+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

PakiAccountant

May 3, 2017
Hi everyone,

I applied for Citizenship in Dec 2021 online. My passport (from home country) was about to expire this year. So, I applied for renewal of my passport and I have received the passport now. Do I need to submit the scanned copy of my new passport? If yes, then how do I submit the copy of new passport?

Also, I have not received any update after I received OAR in Feb, but I think this is the case for most of the online applicants. I applied for GCMS notes but it has been more than 1.5 months and I haven't received the GCMS notes yet. Does it take that long to get the notes? I sent them follow up email as well (on atip-aiprp@cic.gc.ca) but it has been more than 10 days and haven't received any response to that follow up email as well. Is there any way for me to check the status of my request for GCMS notes?
Hi everyone,

Has anyone been in this situation, where you had got your passport from home country renewed. Did you have to submit the scanned copy of the passport. If yes, how did you submit?

pallavi08

Aug 25, 2017
Webform:
-------
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp?v2
Then "Update or ask about application"
Then "Schedule or change the date or time of your appointment, interview or test"

You need to provide all the details you have including reason why can't attend the test.
--------

This is another version of the webform - in case you don't have all the details they're asking for in the previous link you can use this:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp?v1

-----

Irrespective of which which webform you're using take a screenshot with timestamp after submitting as evidence in case they later claim they didn't receive it.
------

For calling you can get the info here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2021-citizenship-applicants.733273/post-10152217

It's highly recommended to do both of the above - call and webform - in order to avoid your application going on hold.

Do you know which office is processing your application? Someone here might have their email address even if you haven't received an emailed test invite.
Thank you i will try both webform .
i didn't receive email invitation and check with junk/ spam. I didn't receive any so dont where to email them.
but im surely gone try webform.
Thank you

madho

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Hi, Members can you please help to advise, how can 2nd parents sign a consent form for their child if both parents are in different countries?

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Thank you i will try both webform .
i didn't receive email invitation and check with junk/ spam. I didn't receive any so dont where to email them.
but im surely gone try webform.
Thank you
Sorry for your loss, my condolences. The test email comes 2 days before the start of test window. I don't know it is possible to take outside of Canada. A friend has done it. He replied to the email and mentioned he was outside of Canada. I don't know about rescheduling the test. Good luck.

pallavi08

Aug 25, 2017
There is an option to write test from India. You could email them in the provided email in your test invite they will allow you to write it from home. I was planning to take test when I reached back Canada, but my flight got delayed, I contacted them and was allowed to take test from India. Also if you reschedule you might get the next one may be 2 months after only.
Hi
That's good you could take test from India while you were there. Hoping i can give the exam from India too.
I might have email them but i dis t receive email invitation.
But if do get one i will email them back for sure
I have already submitted the webform with the detail reason about re-scheduling.

Thank you

Reactions: Eishaan

pallavi08

Aug 25, 2017
Sorry for your loss, my condolences. The test email comes 2 days before the start of test window. I don't know it is possible to take outside of Canada. A friend has done it. He replied to the email and mentioned he was outside of Canada. I don't know about rescheduling the test. Good luck.
Thank you, in one of the webform you can request for reschedule the test.
I did send that form and if i will get any email then i will email them my situation. I am hoping that will help.

Thank you

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
It took them 71 days (May 3-July 13) to reply to my last web form request and they did not even answer my question properly, so don't hold your breath for anything after you send it. I thought they would improve by this time but no, they went up from 53 days response time to 71.

Reactions: pallavi08

pallavi08

Aug 25, 2017
It took them 71 days (May 3-July 13) to reply to my last web form request and they did not even answer my question properly, so don't hold your breath for anything after you send it. I thought they would improve by this time but no, they went up from 53 days response time to 71.

Wow! That's pretty long, I suppose I will have to hang in there!

Thank you

pallavi08

Aug 25, 2017
Hi
I am so grateful that those who promptly helped. It gives you peace of mind.
Thank you again to those who replied and helped me.

Reactions: esse

CDN1234

Jun 25, 2019
Should I be concerned? My paper application hasn't moved at all after BG check completion, no ghost update or whatsoever. I requested an ATIP more than 30 days ago and still haven't received it

Ahv

Mar 13, 2016
Hi All, email invitation for Oath Ceremony on Aug 2nd received today. Check my signature for timeline. Best luck guys

hardayborlar

Jul 27, 2022
Hi All,
I’m a December applicant and was. Sent test schedule May 9th which i took 2 weeks after - around May 17th and scored 19/20. On June 1st I noticed ghost update when I login to my app but nothing changes in my application.
Today I login to my app and got another update for another test schedule for August 2 - 23rd.
I am a bit confused why another test without any reason and I haven’t seen a mail for this.

this is a family application. My wife took her test May 28th and by June 15th her test was marked completed.
Anyone with such issue, do you think this is a mistake or do I just retake the test?
Also how do I find out the office processing my App.

Will await your replies, thanks

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
I m getting very disheartened. I’ve been waiting with a 16 feb AOR and no movement since. It’s been 5.5 months….
There are applicants waiting longer than that, I am waiting for 9 Months with no updates. At this point paper applicants are getting processed quickly.