+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* Spousal Sponsorship

Sarinasa

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
Hi guys,
We sent Dec 17th 2021 Outland Paper Application that was received on Dec 31st 2021.
Got sponsor AOR email on March 17
Biometric were already done on Jan 17th 2022 for Visit Visa
Received email from centralized processing office on 4th April 2022 for refund of Biometric fee.
On 7th April 2022 received another email for update on your application. When checked, its a biometric collection letter and the status of account is "Your Action required".
Do we have to give the biometrics again? Is there anyone on the same boat?
Hi
Can I ask you a question ?
Did they give your wife turist visa ?

India_001

Mar 4, 2022
Me and my spouse both received an email from canada-immigration.gc.ca (don't even know if that's ircc or what) on Arpil 5th but as we opened the attachment it seems legit as it had my UCI and application number; it read the date we submitted our file (they mentioned it paper file but ours was online). And then it had the suggestions to link paper application to online account.

Now today as our tracker updated, I noticed there was an update from 4th arpil saying:

Apr 4, 2022

We sent you a message about your application

Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.

So my confusions lies in:
1. Is the email I mentioned above supposed to be AOR2? Or is it a generic email suggesting an update
2. I haven't received any other email apart form that, should I be concerned if IRCC needs any additional document?

FYI: I'm outland online applicant 22nd December,
Received AOR 1, SA, exempted from biometrics and medical passed already till march 29th
But no update regarding background check or eligibility or pre arrival so far.

Reactions: Lira

IrHaque

Apr 7, 2022
congratulation
Thank you. But my question still remained unanswered. Let me know if anyone else has received the Biometric collection letter despite having biometric done already.
Also, I am planning to get a work visa issued for my spouse once she will be here. Hopefully it won't effect my outland application right?

missblack

Apr 25, 2019
Thank you. But my question still remained unanswered. Let me know if anyone else has received the Biometric collection letter despite having biometric done already.
Also, I am planning to get a work visa issued for my spouse once she will be here. Hopefully it won't effect my outland application right?
which country is PA from??

missblack

Apr 25, 2019
PA is from Pakistan.
wow, super lucky our even study visa was rejected. Anything special you added to convince the visa officer as refusal rate is pretty hight for spouse visit visa. Ia m planning to apply again so just wanna make sure what should be must added.

IrHaque

Apr 7, 2022
What kind of work visa? Outland app meaning you sponsoring her?
Yes. I am sponsoring her. Normally when you apply for Inland app it gives you an option to also apply for work permit. What I have done is that I had sent an Outland application and later applied for a visit visa. Now that she has the visit visa I am thinking of converting it into work permit so that she wouldn't leave in 6 months and will be able to work here till she will get the PR. So hopefully it won't effect the outland application right?

IrHaque

Apr 7, 2022
wow, super lucky our even study visa was rejected. Anything special you added to convince the visa officer as refusal rate is pretty hight for spouse visit visa. Ia m planning to apply again so just wanna make sure what should be must added.
Actually when I had applied for my PR through EE I had all my dependents marked as non accompanying (which was a blunder on my part). They had their UCIs and medical and everything so I believe that must have helped my case.

Sarinasa

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
[/QUOTE
If I knew the right answer, I would have told you
Hope someone tell you soon
Good luck

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes. I am sponsoring her. Normally when you apply for Inland app it gives you an option to also apply for work permit. What I have done is that I had sent an Outland application and later applied for a visit visa. Now that she has the visit visa I am thinking of converting it into work permit so that she wouldn't leave in 6 months and will be able to work here till she will get the PR. So hopefully it won't effect the outland application right?
Nope, you cannot convert it to an inland, and you cannot apply for the work permit. (Or you can but it will be rejected).

So you either wait for the process to be complete, or you could withdraw the PR app and start over.

IrHaque

Apr 7, 2022
Nope, you cannot convert it to an inland, and you cannot apply for the work permit. (Or you can but it will be rejected).

So you either wait for the process to be complete, or you could withdraw the PR app and start over.
Thank you for your response. I have read it somewhere in the forums that the application was sent to Inland office and it started over again. Anyways, I do not want to start over again and also dont want to convert it to inland. But I'll try to get the work permit anyways.