+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Sherwin7

Mar 30, 2016
Any dec online applicant still waiting for oath email? I got physical presence completed, language skills also completed.
Ghost update since feb 7th and never got any email nor citizenship oath in process.

Surrey office is the most useless office of all
Ofcourse my friend.. my Lpp is still in progress

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Congratulations!!!

How was the ceremony? In which visa office did the oath ceremony take place? Did the officer ask if you have urgent travel plans?

Please share!
Thanks, it was virtual and the Judge was in Halifax but the Niagara office was managing it. Yes I was asked if I need to travel in the next 4-6 weeks?

Reactions: Learner02

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Why did you apply from Service Canada? I applied from passport Canada on Feb 7th and got my passport on Feb 17th delivered to my home. It's just 10 days.
I was not aware that Passport office is delivering passport in 10 days. I do not have any urgent travelling plans, so I can wait for 20 days.

ATKK_H

Sep 24, 2018
Any dec online applicant still waiting for oath email? I got physical presence completed, language skills also completed.
Ghost update since feb 7th and never got any email nor citizenship oath in process.

Surrey office is the most useless office of all
I am a Vancouver applicant (December 23, 2021), and still awaiting approval on everything except the test. It's embarrassing Vancouver is one of the most inefficient offices across all the provinces.

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
I am a Vancouver applicant (December 23, 2021), and still awaiting approval on everything except the test. It's embarrassing Vancouver is one of the most inefficient offices across all the provinces.
Agreed! My wife's application has been stuck at Background completed (test completed before that) for more than 4 months now. I have written to our local MP last week. They asked for us some details and said they will get back to us with an update. Let's see. This is seriously poor though.

fairgranvan16

Aug 30, 2022
Agreed! My wife's application has been stuck at Background completed (test completed before that) for more than 4 months now. I have written to our local MP last week. They asked for us some details and said they will get back to us with an update. Let's see. This is seriously poor though.
Can you please also update whenever they respond? Vancouver looks to have stopped working on old applications (2021) and newer ones are getting through