Medical Passed- March 16th
GCKey-Background check changed to We are Processing-21st March
Pre- Arrival- March 23rd
Wow! What country did you apply from?

• Wow
Reactions: Mrs_spiritus

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
hey Guys, I just wanted to ask if having an extensive stay out of canada can cause my application to sponsor wife and kid to be denied? I recently got a job this year afer I returned to canada to show proof that I can sustain them while here in canada, and I have always maintained a Canada home address all the time I was away (over 365 days) also. Do I need to worry or I can proceed with the sponsorship application.
I will appreciate your feedbacks. thanks.
If you’re a PR then you can onky travel on short trips outside Canada (2 or 3 weeks). As a citizen it’s not an issue.

Reactions: armoured

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
If you’re a PR then you can onky travel on short trips outside Canada (2 or 3 weeks). As a citizen it’s not an issue.
Please where is this stated, that a PR can only make short trips of 2 to 3 weeks? Is there a know case where a Sponsor's application has been denied for this reason?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Please where is this stated, that a PR can only make short trips of 2 to 3 weeks? Is there a know case where a Sponsor's application has been denied for this reason?
Yeah it’s in the offical application guide that a PR has to stay in Canada from the point an application is submitted until the PA lands.

This is a known fact, don’t waste your time looking for loopholes. You’ll be risking your application if you are physically away from Canada for longer than a few weeks. See this example:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/leaving-canada-temporarily-while-spouses-pr-outland-is-in-progress-sponser-being-pr-and-sponsorship-eligibility-is-approved.696170/post-9759225

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Yeah it’s in the offical application guide that a PR has to stay in Canada from the point an application is submitted until the PA lands.

This is a known fact, don’t waste your time looking for loopholes. You’ll be risking your application if you are physically away from Canada for longer than a few weeks. See this example:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/leaving-canada-temporarily-while-spouses-pr-outland-is-in-progress-sponser-being-pr-and-sponsorship-eligibility-is-approved.696170/post-9759225
I think in the end it's a case by case basis. Here's someone else who was also way for 6months and got approved.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/leaving-canada-temporarily-while-spouses-pr-outland-is-in-progress-sponser-being-pr-and-sponsorship-eligibility-is-approved.696170/post-10010819

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Forget about cases, just because someone drove 200 miles per hour on the highway doesn't mean it's legal. If they didn't get a ticket doesn't mean it's legal.
The law says you can't, it's up to you to risk speeding.

Reactions: armoured

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
guys till December 1st week application it appears that people received Biometrics request , medical and SA approval almost same day or with few days apart from receiving the AOR . i got my AOR 2 weeks ago but no other letters yet . Is it same with everyone or just me ?
Some of us don't even have the AOR yet so you're still miles ahead.

chadnan93

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
This is true, it's all case by case. I was in India from Nov1st to Jan 15th. I made my Wife's application while i was in india on dec 12. I just got Pre-Arrival letter today so yeah, its's upto you.

Reactions: Henry_S

Satnam Ghuman

Feb 15, 2022
guys till December 1st week application it appears that people received Biometrics request , medical and SA approval almost same day or with few days apart from receiving the AOR . i got my AOR 2 weeks ago but no other letters yet . Is it same with everyone or just me ?
Yes i am still waiting