+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Learner02

Aug 5, 2022
I did not request urgent processing. I think it's totally random with Vancouver, as I got mine within 5 days and most of the applicant have not gotten it.
I read on the citizenship forums that most of the people from east side got their certificate within 5 days of their oath. I am not sure what is wrong with Vancouver jurisdiction.
Thank you for the timely reply.

It is quite a pity to see that timeline to receive the citizenship certificate is completely randomized. What if applicants have an urgent travel and didn't want to reschedule their oath ceremony hoping that they can receive their certificate soon enough to apply for an urgent passport and still meet up with the travel plans?

Just a quick question: did you ask for urgent certificate processing? Were they welcoming such requests during the oath ceremony time when you met with the IRCC officer?

Please let me know.

sureshmaxss

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Thank you for the timely reply.

It is quite a pity to see that timeline to receive the citizenship certificate is completely randomized. What if applicants have an urgent travel and didn't want to reschedule their oath ceremony hoping that they can receive their certificate soon enough to apply for an urgent passport and still meet up with the travel plans?

Just a quick question: did you ask for urgent certificate processing? Were they welcoming such requests during the oath ceremony time when you met with the IRCC officer?

Please let me know.
I did not ask urgent processing.

Reactions: Learner02

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
I applied for my passport on 17th February in Service Canada Office, Brampton. They have told me that the likely mail date for my passport is 17th March. Plus mailing time. So I have to wait for another 5 weeks before I get get my Canadian passport.

Reactions: Clemency30

yaml

Star Member
Aug 16, 2022
I applied for my passport on 17th February in Service Canada Office, Brampton. They have told me that the likely mail date for my passport is 17th March. Plus mailing time. So I have to wait for another 5 weeks before I get get my Canadian passport.
Why did you apply from Service Canada? I applied from passport Canada on Feb 7th and got my passport on Feb 17th delivered to my home. It's just 10 days.

hyper

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Any dec online applicant still waiting for oath email? I got physical presence completed, language skills also completed.
Ghost update since feb 7th and never got any email nor citizenship oath in process.

Surrey office is the most useless office of all

Clemency30

Sep 25, 2019
Any dec online applicant still waiting for oath email? I got physical presence completed, language skills also completed.
Ghost update since feb 7th and never got any email nor citizenship oath in process.

Surrey office is the most useless office of all
It took 3 months for me to get oath when everything got completed. It's a test of patience

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Finally I got an update on my tracker today after months and months of waiting! My oath ceremony is on Feb 21. No email yet so don’t know when that’ll come and whether it’s virtual or in person !
I took my Oath this morning and now am officially a Canadian Citizen !! So happy ! Just wanted to share with the group , it’s been a long long journey !! Thanks for your support and for sharing all along !

Learner02

Aug 5, 2022
I took my Oath this morning and now am officially a Canadian Citizen !! So happy ! Just wanted to share with the group , it’s been a long long journey !! Thanks for your support and for sharing all along !
Congratulations!!!

How was the ceremony? In which visa office did the oath ceremony take place? Did the officer ask if you have urgent travel plans?

Please share!

Emi012

Jun 13, 2018
I received mine
I've also received invitation to take the oath!! Must be going out in batches.

Type: Online Application
Application: Single
Date Submitted: December 30th, 2021
AOR: February 17, 2022
Background check completed: August 29,2022
Test Completed: October 4, 2022
Physical presence, language skills, prohibitions completed ; November 17, 2022
Oath scheduled virtual: Feb 7, 2023

The tracker updated today Janaury 17 but it was marked in progress since January 13.
Oath Completed: Feb 7, 2023
Application Closed: Feb 10, 2023
Certificate Received: Feb 14, 2023

I will be going to the passport office tomorrow. Thank you all for your support. Wish you luck in your journey!