second, because I think your consultant is wrong (the scenarios under which you don't need to provide any information is quite limited - and it is not the case if you do not both live together).

And if you figure that out, you may decide that your consultant, who gives incorrect information, is not worth the money and you can do it yourself.

In a broader sense: if you've been married several years, have children together, and neither have been divorced before - then yes, the level of examination of the relationship may be less time consuming and the file may move faster. But that's more about having provided good evidence and having a straightforward case - i.e. having done a good job proving - than 'not proving.'

And of course, there are many other factors about how long files take and not just the relationship - like security clearances.

Reactions: YVR123

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Add me to your list too. I even had my MP contact IRCC and they lied about receiving my application.
Yes. IRCC lied to me MP as well saying I received AOR when all I got was form letter with a temp file # thanking me for applying Inland. First, that is not AOR because there is no UCI, and second, we applied Outland so now our app is in a mess of trouble...

JermZ

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
In PR Tracker using applicant UCI number, Eligibility and background not started. Medical in Progress.

I guess nothing would happen until we get medical done.
Hello,

did you finish your medical? What is the status of "Eligibility" in your PR Tracker?

waitingformyspouse

Star Member
Mar 30, 2022
Hi everyone, just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience?
In PR tracker, it shows all the steps are ‘Completed’. Any idea how long it takes after that? Also since everything is completed, we have had 2 ghost updates. May 4 and today May 11.