+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

JANDOUBI

Aug 4, 2016
Hi guys,

Just updated my status.
Applied by paper.
After the oath ceremony on June 29th. I got my certificate yesterday, July 13th. My tracker "closed" on July 5th.

Best of luck for you all
Cheers
Hi Nadaa ,

Could you please share the time line of the whole application, from the reception of your citizenship application until receiving the proof of citizenship. Was it 12 months or less ?
Thanks and congratulations

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Reactions: Eishaan

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Updated my signature! As per tracker, our App is officially closed effective 16 July 2022.

Good luck everyone! Praying the rest of December 2021 and even earlier applicants get movements, updates quicker.

Reactions: fulton1712

Saintugo

Jan 22, 2019
Does anyone have an idea why they will ask me to send copies of all my passport pages again after submitting with the application?

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Does anyone have an idea why they will ask me to send copies of all my passport pages again after submitting with the application?
You might have a missed a page, that's why.

Reactions: Saintugo

PakiAccountant

May 3, 2017
Hi everyone,

I applied for Citizenship in Dec 2021 online. My passport (from home country) was about to expire this year. So, I applied for renewal of my passport and I have received the passport now. Do I need to submit the scanned copy of my new passport? If yes, then how do I submit the copy of new passport?

Also, I have not received any update after I received OAR in Feb, but I think this is the case for most of the online applicants. I applied for GCMS notes but it has been more than 1.5 months and I haven't received the GCMS notes yet. Does it take that long to get the notes? I sent them follow up email as well (on atip-aiprp@cic.gc.ca) but it has been more than 10 days and haven't received any response to that follow up email as well. Is there any way for me to check the status of my request for GCMS notes?

Last edited:

pallavi08

Aug 25, 2017
Hi
My status is updated for test but didn't receive email invitation and i am outside the Canada.
My Dad passed away on 5th july and i have to travel to India, so from end of the june i couldnt check my tracker until today. I am not prepare for test and thinking of to reschedule the exam.
please can anyone tell how can I reschedule exam ?
Do i have to inform my situation to them? If so how?

Thank you in advance

Vish7

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi
My status is updated for test but didn't receive email invitation and i am outside the Canada.
My Dad passed away on 5th july and i have to travel to India, so from end of the june i couldnt check my tracker until today. I am not prepare for test and thinking of to reschedule the exam.

Thank you in advance
Sorry for your loss. May his soul rest in peace.

Did you check your spam folder for the test invite? There are couple of email id's provided there to contact them to reschedule the test:

Below are the details from that email:

"If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us (IRCC.DNCitMISScheduling-ConvocationMISCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email and provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email."

Hope that helps.

Reactions: iceman55

Pratikkumar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-0502017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Updated my signature! As per tracker, our App is officially closed effective 16 July 2022.

Good luck everyone! Praying the rest of December 2021 and even earlier applicants get movements, updates quicker.
Congrats!
My wife and kids' application has almost same timeline with a couple of days plus or minus until test completion. But since then - No movement.

Your post gives me hopes!

pallavi08

Aug 25, 2017
Sorry for your loss. May his soul rest in peace.

Did you check your spam folder for the test invite? There are couple of email id's provided there to contact them to reschedule the test:

Below are the details from that email:

"If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us (IRCC.DNCitMISScheduling-ConvocationMISCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email and provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email."

Hope that helps.
Hi
Thank you

checked juck box/ spam folder i didnt got any email.
I was thinking to reschedule the test.
Is there any way that i can let them know the situation and reschedule it? Or any contact number where I can talk to them?

Thank you

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hi
Thank you

checked juck box/ spam folder i didnt got any email.
I was thinking to reschedule the test.
Is there any way that i can let them know the situation and reschedule it? Or any contact number where I can talk to them?

Thank you
Webform:
-------
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp?v2
Then "Update or ask about application"
Then "Schedule or change the date or time of your appointment, interview or test"

You need to provide all the details you have including reason why can't attend the test.
--------

This is another version of the webform - in case you don't have all the details they're asking for in the previous link you can use this:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp?v1

-----

Irrespective of which which webform you're using take a screenshot with timestamp after submitting as evidence in case they later claim they didn't receive it.
------

For calling you can get the info here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2021-citizenship-applicants.733273/post-10152217

It's highly recommended to do both of the above - call and webform - in order to avoid your application going on hold.

Do you know which office is processing your application? Someone here might have their email address even if you haven't received an emailed test invite.

Last edited:
Reactions: pallavi08

Eishaan

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Hi

Thank you in advance
There is an option to write test from India. You could email them in the provided email in your test invite they will allow you to write it from home. I was planning to take test when I reached back Canada, but my flight got delayed, I contacted them and was allowed to take test from India. Also if you reschedule you might get the next one may be 2 months after only.