+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

m1980

Jun 20, 2011
It's been officially over 6 months since the last official update (October 3: test completed). Since then, only ghost updates. I'm getting a bit worried.
I
It's been officially over 6 months since the last official update (October 3: test completed). Since then, only ghost updates. I'm getting a bit worried.
Hey, I am in the same situation. I am getting anxious too! My last name changed before the application and I wonder if this may cause delay?

sasha2208

Mar 15, 2023
Congrats to you as well! and no I haven't. They say you should expect to receive it around a week before your oath.
Hello! Sorry just checking in to see whether you got an email with the Oath link yet? I know some people get it just a week before too but wanted to make sure since our dates are very close!

Zeek88

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023
Hello! Sorry just checking in to see whether you got an email with the Oath link yet? I know some people get it just a week before too but wanted to make sure since our dates are very close!
Not yet! I'm hoping to receive it in the first week of May. Will let you know when I do, and please do the same. That said, my only concern now is the potential strike and if that could affect / delay the timing of those letters or oath events. I think the unions gave an ultimatum to reach a deal by 9:00 PM tonight, if not, they'll go on strike tomorrow. And it seems there's still some gaps between the 2! We'll see.

oboyzee

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
Not yet! I'm hoping to receive it in the first week of May. Will let you know when I do, and please do the same. That said, my only concern now is the potential strike and if that could affect / delay the timing of those letters or oath events. I think the unions gave an ultimatum to reach a deal by 9:00 PM tonight, if not, they'll go on strike tomorrow. And it seems there's still some gaps between the 2! We'll see.
Honestly the strike is freaking me out and my oath ceremony is coming up on the 8th of May. I got my notice to appear so early. I got it exactly 1month ahead of time like I got the email on the 8th of April. Fingers crossed, hopefully this strike doesn't happen cos if does it's probably gonna affect the ceremonies.

Reactions: Zeek88

sasha2208

Mar 15, 2023
Oh wow okay. Yeah I assumed since we are scheduled already we won’t be affected and it probably delays the scheduling? Anyway will keep you posted please let me know if you hear any information as well

Reactions: Zeek88

mgelgendy

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Doc's Request.
25-06-2018
AOR Received.
23-09-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-02-2019
After exactly 6 months since the fingerprint results were received, I finally got an update that my background verification is completed.

Everything else is still under progress. Should I be expecting things to move faster now? or the Prohibitions and Physical Presence would still take so long?

mgelgendy

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Doc's Request.
25-06-2018
AOR Received.
23-09-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-02-2019
I have almost same timeline and my Background was completed just end of last month ,waiting for Oath invitation that I suppose should come in a month. For LPP for me was completed a week after backgorund .
Similar timeline here as well. Good to know that LPP did not take long in your case. It has been almost two weeks already in my case and it is still in progress.

Reactions: sj1234567

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Similar timeline here as well. Good to know that LPP did not take long in your case. It has been almost two weeks already in my case and it is still in progress.
Same thing. Dec2021 applicant. BG completed only on 5th of April 2023. Two weeks and still waiting for the LPP to get completed.

Reactions: mgelgendy

sasha2208

Mar 15, 2023
Hey! So I don’t have an update yet but I see many online oath ceremonies scheduled today being rescheduled :( praying this gets sorted soon and we don’t get impacted.

Zeek88

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023
Hey! So I don’t have an update yet but I see many online oath ceremonies scheduled today being rescheduled :( praying this gets sorted soon and we don’t get impacted.
Yes same here. They're officially on strike now, and the government announcements are very frustrating. They'll be rescheduling oaths, and not processing passport applications except for emergencies. They are already dealing with backlogs and barely just cleared the passport backlog that they've had for over 2 years! Now we'll be back at it again. Some people are saying historically these types of strikes lasted for 1-2 weeks, so maybe they get sorted out soon and the damage is minimal!

Reactions: sasha2208

m1980

Jun 20, 2011
Ghost update on March 2, 2023, but nothing has changed.

Type: Online Application
Application Office: Vancouver
Application submitted: December 23, 2021
AOR: February 21, 2022
Test Marked Complete: September 22, 2022
Physical presence, Prohibitions, and Language Skills; Background verification is "In Progress."
Citizenship Oath: Not started
Application online status: "Waiting for additional documents," but I received no correspondence. I called IRCC they said nothing is pending, just a system glitch.
Hi, I am also still waiting for LPP updates over 6 months after taking a test.
My husband had an oath in February and I wonder why my case is delayed. I have a long history in Canada as I came here in 2002 and my last name changed in 2014. Everything else is clear and simple. I was not asked to submit any additional documents or fingerprint. Have you been in Canada long before submitting an application or changed your name? I am wondering why some people take so long. Do you know anyone who got rejected after taking a test? I am getting anxious for no reason.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My husband had an oath in February and I wonder why my case is delayed. I have a long history in Canada as I came here in 2002 and my last name changed in 2014. Everything else is clear and simple. I was not asked to submit any additional documents or fingerprint. Have you been in Canada long before submitting an application or changed your name? I am wondering why some people take so long. Do you know anyone who got rejected after taking a test? I am getting anxious for no reason.
There are application which takes time because of no fault of yours. Don't be anxious, things will work out. You need to have a lot of patience when dealing with IRCC. Once the strike is over give them a call. Also if things don't work out via call, try taking help of your MP office to see if they can identify or help in moving your application further. Sometimes the nudge from MP office helps.

ATKK_H

Sep 24, 2018
I received an update in early April; my background check is complete. I am waiting for LLP to complete, which will probably require another 5-6 months. If you review IRCC's performance, the answer to all the above questions is that we are dealing with an inefficient system with insufficient resources to manage the workload and an ambitious plan of boarding hundreds of thousands of immigrants without building solid systems to address the workload and backlogs. By applying, you're captive until they complete the application process. They don't communicate and provide updates on how, when, and based on what criteria they complete the processes. One application gets completed in 6 months, one in 12 months, one in 15 and one in 24. Let's stay patient and wait though it sucks to wait.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I received an update in early April; my background check is complete. I am waiting for LLP to complete, which will probably require another 5-6 months. If you review IRCC's performance, the answer to all the above questions is that we are dealing with an inefficient system with insufficient resources to manage the workload and an ambitious plan of boarding hundreds of thousands of immigrants without building solid systems to address the workload and backlogs. By applying, you're captive until they complete the application process. They don't communicate and provide updates on how, when, and based on what criteria they complete the processes. One application gets completed in 6 months, one in 12 months, one in 15 and one in 24. Let's stay patient and wait though it sucks to wait.
Sean Fraser needs to hear this. The system is broken and immigration targets untenable. The citizenship process is also needlessly complex and arbitrary. The physical presence requirement for one: most people have very little travel: how hard is it to ensure that their travel records are maintained? And if it does need to be verified, Why not ask applicants to provide provide bank statements and property/rent proof upfront?

Background checks are a strange one. Permanent residents already go through extensive checks. So why should it take so long to verify it again a few years later?

Why do some offices process things faster, and why do some applicants at the same office, take longer than others for no apparent reason?

Why aren't the internal "due dates" followed through? Why is there total radio silence for months on end?

And in addition to staff shortages and inefficiencies, I wouldn't be surprised if there was excessive bureaucracy and red tape holding things up.

Reactions: ATKK_H