+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Can anyone direct me towards some detailed information about the interview? Wanted to know does everyone get an interview request after the test and what exactly is it about?
Friend has the interview scheduled for September 22nd. Most probably, they will chat with you, and verify the docs you submitted. Have your docs ready.

pallavi08

Aug 25, 2017
Hi All
I got the online test invitation which was re-scheduled. My father passed away during my test window period and I couldn't/ wasn't in condition to give test. I re-scheduled my test and with 15 days I got re-scheduled. Today i gave my test from outside Canada unofficial result 18/20.
(It was hard time for me) Greatful to those who have given all information about re-scheduling and the webform, its very helpful.

Thank you so much

pallavi08

Aug 25, 2017
No email for me as well. In fact, they moved my test date to between between August 31, 2022 and September 20, 2022 from Aug 19 to Sept 8. I have been checking my emails every few hours hoping to get the test invite.
Hi
Today i gave my test, i didnt got test invitation just a tracker update.
i singed in with my application number and UCI and i could access the test.
you don't need the invitation. You can still access the test.
Good luck

antman88

Feb 16, 2022
For those who have gone through with their oath ceremony, how long does it seem like its going to take to get your Canadian passports?

Also, do I need to surrender my Indian passport before applying for a visitor visa on my Canadian passport? (Logically I would imagine yes, but wanted to check)

Vivolino

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
finally some moves on my application, Background verification - Completed on Aug 31, 2022.

batman12345

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
My citizenship application just got updated and I can take the test on September 30th and my status changed to In Progress. However, the Background Check is still In Progress. Is this the same for everyone else too?

MChief117

Star Member
Aug 24, 2022
For those who have gone through with their oath ceremony, how long does it seem like its going to take to get your Canadian passports?

Also, do I need to surrender my Indian passport before applying for a visitor visa on my Canadian passport? (Logically I would imagine yes, but wanted to check)
If I am not wrong, taking up Canadian citizenship (oath ceremony) is an automatic renunciation of Indian citizenship. As such you are supposed to surrender your passport soon after your oath ceremony. Further, I am guessing u would probably apply for an OCI card (not sure how long this takes).

Regarding the passport, I guess it depends on urgency. If you have travel planned already (u r asked during oath), they can expedite your citizenship certificate. This is hearsay from other applicants I ve been in contact with and needs to be confirmed.

Reactions: antman88

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All
I got the online test invitation which was re-scheduled. My father passed away during my test window period and I couldn't/ wasn't in condition to give test. I re-scheduled my test and with 15 days I got re-scheduled. Today i gave my test from outside Canada unofficial result 18/20.
(It was hard time for me) Greatful to those who have given all information about re-scheduling and the webform, its very helpful.

Thank you so much
Hi @pallavi08 ,
Do you have to let them know that you are outside Canada & ask for a permission to write the test from outside Canada?
Thank you.

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
I just received the test invite. Seems I got it from Scarborough Office. Planning to take the test as soon as window opens.
I did my test today and got 20/20. I read discover Canada once and did some practice tests. The test is very intuitive and easy. Hard part was to align the webcam to take a photo of the id.

Here is a good post which gives links to many free practice tests

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test.734453/post-9452513

Reactions: MChief117

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
If I am not wrong, taking up Canadian citizenship (oath ceremony) is an automatic renunciation of Indian citizenship. As such you are supposed to surrender your passport soon after your oath ceremony. Further, I am guessing u would probably apply for an OCI card (not sure how long this takes).

Regarding the passport, I guess it depends on urgency. If you have travel planned already (u r asked during oath), they can expedite your citizenship certificate. This is hearsay from other applicants I ve been in contact with and needs to be confirmed.
do we need to bring proof of travel to the virtual ceremony?

Nofear

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Hi Guys,

I had a quick question for you all , following are my timelines and i had received a Ghost update on the 31st August (I was expecting it to be the test invite but 2 days have passed and my status for Citizenship test still shows not started. Nothing else was changed on the profile. What should i expect with this recent ghost update?

Application type : Online
Applicant Location : Toronto
Applied : 21 Dec
AOR / In Progress : 18 Feb
Additional Information Requested / Submitted : 18 Feb
Ghost Update : 23 Aug
BC Completed : 25th Aug
Ghost Update : 31 Aug

Thanks in advance.

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Hi Guys,

I had a quick question for you all , following are my timelines and i had received a Ghost update on the 31st August (I was expecting it to be the test invite but 2 days have passed and my status for Citizenship test still shows not started. Nothing else was changed on the profile. What should i expect with this recent ghost update?

Thanks in advance.
We cannot always guess why there is a ghost update. It mostly happens when someone touches your file. I would assume that your file is sent to the local office and they just opened it. As far as I know centres in Toronto are facing more delays than others in scheduling and inviting you to tests. You need not worry and just hang in there tight :)

Reactions: Nofear

Deleczee

Nov 14, 2020
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
My Background check was completed on the 22nd of Aug and there was an update on 23rd and ever since then there has been no update. I haven't received any test invite so far.

Reactions: Nofear