Application Submitted: Dec 09 2021
AOR Date: Feb 16 2022
Background Check : Mar 17 2022
Test Completed: Sep 02 2022
Prohibitions, Physical Presence, Language Skills: In progress
Oath scheduled: Not started
Ghost update: Dec 16, 2022

Any idea what I should do? I'm seeing no movement :(
What do you see the status on ECAS? Is it "Decision Made" there?

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Please let me know as it goes with the passport application in Vancouver as my oath is next Thursday.
Dropped in at the Waterfront Passport Office at 830AM, was out of there by 1030AM. Picking up Feb 20 (Regular processing)

Processing time for regular passport is 10 biz days. Crowd was larger than I expected and the wait was a bit long but overall it was very efficient if you have all your documents/info ready. A few were turned away due to insufficient information or errors in filling out their forms but the staff was very helpful.

Reactions: Clemency30

Clemency30

Sep 25, 2019
Dropped in at the Waterfront Passport Office at 830AM, was out of there by 1030AM. Picking up Feb 20 (Regular processing)

Processing time for regular passport is 10 biz days. Crowd was larger than I expected and the wait was a bit long but overall it was very efficient if you have all your documents/info ready. A few were turned away due to insufficient information or errors in filling out their forms but the staff was very helpful.
Thank you for the update. For the signatures on the passport application form . Did you and your guarantor sign by hand or electronically?

Note Feb 20 is a statutory holiday in BC, so they might be closed

ATKK_H

Sep 24, 2018
I understand the case processing time varies between applicants, but the wait without any correspondence/updates and incorrect information on the tracker are so unpleasant, worrisome and stressful. My application has a chaotic status. I would appreciate sharing your experience on how to ensure it gets processed.

Ghost update on December 16, 2022, but nothing has changed.
Type: Online Application
Application Office: Vancouver
Application submitted: December 23, 2021
AOR: February 21, 2022
Test Marked Complete: September 22, 2022
Physical presence, Prohibitions, and Language Skills, Background verification are "In Progress."
Citizenship Oath: Not started

Application online status: waiting for additional documents, but I didn't receive any correspondence. I called IRCC they said nothing is pending, just a system glitch. I called IRCC several times and was advised that the processing time is 24 months, and I still need to wait.

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Thank you for the update. For the signatures on the passport application form . Did you and your guarantor sign by hand or electronically?

Note Feb 20 is a statutory holiday in BC, so they might be closed
I signed by hand.

I noticed that too but on the official website they are open. maybe because its provincial not federal.

Zeek88

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023
I understand the case processing time varies between applicants, but the wait without any correspondence/updates and incorrect information on the tracker are so unpleasant, worrisome and stressful. My application has a chaotic status. I would appreciate sharing your experience on how to ensure it gets processed.

Ghost update on December 16, 2022, but nothing has changed.
Application Office: Vancouver
Application submitted: December 23, 2021
AOR: February 21, 2022
Test Marked Complete: September 22, 2022
Physical presence, Prohibitions, and Language Skills, Background verification are "In Progress."

Application online status: waiting for additional documents, but I didn't receive any correspondence. I called IRCC they said nothing is pending, just a system glitch. I called IRCC several times and was advised that the processing time is 24 months, and I still need to wait.
I totally understand the frustration and the stress. I wish there was information to share and that could help. But I'm basically in a similar situation except the "waiting for additional documents" part. I know there are at least few other applicants on this forum who are also in a similar situation. Timeline below. I also reached out several times and they keep saying we have to wait. It's 23/24 months based on their current guidelines. I have seen applicant as recent as June 2022 who already got their oath invites. But they say every case is different. So we just need to wait and hope for the best.
Application Office: Toronto / Scarborough
Application submitted: December 6, 2021
AOR: February 4, 2022
Background Verification: August 26, 2022
Test Marked Complete: September 12, 2022
Physical presence, Prohibitions, and Language Skills are "In Progress."

Reactions: ATKK_H

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Unfortunately, no, it's still "in process". Like ATKK_H, I also checked with IRCC, and I was told that everything is in order.
Is there anything I can do at this point?
As your Physical presence, Prohibitions, and Language Skills and ECAS is still in progress there is not much you can do then to contact IRCC which may tell you to wait as it's nowhere near the 23 months processing timeline. If you get a good agent he might tell you something useful.

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Applied Dec 6th, BG completed August, and Test completed September 12. Everything else in progress. While the majority of applicants with similar timelines had their oaths scheduled in the Nov- Jan/Feb period, it seems others are still waiting. I personally contacted them multiple times and every time they confirmed that there do not seem to be any issues, and I just need to wait. Will update this forum once I get any updates.
Same here! BG and test completed in September, no updates since then. Everything else is in progress. No idea why we're kept waiting.

Reactions: Zeek88

m_t

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Took my Oath on Jan 30 and today they closed my tracker. The journey is over :) Full timeline below:

Dec 7, 2021 - Application sent / delivered (online)
Feb 15, 2022 - AOR received
Feb 16, 2022 - In Progress
Sep 9, 2022 - Background verification completed
Sep 12, 2022 - Test scheduled
Sep 14, 2022 - Test invite email received
Sep 16, 2022 - Test taken
Sep 21, 2022 - Test updated to 'Completed' in the system
Dec 8, 2022 - LPP completed
Jan 16, 2023 - Oath invite email received
Jan 30, 2023 - Oath ceremony (virtual, Scarborough office)
Feb 1, 2023 - Tracker closed

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!
Hey, congratulations! My oath was on Jan 31. Have you received your citizenship certificate yet?

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015

What about the Citizenship certificate? How long did that take? Did you get an e-certificate?